Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 10:31 AM
yellolab
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by augustxke
Where is the dealer your car is going to? After the supreme ace docked in Davisville it went straight to Jacksonville where my car off loaded. I was stuck in Emden for 3 weeks. Hope your luck changes.
We were shipmates FYI. And my dealer told me this morning my BGTS reached "exit port", meaning it was picked up by the trucking company, so should arrive here in NC later today.
TYD still shows port processing, as it lags behind.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:36 PM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Where is the dealer your car is going to? After the supreme ace docked in Davisville it went straight to Jacksonville where my car off loaded. I was stuck in Emden for 3 weeks. Hope your luck changes.
Mine is going to Porsche Southampton NY. not sure what the delays are. I was supposed to take delivery at the end of December but here we are.
Old 02-08-2023, 02:42 PM
augustxke
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
Mine is going to Porsche Southampton NY. not sure what the delays are. I was supposed to take delivery at the end of December but here we are.
Just looked back at TYD and it says my BGTS is at the dealership in Naples, two days ahead of schedule.
The following 2 users liked this post by augustxke:
EXFIB (02-08-2023), SpyderGent (02-08-2023)
Old 02-08-2023, 05:48 PM
BMPR
AutoX

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaknBak
How long have others seen the port delays at Emden take recently?

My GT4 arrived in Emden February 3rd…

Waiting for a San Diego bound ship.
My GT4 got to Emden on 1/26. TYD just updated today and looks like I’m on the SFL Composer heading to Baltimore, so it took me just under 2 weeks to get on a boat. Seems like no major delays at the moment, at least for East Coast bound ships.

Anyone else here shipmates with me on the Composer?
The following users liked this post:
SpyderGent (02-08-2023)
Old 02-08-2023, 06:04 PM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Just looked back at TYD and it says my BGTS is at the dealership in Naples, two days ahead of schedule.
Nice. Exciting! When are you picking it up?
Old 02-08-2023, 07:22 PM
ShaknBak
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BMPR
My GT4 got to Emden on 1/26. TYD just updated today and looks like I’m on the SFL Composer heading to Baltimore, so it took me just under 2 weeks to get on a boat. Seems like no major delays at the moment, at least for East Coast bound ships.

Anyone else here shipmates with me on the Composer?
Awesome! That’s not a long wait. I think the west coast deliveries are seeing more delays…

Originally Posted by pinion
Schedules can be found on PWL here: https://www.pwl.de/en

Scroll down to shipping portal, choose east/west coast and the Hyundai/Glovis option to see the current schedules. Typically the Porsche tracking will update a few days after the boat leaves Emden and your dealer (in my case since I have a Cayenne GTS) or TYD will tell you if you made it on the boat or not.

I found a lot of detail over in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...l#post18618537
Thanks for all the links! Seems like with west coast departures every 3-4 weeks we’re hoping to make it on the February 23 boat at the earliest…
Old 02-08-2023, 08:36 PM
tych0
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! That’s not a long wait. I think the west coast deliveries are seeing more delays…

Thanks for all the links! Seems like with west coast departures every 3-4 weeks we’re hoping to make it on the February 23 boat at the earliest…
That's only the Glovis schedule. NYK is also shipping to the west coast with 2 more boats in February. Volans Leader on the 15th and Cassiopeia Leader on the 27th. It's only to San Diego not Benicia though.

https://www.nykroro.com/wp-content/u...23-week-05.pdf

Last edited by tych0; 02-08-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:06 PM
ShaknBak
Track Day

Originally Posted by tych0
That's only the Glovis schedule. NYK is also shipping to the west coast with 2 more boats in February. Volans Leader on the 15th and Cassiopeia Leader on the 27th. It's only to San Diego not Benicia though.

https://www.nykroro.com/wp-content/u...23-week-05.pdf
Nice! A couple more chances this month to load up!
Old 02-08-2023, 11:46 PM
GTSPYDER23
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 122 Posts

my car sat at Emden for 5 weeks, and west coast port for 4 weeks. Only took 12 days to build in Germany! ;(
Old 02-09-2023, 12:43 AM
ShaknBak
Track Day

Originally Posted by GTSPYDER23
my car sat at Emden for 5 weeks, and west coast port for 4 weeks. Only took 12 days to build in Germany! ;(

Every time I open TYD the Germans absolve themselves of all responsibility for the delays they don’t control after manufacturing!
The following 2 users liked this post by ShaknBak:
santiago660 (02-09-2023), SpyderGent (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 02:05 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Mate
I am in California and just recently got the idea to buy a GT4. I want to take delivery in September-October 2023 , not sooner , and very much want the ED. Reading some of the recent comments in this thread and others, I struggle to understand how should I approach this. Should I just sit tight and start calling around much closer to my preferred delivery date or put a deposit ASAP expecting many months before getting an allocation? So far I just stopped by one dealer in SoCal and they have $40K ADM. That’s just nonsense IMO, but I am used to SoCal dealers no matter what brand doing this kind of stuff and I shop for new cars nation wide. I will most likely won’t pay more than $10K of mark up if any. I want LWB and PCCB, the rest is optional.

We did ED for wife’s Macan S in September 2014. This was the last and only Porsche that we purchased. She still drives it. Great car. I also put my name on the list for 981 GT4 in January 2015 at Porsche North Houston, in June of that year I asked to be dropped off the list as we were expecting our first child by that time, then to my surprised I got a call that I had an allocation in October 2015, but I had to pass with heavy heart.. I closed my eyes on all things Porsche from that moment.. My son is now 7 and I am back!
I have some bad and good news for you. The bad is that you almost missed the train, what you are trying to do will be really hard to pull off at this point in time. The good news is that it is still possible if you are willing to pay some significant ADM. If you find a May\June production - you can make that happen.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:24 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Mate
I want LWB and PCCB, the rest is optional.
Better start considering the used market because the likelihood of you getting one of the few remaining allocations at a $10K ADM and also being able to spec LWB and PCCB is near zero.
SpyderGent (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 06:48 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Don't kill me, but personally, I think that all the current Porsche colors, at least for the Spyder\GT4, don't look special or expensive.
I am having trouble finding a color I am happy with for my upcoming Spyder.
I look at Mazda's colors, for example, and they have that expensive look to them (especially Soul Red and Machine Grey).

I was almost certain I go with Chalk, but after seeing it in person on the Spyder, I was a bit disappointed.
It was very "flat", which is probably by design, but personally, I am not a huge fan of that.

The only color I consider "special" is Gentian Blue (I just came back from the dealership after checking this one in person).
I will eventually probably go with GB or CW.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lucifer:
gt4sf (02-10-2023), SpyderGent (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 07:26 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

I actually agree and am pretty irritated I can't get PTS. GB is a great color but feels bland on a GT4 to me. Chalk is my fallback. It's at least a nice enough hue and shows the lines well.
SpyderGent (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 07:29 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts

go white and save your money , its looks amazing , then you can put in any colors regarding seat belts and stitching

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...