Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,265 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
seems I am missing the photo. Thanks for the help. No big deal
What I noticed is that all photos tend to become available once the car is on a ship and enroute. If your status is showing 3/4 chances are all photos are there, just hiding and need to be pulled with the Inspect "hack". That was my and a few others experiences.
Old 01-17-2023, 12:12 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
What I noticed is that all photos tend to become available once the car is on a ship and enroute. If your status is showing 3/4 chances are all photos are there, just hiding and need to be pulled with the Inspect "hack". That was my and a few others experiences.
Agree.
Even though I sort of knew I needed to wait for TYD to update to 3/4 Phase was reached, I still hacked TYD every hour on the hour for them, and sort of brainwashed myself "Man, Im going to be one of the few with zero pics" - be patient, they will hopefully be available for you soon.

Another tip is to look for an email from Porsche informing you that your car has completed production. At this point, all of your pics will be available (4 total).
Old 01-17-2023, 12:36 PM
dub
Racer

Received 307 Likes on 136 Posts

I checked mine again and found the other 2! Dunlops it is! And I think I spy the LWBS! Monochromatic ecstatic!

The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 02:16 PM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by axoo
My GTS 4.0 is aboard the Supreme Ace. Who else besides @justbob and @augustxke is tagging along?
My car is on Supreme Ace also.
axoo (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 02:22 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by dub
I checked mine again and found the other 2! Dunlops it is! And I think I spy the LWBS! Monochromatic ecstatic!

nice build! Honestly ive heard many good things about the Dunlops. I managed to get the Cup 2s which is what I wanted since I've always wanted to try out this tire but honestly I would have been happy with the Dunlops.
dub (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 02:55 PM
Toon902
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Officially out of the Waiting Room

After putting down a deposit on Nov 8, 2021, and waiting for what felt like an eternity - first to get an allocation (June 2022), production (September 2022) and finally, the official delivery today. I must confess that I had a sneak preview a couple of weeks ago before the car went in for PPF, but I resisted the urge to drive her until she was wrapped.

It was worth the wait!

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2803.MOV (3.74 MB, 33 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by Toon902:
gt4sf (01-17-2023), Xxyion (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 04:04 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Toon902
After putting down a deposit on Nov 8, 2021, and waiting for what felt like an eternity - first to get an allocation (June 2022), production (September 2022) and finally, the official delivery today. I must confess that I had a sneak preview a couple of weeks ago before the car went in for PPF, but I resisted the urge to drive her until she was wrapped.

It was worth the wait!
congrats! She looks amazing!
Old 01-17-2023, 04:07 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Well i am finally out of here. Friday was my delivery day and i had an absolute blast at the Porsche Experience Center in LA. The food was amazing, the track experience was amazing. The reveal was amazing. I couldnt have asked for a more perfect day. My girlfriend and I flew down Thursday night and after the experience was over we drove the car back up to NorCal that same night. We tried to avoid the majority of the rain but it caught us at the end. Back home safe and sound and i still cannot believe that my dream car is parked in my garage. This is my first Porsche ever and even driving back home through long stretches of highway, it just absolutely amazes me how good it is. Full review to come later. As like everyone else has said, the wait time we endured and all the stress about whether or not to keep the car, melts away as soon as the veil is pulled back. Amazing experience, amazing car.
Awesome to see you got your car! PECLA did it right didn't they! Beautiful spec. Congrats!
Old 01-17-2023, 04:13 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
Awesome to see you got your car! PECLA did it right didn't they! Beautiful spec. Congrats!
Thank you! It was an incredible experience. Thank you again for the recommendation of the hanger steak. It was amazing. My girlfriend and I are big foodies so we definetly indulged in the free food. We ended up also doing the Steak Tartare, Hamachi Crudo, duck confit, scallops and risotto and the hazelnut fudge dessert.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:19 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Thank you! It was an incredible experience. Thank you again for the recommendation of the hanger steak. It was amazing. My girlfriend and I are big foodies so we definetly indulged in the free food. We ended up also doing the Steak Tartare, Hamachi Crudo, duck confit, scallops and risotto and the hazelnut fudge dessert.
I can't blame you. That was one of the first things they told me. "We are catching the check, so get everything off the menu that you want to try". I can relate to being a foodie, my wife and I are the same. We make it down to Napa multiple times a year for different reasons and over indulge every time. The French Laundry was a wonderful trip.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:23 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
I can't blame you. That was one of the first things they told me. "We are catching the check, so get everything off the menu that you want to try". I can relate to being a foodie, my wife and I are the same. We make it down to Napa multiple times a year for different reasons and over indulge every time. The French Laundry was a wonderful trip.
That's amazing. I'm actually taking my girlfriend up to French Laundry for our anniversary this year.

Have you driven your car much since delivery? Mine just went in for PPF so its another 2 week wait for me.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:31 PM
gggmann
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gggmann
My car went into Production on 12/20, and this past Monday I got an email from Porsche stating my car had completed production. I was expecting the the "Production Completed" step online to be signed off, but two days later it pushed to 2/3, and my expected delivery date pushed by a month. Anyone see this before?
Well today it jumped to "Ready to Transport" completed on 1/16, and the delivery date pulled back into 2/24 (still a 1 week push from before). You'd think a company of this stature would be more on top of their production schedule.
EXFIB (01-18-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 04:34 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by gggmann
Well today it jumped to "Ready to Transport" completed on 1/16, and the delivery date pulled back into 2/24 (still a 1 week push from before). You'd think a company of this stature would be more on top of their production schedule.
looks like you are in Arizona, chances are the ship your car would be on would be delivered to the west coast. If that's the case that could explain the delay. For whatever reason we get a lot fewer ships traveling here to the west coast. Mine sat at Emden for a good month before loading on a ship due to lack of transport to my area.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:40 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

That's amazing. I'm actually taking my girlfriend up to French Laundry for our anniversary this year.

Have you driven your car much since delivery? Mine just went in for PPF so its another 2 week wait for me.
I wish, but the only bit of driving I got to do with my car was from PECLA to Glistening Perfection in Costa Mesa to get paint correction, PPF, and ceramic. The car has around 50miles on the clock right now. I was waiting for a good weather window to drive it home once they complete it, but I think I'm just going to ship it up here. Weather has been so cold that it'll likely sit in the garage until I get a nice enough day that the tires will hook up to a reasonable level. It's rough getting your dream car and dropping it off/flying home away from said dream car the same day. From the point I left my house to go to the hotel for the day at PEC to the point I walked back in once everything was over was 26 hours. It was a very fast but very enjoyable trip.
Xxyion (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 05:24 PM
augustxke
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
My car is on Supreme Ace also.
Have you noticed the supreme ace is wandering around the english channel and even goes backward. Who is steering that ship?

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...