Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 11:01 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=vrae2009;18039579]
Originally Posted by Mousejunior
Please explain! I zoomed in on mine and, assuming it's actually my car, I have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s mounted...
Yeah mine seems to have Michelins too judging by my Friday March 18 photo update.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:37 PM
Mousejunior
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 51 Posts

[QUOTE=vrae2009;18039579]
Originally Posted by Mousejunior
Please explain! I zoomed in on mine and, assuming it's actually my car, I have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s mounted...
Oh I was just responding to @nicholascanada since ours build around the same time and the tire logo appears to be Pirelli.
The following users liked this post:
vrae2009 (03-20-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 11:38 PM
Mousejunior
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 51 Posts

[QUOTE=Delta-j;18039662]
Originally Posted by vrae2009

Yeah mine seems to have Michelins too judging by my Friday March 18 photo update.

yes yours seems to be Michelins
Old 03-20-2022, 04:51 AM
porsche_dxb
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello - first time poster here but have been stalking these forums for a couple of months now.

I have a 22 CGTS on order and I’m currently at V200 status originally scheduled for March production (who knows if it will actually be built this month). I have a quick question

When I asked my SA for that screenshot from the Porsche system with all the dates and steps, he told me he can only send this once the car enters production. Is that really the case? My understanding is that it’s complete rubbish but I would like to get someone’s input on this. Is there a specific reason why he would not have access to this yet? (And before anyone asks, I definitely have a commission number and I am definitely at V200 status, so I am sure I must have a car). I also asked him again this morning but he’s left me on read. I have no idea why and am a bit concerned.

thanks!
Old 03-20-2022, 06:07 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I am very early in the process having aquired an allocation the end of January for a BGTS. Was waiting 5 months for that. Anyway, my original scheduled build date was June 5 with delivery in late July. It was pushed back a couple of times with delivery in August and now TYD says "Delivery Date Pending" with no actual dates for anything. MY SA says I will definitely get a car and if it goes into the next MY, then I'll get a 2023. Not sure if that's true. I'm in no rush but if I'm not going to a get this BGTS then I want to started looking at other options.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:24 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

My Cayman GTS is in the exact same situation. Was originally a lock of 4/29, production June 5th, July 29th delivery. Now my TYD says “Delivery Date Pending” as of 3/10. My car status went from V200 to V170, which means the allocation is definitely there and I will get a car for sure, but no one can say exactly when until Porsche AG puts dates back in. My guess is there’s something about our original production window that needs to be addressed and your car is V170 also. The dealer is blind at this stage unfortunately, until PAG puts it back to V200.

Hang in there. It’ll be worth it.

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
I am very early in the process having aquired an allocation the end of January for a BGTS. Was waiting 5 months for that. Anyway, my original scheduled build date was June 5 with delivery in late July. It was pushed back a couple of times with delivery in August and now TYD says "Delivery Date Pending" with no actual dates for anything. MY SA says I will definitely get a car and if it goes into the next MY, then I'll get a 2023. Not sure if that's true. I'm in no rush but if I'm not going to a get this BGTS then I want to started looking at other options.

Last edited by TXRubicon; 03-20-2022 at 08:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GrandPaJohn (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 08:39 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,027 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche_dxb
Hello - first time poster here but have been stalking these forums for a couple of months now.

I have a 22 CGTS on order and I’m currently at V200 status originally scheduled for March production (who knows if it will actually be built this month). I have a quick question

When I asked my SA for that screenshot from the Porsche system with all the dates and steps, he told me he can only send this once the car enters production. Is that really the case? My understanding is that it’s complete rubbish but I would like to get someone’s input on this. Is there a specific reason why he would not have access to this yet? (And before anyone asks, I definitely have a commission number and I am definitely at V200 status, so I am sure I must have a car). I also asked him again this morning but he’s left me on read. I have no idea why and am a bit concerned.

thanks!
Unless something changed within Porsche, I call BS.

Here is my conrod car, the day after V200.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:59 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

I got a PVMS report the day my car went V200.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:08 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallCapTrader
Brand new member of the waiting room here! BGTS, April build. Yep, I paid an ADM even though I could have had a July allocation at MSRP. With all the crap going on in the world, I think it was worth it to increase my chances of actually getting a car. I still have some time for changes, but so far I have Aventurine Green, manual, full black leather, black brushed aluminum, satin black wheels, premium package. I wish I had the ***** (and money) to get Python Green lol.
These cars take color very well. Let your inner child shine!
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
SmallCapTrader (03-20-2022), UncleDude (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 10:30 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche_dxb

thanks!
If u are at v200 your dealer should be able to give u a screen shot from the Porsche system. Either he is just to lazy or something else is going on my SA has sent me screen shots at all times of the day or night everytime something changes in TYD or doesnt change he will send me a screen shot to confirm. I hope u get it worked out....Good luck!!
Old 03-20-2022, 10:50 AM
fman15
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by *991*
If u are at v200 your dealer should be able to give u a screen shot from the Porsche system. Either he is just to lazy or something else is going on my SA has sent me screen shots at all times of the day or night everytime something changes in TYD or doesnt change he will send me a screen shot to confirm. I hope u get it worked out....Good luck!!
I’m nearing the end of the process (car just arrived to the dealership) and my SA would not send me a screenshot of PVMS at any point throughout the whole process even though I asked. I think it is SA-dependent unfortunately.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:52 AM
porsche_dxb
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *991*
Originally Posted by Dyim
Unless something changed within Porsche, I call BS.

Here is my conrod car, the day after V200.

Thanks for your help! I finally got the right screenshot, after a few attempts (he first sent others that weren’t very helpful…) Seems like I very recently turned V200, which my SA didn’t bother telling me about so looks like I will have to keep following-up with this guy over the coming months

One more question. At what point in the process am I assigned a VIN? I would like to add the car to the My Porsche app so I can see the production photos. I don’t live in the US so I don’t have access to TYD, relying on my dealer for all of this info.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:54 AM
vrae2009
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

My VIN showed up in My Porsche (Canada, so no TYD) on the day it entered the body shop.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:02 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

I got my vin from my SA about 10 days before it was scheduled to start production so u would have to ask your SA or your vin will be sent to u after your car is produced. Also even with the vin I was not able to add my car to my Porsche app early I am expecting delivery next week or so, but dont know if it will be different for u. Congrats on your car!!
Old 03-20-2022, 08:26 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

Finally some good news: my delivery date was moved again but this time it was moved up by a week. and I'm back in July.
The following 3 users liked this post by MaddMike:
Couchsachraga (03-20-2022), SmallCapTrader (03-21-2022), TriggerHappy (03-20-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...