Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 11:06 AM
vrae2009
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

PWL has kindly provided an updated shipping schedule...
The following users liked this post:
M2DAR2 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 11:15 AM
adsingl
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
Dont be too sure as i was told i am 1st in line when i put in my deposit in Nov and now i am 4th in line. I think being a first time porsche buyer i may keep falling back if some preferred / regular customers place their orders
I have this same feeling. My dealership sells for MSRP at least to locals, but as a first-timer, I view my place as "unless a good customer bumps you" situation. Put in demand order in August, no love so far, supposed to get another update late Feb/early March. Hard part is track season coming up, but I want to sell the M3 as part of down payment (don't have to but is ideal). I wish I could get some confirmed timing for that reason.
Old 02-18-2022, 02:17 PM
sgreer78
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by vrae2009
PWL has kindly provided an updated shipping schedule...
no May trip to Houston scheduled…
Old 02-18-2022, 02:19 PM
vrae2009
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sgreer78
It's a bit early to rely on anything on this doc that's more than 30 days out. The weather today in Emden has messed up the schedule already.
sgreer78 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 02:29 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,642 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by sgreer78
Porsche also uses other carriers besides PWL or at least back in 2020 it was common. Mine came in on the Mediterranean Highway, BISHU HiGHWAY was another.
sgreer78 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 08:06 PM
SafS3
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

After several delays, my car has arrived at the dealership. Just waiting until 1st March to collect it. Popped in to see it for the first time and got some pre-PDI pictures.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:12 PM
SafS3
Track Day

Originally Posted by Growler48
Hi all,
I'm happy to say that I'm now joining the Waiting Room! I just got an allocation for my Boxster GTS yesterday! My configuration locks down on January 25th and the scheduled delivery date is April 8th. This is my first Porsche and I'm so excited! Here is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNCWM671.

If anyone in the Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia area happens to have a car painted in Amethyst Metallic and would be willing to let me see it, please let me know. I've never seen that color in person and the pictures I've seen are either somewhat boring or amazing, depending on the lighting. I can't decide if it's worth the extra cost or not.
I'm not in US but my Amethyst Metallic GT4 g he as arrived in the UK. It's absolutely stunning mate. Hope you like it 👍

The following 4 users liked this post by SafS3:
Adrift (02-18-2022), adsingl (02-23-2022), JBM718GTS (02-19-2022), jimdillard (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 08:34 PM
Lucent
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SafS3
I'm not in US but my Amethyst Metallic GT4 g he as arrived in the UK. It's absolutely stunning mate. Hope you like it 👍
What a color. Brilliant. Love it... Enjoy.
SafS3 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 08:43 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 677 Likes on 339 Posts

After several delays, my car has arrived at the dealership. Just waiting until 1st March to collect it................................
Just curious.... Why the wait till March 1st?

Old 02-18-2022, 09:25 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,265 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by adsingl
I have this same feeling. My dealership sells for MSRP at least to locals, but as a first-timer, I view my place as "unless a good customer bumps you" situation. Put in demand order in August, no love so far, supposed to get another update late Feb/early March. Hard part is track season coming up, but I want to sell the M3 as part of down payment (don't have to but is ideal). I wish I could get some confirmed timing for that reason.

I think it'll largley depend on your area and the dealerships you work with. The dealership i'm working with is the premier dealership in my area and gets more allocations than anyone else (his words), which i'm inclined to believe as he was the only one who said that he would be getting any in. I actually would have gotten one in February however I was the one who wasnt ready (still needed to get some financials in order). That being said he did mention that if someone was willing to pay more ADM than i was willing to pay, i might be bumped back which was to be expected. Now i'm not one to put that much trust in a salesperson, however he did tell me that with the amount of ADM i'm willing to pay, I would be getting one. But who knows. The disbelieving cautious side of me tells me that its just sales BS (which is probably is), but the hopeful side of me tells me i might be putting my order in, within a month. We'll see what happens.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:46 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Beautiful car. That’s going to be a tough two weeks.

After several delays, my car has arrived at the dealership. Just waiting until 1st March to collect it. Popped in to see it for the first time and got some pre-PDI pictures.

SafS3 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 05:12 AM
SafS3
Track Day

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
Just curious.... Why the wait till March 1st?

It's when the 2022 reg plates come out in the UK. I wouldn't normally wait but after waiting this long another 2 weeks won't hurt...he says 😥

😂
981KMAN (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 10:49 AM
Don Fitzpatrick
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by *991*
I was scheduled production today also and build starts 2/18 but I have not seen a vin yet.
Did u get vin emailed to you or u saw it on TYD app ?
My build was supposed to start 2/18, no changes yet showing TYD. Would be shocked if Porsche was able to push ours that quickly for the burn cars. I would be okay pushing for those who lost theirs though.
Adrift (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 01:46 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by md4dna

After a month of ownership, a few thoughts on my new shiny sparkly ’22 CGTS, hoping that it would help folks that are still agonizing over this and that before their lock-in date. I do believe in searching, but I could not find a more appropriate thread to post. Admins, please feel free to move this post to a better place, if necessary.

