Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 11:43 AM
Old-n-slo
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Friends, I'm about out. I've managed to pay for the car without taking delivery.
Delivery is going to be at the Atlanta center. My brother lives out that way, and I'm really excited to see him and spend some time playing with cars with him and my nephew. It all happens in early January. CANT WAIT!
I'll post a pic or two when I get the car. They were reluctant to send me pix, as they didn't want to ruin the reveal when I get there. I'm okay with that.
It's going to be a great trip!
The following 2 users liked this post by Old-n-slo:
BoxKing (12-21-2022), JBM718GTS (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 11:58 AM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
We need an official "build questions" thread -
I am back to toying with the idea of a Spyder+Daily over the GTS.
I spent dozens of hours in the configurator speccing a GTS, but the Spyder is "new to me" and there are a few things I am missing, I wonder if it is me, or it is like that by design:
- Can I change the color of the stap-door-handle to something other than chalk\red\yellow? (edit: https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...1GTSTRAPS.html)
- Same question for the "Spyder" text over the seats
Suncoast only has certain colors, and they require you to buy the entire assembly which is quite expensive. Check out this video. I think you'll be surprised just how easy it is to do your own and have it look oem. I have material in hand to change mine to match my shark blue seat belts/blue stitching

Old 12-21-2022, 12:03 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 478 Posts

This is why I optioned my seatbelts to match as closely to the grey/silver door handles. Plus standard interior matches with grey/silver stitching. Win Win if you ask me, and at a fraction of the cost of customizing a full interior.

Old 12-21-2022, 12:18 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

Sorry if this has been asked and answered...but why do the door pulls not match the chosen deviated stitching color from the factory?
Old 12-21-2022, 01:02 PM
JBM718GTS
Instructor

Received 299 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by dub
Sorry if this has been asked and answered...but why do the door pulls not match the chosen deviated stitching color from the factory?
This is one of those silly 'Porscheisms' that no one seems to have an answer for. I've seen people get caught out by it multiple times.

The big one this year was when Racing Yellow stitching went on stop sale.. a bunch of people flipped to Speed Yellow deviated, and then got silver pulls. #annoying
The following users liked this post:
dub (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 01:12 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by GTJake
The colors you see available through Suncoast are the only colors you will get, from a configurator stand point if you don't want to buy them separate and want Porsche to do something custom you'll have to go through CXX and spend minimum of 10k in options and even then there are certain things that won't be approved. I tried to get stitching in a magenta color to match Rubystar and it was denied and I had to choose stitching color out of existing colors. This is going to apply to the stitching of Spyder on the headrest also. If it's not a color option in the configurator it's going to be a CXX option.
Wait I can request a different color for the headrest without CXX?
Old 12-21-2022, 01:13 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JBM718GTS
This is one of those silly 'Porscheisms' that no one seems to have an answer for. I've seen people get caught out by it multiple times.

The big one this year was when Racing Yellow stitching went on stop sale.. a bunch of people flipped to Speed Yellow deviated, and then got silver pulls. #annoying
replacing the pulls is super easy, replacing the headrest or the seat belts is a different story
Old 12-21-2022, 01:38 PM
dub
Racer

Originally Posted by JBM718GTS

Interesting...my SA has assured me that it will match the deviated stitching color choice. The order even has "Door Grab Handle with Deviated Stitching" coded on it.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:31 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,765 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Originally Posted by dub
Interesting...my SA has assured me that it will match the deviated stitching color choice. The order even has "Door Grab Handle with Deviated Stitching" coded on it.
Door grab handle is different than door pull.

The door pull will be black. The door pull is the strap.

The door grab handle will be black race tex with deviated stitching

The following users liked this post:
dub (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 02:42 PM
dub
Racer

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Door grab handle is different than door pull.

The door pull will be black. The door pull is the strap.

The door grab handle will be black race tex with deviated stitching
Thanks for clarifying.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

A very exciting time for me - officially joining the waiting room after deciding to YOLO the Spyder instead of the GTS. June production with ED. It is going to be a very long wait.

The following 3 users liked this post by Lucifer:
JBM718GTS (12-21-2022), nikuhina (12-22-2022), TripleL (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 11:45 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,358 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Homiebackrubs
Would you happen to know how often Porsche has shipments from Emden to SoCal? Trying to understand why my car was delayed another month. Are there not many shipments to this side of the US?
So for me, my car was actually delivered to Benicia Port up here in NorCal and then transported via closed transport down to LA PEC. Another member on here had his card shipped to Houston and then transported to LA PEC. For whatever reason it seems like we've been getting a lot less deliveries over here on the West Coast. Unsure what the reasoning behind that is, but i can count on one hand the amount of people in this waiting room that are waiting for a car over here.

My car was stuck at Emden for about a month. I had no conflicting parts (Bose, PDLS, PCCB) and no CXX options either. The delay was literally just not a single ship was making is way to California until a month later.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:53 PM
Homiebackrubs
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
So for me, my car was actually delivered to Benicia Port up here in NorCal and then transported via closed transport down to LA PEC. Another member on here had his card shipped to Houston and then transported to LA PEC. For whatever reason it seems like we've been getting a lot less deliveries over here on the West Coast. Unsure what the reasoning behind that is, but i can count on one hand the amount of people in this waiting room that are waiting for a car over here.

My car was stuck at Emden for about a month. I had no conflicting parts (Bose, PDLS, PCCB) and no CXX options either. The delay was literally just not a single ship was making is way to California until a month later.
Thank you for that info. It gives me some insight into the situation. I think it's kinda ridiculous that we aren't getting many shipments here on the West Coast (Orange County, California), we probably purchase a significant percentage of the Porsche's that are sold in the US. So I'm kind of confused as to what is going on with the ships making their way here. Maybe they are all filled to the brim with Cayennes and Micans and no space left for 911s or 718s. Because that is the only car I see at dealerships nowadays. Bone dry of 911s and 718s, just the SUVs. It's pretty annoying TBH.
Old 12-23-2022, 12:01 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,358 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Homiebackrubs
Thank you for that info. It gives me some insight into the situation. I think it's kinda ridiculous that we aren't getting many shipments here on the West Coast (Orange County, California), we probably purchase a significant percentage of the Porsche's that are sold in the US. So I'm kind of confused as to what is going on with the ships making their way here. Maybe they are all filled to the brim with Cayennes and Micans and no space left for 911s or 718s. Because that is the only car I see at dealerships nowadays. Bone dry of 911s and 718s, just the SUVs. It's pretty annoying TBH.
I think its also possible that since the route is significantly longer (have to go through Panama Canal), they generally want to make sure every single car delivered there will be a West Coast car to make the trip worthwhile. So not only are you going to get fewer ships, but they also wont ship out unless the ship is completley full otherwise it could be seen as a waste of money.
Old 12-23-2022, 12:09 AM
Homiebackrubs
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I think its also possible that since the route is significantly longer (have to go through Panama Canal), they generally want to make sure every single car delivered there will be a West Coast car to make the trip worthwhile. So not only are you going to get fewer ships, but they also wont ship out unless the ship is completley full otherwise it could be seen as a waste of money.
This is a very sensible answer. I needed to hear that lol. Thank you. But still frustrating. Hell, I'd fly out to Texas and drive it back if I could get it a month sooner.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...