Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 09:32 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Back to May 20th delivery! What boat leaves Emden on April 15? The SS US Treasury?

Just give me a win tonight, and I will retire from the "wanting things from life" game!
NO win for Duke but u have received a much better win ....Your car!!!!
Old 04-03-2022, 10:09 AM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

When / how does VIN show up in tyd?
I got mine from my SA as I could not see it on TYD even as my car entered production.
However later on, I could get it (and the pics from TYD) by doing this:
Log-on to TYD and acknoledge the popup warning about delays.
From the timeline status page click "Back to my Overview" top left
Then choose "Discover your current Phase"
The VIN then shows up right under where it says "Your 718 Spyder" or "Your 718 GT4" etc
If your car is at Level 3 of 4 (produced) the pictures will show up (eventually) when you scroll down after clicking on the "Discover Current Phase" button
The following users liked this post:
Adrift (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 10:30 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
I got mine from my SA as I could not see it on TYD even as my car entered production.
However later on, I could get it (and the pics from TYD) by doing this:
Log-on to TYD and acknoledge the popup warning about delays.
From the timeline status page click "Back to my Overview" top left
Then choose "Discover your current Phase"
The VIN then shows up right under where it says "Your 718 Spyder" or "Your 718 GT4" etc
If your car is at Level 3 of 4 (produced) the pictures will show up (eventually) when you scroll down after clicking on the "Discover Current Phase" button
Thanks!

I’ll wait for a bit to bug my SA; too many PVMS update requests.

The MyPorsche part of the app still thinks my car is red, was scheduled for production on Jan 5, and is only in phase 2. Incidentally, I think they had advanced my schedule a good bit when I updated my spec in mid Jan (freeze was supposed to be early Feb). I guess they can schedule you for production prior to freeze (?), or maybe they had moved both dates up and I didn’t know it. It’s probably best not to look too closely at how the sausage is made. lol

As for Duke…a very solid game from UNC; it was exciting and back and forth, like good Duke/Carolina games are. The Duke Frosh showed some staggering lack of basic basketball iq at key moments, so they deserved the L. (Never save the basketball going out of bounds under the opponent’s basket. Middle school basketball stuff.) And I despise 1 and Done. Despise it. Just let them go from HS and give college ball back some life / legitimacy. I stopped caring once 1 and Done became predominant.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:29 AM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks!

I’ll wait for a bit to bug my SA; too many PVMS update requests.
When we were kids my parents would only allow us to ask three times on a long road journey, "Are we almost there yet?" We used them like preciuos time-outs in a playoff game.
That said, your SA will likely know by mid to late this week if your car made it on the Gral San Martin -- which the schedule we last saw had it sailing from Emden April 5th-ish. She calls in Houston so just maybe your car makes it. I'd save one time-out for Friday to check in with your SA.
Adrift (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 12:09 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,776 Likes on 972 Posts

I tried to bug my SA as little as possible. I think ultimately it was therapedic because I went periods of weeks not thinking about it every minute. I bugged him a week after everyone got allocations (when I should have gotten one in that batch), a week after it was scheduled to lock (it didn't) and then about 3 weeks before its scheduled delivery date (and it showed up that day, much earlier than expected).

My merc I ordered around the same time I asked once and it was like 3 months late lol. That was more cuz I just wasn't excited about an suv and was of the opinion whenever it shows up, sure.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:52 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

I like the time-out analogy. lol

So, they can find out if it made a ship, and what ship it’s on? They have more than PVMS to query? TYD currently has it reaching Emden on the 8th and leaving port the 15th. Is someone regularly posting ship schedules somewhere on RL?

Last edited by Adrift; 04-03-2022 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:53 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
She's a stunner. Congrats. I'm surprised you didn't configure LWB's with a high option configuration like that. Old guy like me? lol
I'm sorry I don't follow. Please forgive me. I am a noob
Old 04-03-2022, 01:56 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Originally Posted by Todd.Dang3r
Congrats! Our specs are pretty close so I appreciate seeing the Bordeaux interior against the red top. Can’t wait!
Thank you! Bordeaux interior is stunning! Did you get your roof with bordeaux as well? Also, I did the Cxx option to change the interior brushed aluminum-like trim to carbon fiber. You did the same?
Old 04-03-2022, 02:31 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Fractal-Spyder
I'm sorry I don't follow. Please forgive me. I am a noob
He was asking u why u did not get the light weight buckets seats because maybe older people (and some younger ones) find them a pain in the *** to climb in and out of the car(although they look really good)
SpyderSenseOC (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 02:46 PM
Growler48
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
I only have the standard 2 photos of my car in production, but am missing the final "money shot" with the car completed. Anyone else not get all of their pictures? Do our SAs have access to them? I really want that final shot! My car was C8 on March 23rd.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:02 PM
fman15
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Growler48
I only have the standard 2 photos of my car in production, but am missing the final "money shot" with the car completed. Anyone else not get all of their pictures? Do our SAs have access to them? I really want that final shot! My car was C8 on March 23rd.
Took delivery on my GT4 last week. I got the other 2 photos but also never got the "money shot," unfortunately. That one is definitely the one I wanted the most too! It seems like its random and if you don't get it you just don't get it. I do not think SA's have access to anything further.
Growler48 (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 05:26 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Originally Posted by *991*
He was asking u why u did not get the light weight buckets seats because maybe older people (and some younger ones) find them a pain in the *** to climb in and out of the car(although they look really good)
Gotcha!

2 reasons.

1. This is my forever car. Will not sell this.
2. Purpose of the vehicle is to drive on weekends with top down on windng roads (Central VA / Shennandoah Valley / Smokey Mountain areas. Will not be tracking this. Buckets aren't comfortable. Other than the buckets, I really went all out on this. Once the JCR system gets installed w/ M-engineering module tuning, This will be the 'Perfect' car for me.

Last edited by Fractal-Spyder; 04-03-2022 at 05:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fractal-Spyder:
*991* (04-03-2022), SpyderSenseOC (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 05:51 PM
MechEngr1287
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 49 Posts

Well This is exciting for Sure! Havent asked my SA for a PVMS Upate in quite a while but my App went from "Entered Production" on 3/28 to all of a sudden "In Transport to Emden" on 4/1. Still holding at 5/20 delivery. Beyond Stoked! Still shows me at "Stage 2" though scheduled for production. Anxiously awaiting it to update to step 3 so i can see pictures!!!!
Old 04-03-2022, 06:54 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

Take this with a grain of salt. Around the the 4 minute mark he starts talking about a production stop for the GT4. Maybe the model is at its end in Europe with the GT4RS released. This would follow the norm with the introduction of the RS variant it kills off the base GT car. A lot of people are hoping for a MY23 GT4 and IMO it would be unprecedented for a GT car to be in a four year production cycle. My assumption is the BGTS 4.0 and CGTS 4.0 stays in production until the end of the 718. It's one of the reasons I bent over a little bit for a small ADM. Waiting for MSRP might have meant no car. People that have allocations should feel very lucky!

Last edited by Super Stroby; 04-03-2022 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 06:56 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

I thought Porsche has said right along regular gt4 production ended when rs started. Extreme circumstances could lead to altered plans, of course.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...