A little history: This is my first Porsche, I used to drive a Lotus Elise extensively and I had done a little bit of racing in the ‘90s (rally, rallycross, hillclimb, European style). I really wanted a mid-engine with manual, so the only other options for me were Evora and Emira. Since I was not sold on Evora 100% for a number of reasons and Emira was at least 2 years away, I had decided to jump on Cayman.

First, the looks & interior:
- Why Cayman instead of Boxster/Spyder? This is South California and I sunburn like a vampire. I prefer the looks of a hardtop compared to soft top when the top is up. Once you put the top down, that is a different story, but my vampire genes don’t care.
- Why GTS instead of GT4? I think GT4 looks yummier than GTS, period. The main reasons to pick GTS were due to certain creature comforts not being offered in GT4, and possible ground clearance issue with GT4 compared to GTS. It boils down to my search for a daily-ish car and not a track-oriented version. The difference in price has played a role as well.
- Shark blue, with satin platinum wheels. I sort of gambled on the color since I had not seen one alive, pre-order. No regrets at all. I love shades of dark gray and I have owned many cars in that color palette. I wanted something visually loud this time. I also considered pastel orange, but an extra $12K was too rich for my blood. Shark is working for me oh so well.
- GTS interior. I never had a car with alcantara/race-tex, therefore I did not know what to expect. I love the way leather looks and feels to touch, but I am happy that I got race-tex in this car. It grabs my butt like no tomorrow and does not let it go (sounds dirty, I’m aware). I used to slide on leather seats when I was having apex-based fun in my Elise. No more unwanted movement in Cayman, which makes a huge difference when I get kinky, still under the speed limit. I opted to have steering wheel and gear shifter in leather. I have 2-way seats and they are perfect for my body (5’11”, 150 pounds, eye-wateringly handsome). I also love the leather on dash, chalk stitching, having actual buttons and dials (wife has a Tesla M3, not a fan), Apple carplay and blind spot thingy. I love being able to see oil temp and pressure, water temp and battery voltage real-time like good ol’ days. I wish it had a mechanical (?) parking brake instead of a button. Bose is good enough, but I may try to improve it a little bit later. Happy to have Entry & Drive. Happier to have folding mirrors, cause my better half sometimes loses control of her purse in the garage. Power steering plus is meh...

The drive:
Holy crap. I seriously doubt I will ever have the skill level to drive it even close to its limits.
- I think the car has way more power and torque then needed for non-track use, at least for me. I could not be able to squeeze out what GT4 would have given me as an extra.
- Handling-wise, my ex-Elise was phenomenal. Cayman has very similar characteristics (being mid-engine blah blah), but more refined. Elise has a sharper steering feel. At the end of the day, I think Cayman still does everything better than Elise, except you cannot hide the weight difference between both of them. 3,200 pounds vs 2,000 pounds. If you ever have driven a feather weight sports car, you very well know what I mean.
- Manual gearbox; loving it. Overall feel is much better than Elise. Long ratio is not bothering me so far. Clutch weight is spot-on. Shifting gears is a very satisfying event, except the rear gear. I expect it to be loosen up over time. I love, love, love the auto blip.
- Exhaust note; I am surprised that I actually like it. It is loud enough for me at the moment, however I just ordered a valve controller because that on-off valve thingy in lower rpms is bugging the crap out of me. I sense that I will start looking for exhaust options in the future, but not too soon.

Extras:
- I had PPF (front bumper, hood, fenders, rocker panels, mirrors, wing and “heavy impact” areas on rear bumper), ceramic (wheels and calipers included) and very mild tint done. Overall cost was around $5K, in my humble totally worth it to protect a $100K+ MSRP car.
- RGS front and side grills: They were the only items I purchased before receiving the car. Love them. They look great, very OEM-like. They were installed by the company that did the PPF, so it was not a hard job to put them on since they took the bumper off anyway.
- AWE wind diffusers: They do help with the bup-bup-bup, but not a 100% cure. Happy to have them, though.
- Clear side markers: Well, duh...
- Frunk liner from Suncoast: For a peace of mind, since I plan to use the frunk mainly. Perishables in the trunk is a bad idea in a mid-engine car, lived and learned in Elise.
- Valve stem caps: Cannot believe I suckered myself into spending 50 bucks for them. Keeping them as a reminder to make better decisions in life.
- Lego shark suit man keychain: Cause I am a child.

Long story short, I feel super lucky that I was able to secure an allocation and get this car. It is all I have wished for and more. I am not thinking about which car to purchase next, and my dear friends this, has never happened before in my life. Carry on.
Nice review! On your comment on the Power steering plus. It’s a software feature so can be “undone”
Old 02-19-2022, 08:11 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Fitzpatrick
My build was supposed to start 2/18, no changes yet showing TYD. Would be shocked if Porsche was able to push ours that quickly for the burn cars. I would be okay pushing for those who lost theirs though.
No movement on TYD on my build either supposed to start 2/18 just shows 0 days left. The way I understand it Porsche will not schedule the cars unless they have all the parts to build but as far as the cars that were on Felicity Ace I dont know how or if that will affect cars already scheduled. Also all the steps on TYD start on Fridays so I dont know if that means Builds start the next week after the date or what? Does anyone know???
I have a vin and it seems like time has slowed down to a crawl ugh!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...