Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 12:17 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by JDWight
We'll all be anxious to hear your impressions of the DSC controller. Holding off myself until I hear something really positive from someone else who hasn't altered their suspension at all because I'm not willing to do that right now. The Kline inconel might be in my future also but need to hear it in person from inside the car.
Search this forum for threads on the DCS, of which there are many...we do not want this thread to go too far off topic. With that said. I added it to my Spyder shortly after I got it and highly recommend it...that is all I did to alter the suspension.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (02-01-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 12:21 PM
JDWight
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by absame
Details on the sound proofing?
Check out this thread for all the details- <Burmester in Spyder - not impressed!> near the end.

Jim
Old 02-01-2023, 12:28 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
So, I followed the pattern posted by Musical and put Dynamat and acustic tiles behind the door sub and put Dynamat in the doors. I did find one rubber grommet that had fallen out of position which may have been the cause of my rattle. I did the sound insulation anyway but only completed the passenger.

Results: one reason I only did one side was I have tow small kids and I ran out of time and the other was I wanted to see if I could hear a difference in the speakers from one door to the other. The answer is that if you have Burmester, I highly recommend you do this to your doors. One of the complaints with this system is that it is overly bright and the midrange is not very strong. Now you can hear a definite difference between the two doors with the passenger side sounding much fuller and richer. Amazing what some audio insulation can do. Obviously, there are no rattles. I'll do the driver's side once I get the kids to bed. This maybe added 2lbs to each door but totally worth it. I'm not building a race car and I have shaved weight in other areas. The door even sounds better when you close it.

I forgot to take a post picture behind the speaker once I insulated it, I'll do it on the driver's door. You can see the one tiny OEM strip in the door which doesn't do much.

Originally Posted by absame
Details on the sound proofing?
Just copied Musicar but I believe they will also sell you a kit.
The following 2 users liked this post by MaddMike:
absame (02-01-2023), tigerhonaker (02-02-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 08:15 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyrat2
Did these a few weeks back.

Looking good! These have been very popular with the 718 Cup car guys as well!
https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/p...intake-grilles

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

Old 02-01-2023, 08:26 PM
rottwagon
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default @jdwight

Wireless CarPlay adapter- don't use it, routed a cord when installing the shift **** so I can hard-wire/charge my phone. Also have heard bluetooth degrades audio quality.” This is brilliant. Ashamed I didn’t think of this on so many levels. Well done on the additions!!!
Old 02-01-2023, 08:28 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by RGS
Looking good! These have been very popular with the 718 Cup car guys as well!
https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/p...intake-grilles
Ordered a set today.
Old 02-01-2023, 09:59 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by rottwagon
Wireless CarPlay adapter- don't use it, routed a cord when installing the shift **** so I can hard-wire/charge my phone. Also have heard bluetooth degrades audio quality.” This is brilliant. Ashamed I didn’t think of this on so many levels. Well done on the additions!!!
why are you putting your font to “can’t read” colour?
Old 02-01-2023, 10:56 PM
rottwagon
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
why are you putting your font to “can’t read” colour?
good question. I don’t know. Not intended. I click reply on my iPhone and send it. I’ve seen this before though. You have help?
Old 02-01-2023, 11:09 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by rottwagon
good question. I don’t know. Not intended. I click reply on my iPhone and send it. I’ve seen this before though. You have help?
no lol, I think you have to do that on purpose with the font colour, this one came out normal anyway, so whatever you did there keep doing it!
rottwagon (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 02:53 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Lift to take to the car out of the weather

Last edited by John Mclane; 02-02-2023 at 02:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by John Mclane:
Clark_Kent (02-02-2023), UncleDude (02-03-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 03:00 PM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Just copied Musicar but I believe they will also sell you a kit.
where did you get the acoustic tiles? Dynamat and it’s competitors are everywhere, can’t find the tiles. 🤷‍♂️
Old 02-02-2023, 10:48 PM
axoo
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

For those of you who bought from Renndecals, how do you feel about the quality?
Old 02-02-2023, 11:01 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by axoo
For those of you who bought from Renndecals, how do you feel about the quality?
Mine were lost during delivery even though they showed as “Delivered” last week, or I’d chime in. (Another set is on the way.)
My inbound GT4 has an appointment on the 27th for Full PPF, so I’ll let you know what my opinion of them is then… though Im having second thoughts on whether I even want to install them on the car now, simply due to second guessing how I want the car to look. Doing the rear wing in STEK Matte Black PPF, and for the moment the idea is to add the PORSCHE side decals to break up the white. Now Im leaning towards scrapping the decals (selling them on the cheap), and go Matte Black PPF on the air ducts instead.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:06 PM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

@BoxKing I did gloss black stek ppf on the side intakes on arctic gray. I think it'd look amazing on white. I would love to put some sport cup decals on mine but worried it might look too busy.

I added black soul tips and soul comp OAPs. Most surprised that I have less drone when combined with the valve collar mod.

Last edited by vtplm; 02-02-2023 at 11:09 PM.
BoxKing (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 11:30 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by vtplm
@BoxKing I did gloss black stek ppf on the side intakes on arctic gray. I think it'd look amazing on white. I would love to put some sport cup decals on mine but worried it might look too busy.
Being too busy, and putting a PORSCHE Decal on a PORSCHE just isnt sitting well with me at the moment (this feeling could change when the clock strikes MidNight!). Part of me likes the GT4 side decal better, but I find them looking slightly too big on the door panels. I’ll most likely stick with just the rear wing in matte black as this will add some nice aggression to the car, and if I want, I’ll get the air scoops changed to matte black down the road.

Now I have a few weeks to decide if I want to do the rest of the vehicle in satin/matte PPF finish. Once again I’m torn, bc this is too expensive of an option to just tare off, and go back to standard, as I do want to enjoy the CMW paint, and I have no clue how it will show with satin film overtop. I’m going ask for them to apply a small patch of this on the car when I take her in to see the change in person.

I’ve never bought so much for a car I dont even have in my possession, but I cant seem to stop the itch to mod!
OAP’s, Clear side markers, wireless CarPlay dongle, new radar detector, mount & wiring kit, key fob cover, new detailing products, wind diffusers, phone mount.

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?