Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 12:30 PM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Of course. Why would anyone want a wireless adapter if they didn't have AA enabled? I couldn't care less about Carplay. We have that in the family car that my wife drives but she never drives this car and I only use AA. It is simply a couple line of code to enable it. "Hacked" is a strong word.
Believe it or not some will want a wireless adapter for Carplay , one man's hacked is another's enabled, I've "enabled" AA on mine too, lol!
​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (01-02-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 02:19 PM
LoodorneGT4
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NCheok
Use this generously in-between washes, it's definitely helped me to cut down on the brake dust.

Closest thing to somewhat keeping your wheels clean longer without CCBs.

I stay away from any massive production ( stuff you see at autozone) lol
I like these and they do work very well
-P&S Professional Detail Products - Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner
-https://www.polishangel.us/collectio...-wheel-coating

Old 01-02-2023, 03:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,659 Likes on 2,712 Posts

Originally Posted by LoodorneGT4
Does bronze show a lot of break dust like black ?
silver wheel do the trick as they don’t reflect black dust.
I would say that silver is the worst for brake dust, black is the worst for road grime and Bronze and Platinum do the best at hiding both.
Old 01-02-2023, 03:38 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06jerry
Believe it or not some will want a wireless adapter for Carplay , one man's hacked is another's enabled, I've "enabled" AA on mine too, lol!
​​​​​​​
Understood. I was just sharing with the community that one of the better AA ones which has been hard to find lately was on sale. Take it for what it's worth.
Z06jerry (01-03-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 03:39 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Does bronze show a lot of break dust like black ?
silver wheel do the trick as they don’t reflect black dust.
Bronze and platinum show the least but everything shows eventually even with PCCBs.
LoodorneGT4 (01-02-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 08:18 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 453 Posts
Exclamation

I stay away from any massive production ( stuff you see at autozone) lol
I like these and they do work very well
-P&S Professional Detail Products - Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner
-https://www.polishangel.us/collectio...-wheel-coating
Brake dust is brake dust.

This came recommended from other Porsche owners and for me, trying anything is better than doing nothing.

I have Xpel Fusion Plus applied on my wheels, before that some unbranded ceramic coating, and all these workshops all say the same thing before they do their thing, brake dust won't stick as badly or will be reduced to barely there. Rather, I'd would have prefer them being honest by saying with ceramic coating, the wheels will be easier to wash (which is factual and entirely true).

This is the only product so far that has definitely cut down on brake dust sticking, nothing else has come close.
The following 3 users liked this post by NCheok:
flynlo (01-03-2023), fxmixer (01-02-2023), LoodorneGT4 (01-02-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 09:12 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 464 Posts

I would not use the ArmorAll product even it were free, but to each their own.

Most effective products will be your top coat protectants like Polish Angel, Kamikaze overcoat (full ceramic treatment being best)…. I haven’t given the PA Wheel Coating a try yet, but I assume it works in the exact same fashion. These products regardless of Ceramic being applied will aid in some reduction of brake dust clinging to your wheels, but their primary use is to make maintenance easier. There is only one major option when it comes to “limiting” brake dust build up, and that’s the type of brake pads you install. i.e.: I put Akebono pads on my F82 M4 with the 666M Wheels, and I have only taken a wash mitt to them twice in the past two years due to how little they create dust (pressure wash and done!). Only using Kamikaze Overcoat (non-ceramic coated wheels) applied 2-3 times a year… this is my daily, and I range up to 20K miles/year.

Lastly, use an Iron remover every 2-3 washes as you need to restore the properties of your coatings by removing these particulates from the surfaces. Reapply your coating after using an Iron remover… coatings are not needed to be applied after every wash.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoxKing:
DFW01TT (01-03-2023), LoodorneGT4 (01-02-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 10:13 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Care to explain what's so vile about this specific ArmorAll product? Facts please, without emotions.

There is a notion that "prestige" cars should use "professional, bespoke" products is ridiculous. If it works, it works.

Ironically, I'm based in Japan and the miracle products spoken highly from Kamikaze have no clout, no local market penetration, no retail presence, no storefront.
The following 2 users liked this post by NCheok:
ausgang (01-06-2023), TXRubicon (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 03:46 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by NCheok
Care to explain what's so vile about this specific ArmorAll product? Facts please, without emotions.

There is a notion that "prestige" cars should use "professional, bespoke" products is ridiculous. If it works, it works.

Ironically, I'm based in Japan and the miracle products spoken highly from Kamikaze have no clout, no local market penetration, no retail presence, no storefront.
Experience with first hand application of said ArmorAll product, and many others within this range, along with a large variety of bespoke products. I found most products traditionally sold at ones local auto supply chain to be subpar, and to boot, they're usually priced close to the so called "professional level" products available. This statement even goes for microfiber towels; you can order microfiber from the Rag Company that are of much higher quality for the same price or less than say AutoZone (does that seem ridiculous?). Not everyone is aware that they can get higher quality products at relatively cheap prices (enter your detail product of choice). Take Chemical Guys products... they're now at most major retailers, even Walmarts. Their detail spray products are in the mid $20+ range... I also don't like how their products performs compared to other bespoke products I have tried over the years.

"if it works, it works" is not the motto I live by....
What can I find thats better/best for each individual application is how I roll, and I'm sorry AutoZone products do not cut the mustard for me. Well, maybe if I need wiper blades, or Meguiars microfiber cutting/polishing pads (see, I do buy "GENERIC").

Kamikaze & Polish Angel have been two product lines that I found work best for certain applications, so they work for me (as noted in my previous reply)... and I'll move on from these if/when I come across another product line that has better performance.
I'd be happy to be informed that these two products are garbage in comparison to others currently available, and I'd welcome the free education.

Last edited by BoxKing; 01-03-2023 at 06:47 PM.
LoodorneGT4 (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 05:56 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

[QUOTE=MaddMike;18546641]They are the dark bronze. I needed to change it up a little from the stock platinum that way I have other looks and can "change out the shoes". I think the bronze will look good with the shark blue. It makes the color look a little darker and richer. Very happy with my color choice on these.

I need to figure out the center caps. I ordered an extra set of Porsche center caps and I think I'll have to have them painted locally as I want the OEM look as much as possible.

[/QU

Mike, how do you think black and yellow would look with those wheels(BTW, I think they will look badass with Shark Blue)

Old 01-03-2023, 07:23 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flynlo

Mike, how do you think black and yellow would look with those wheels(BTW, I think they will look badass with Shark Blue)
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you referring to the black and yellow center caps? If so, I have a set of those on order but expect to have to paint them.

Edit: mine are black and colored. Just the gold may look good though.

Last edited by MaddMike; 01-05-2023 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:18 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you referring to the black and yellow center caps? If so, I have a set of those on order but expect to have to paint them.
Yes I was referring to the center caps.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:32 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

I like them as well...here are mine albeit 3D:

Old 01-03-2023, 09:55 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BoxKing
What can I find thats better/best for each individual application is how I roll.
Phew! I'm so glad it's perceived as subpar and overpriced.

I was going to burn my wheels if you told me anything else.
Old 01-05-2023, 06:04 PM
NastyHabits
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 158 Posts

Had her helmet custom airbrushed. Was hoping for more blue, but gave the artist creative license. All in all pretty happy.

The following 5 users liked this post by NastyHabits:
Growler48 (01-05-2023), PaulE (01-05-2023), rjag2034 (01-06-2023), sin911 (01-06-2023), TripleL (01-11-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?