Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Shark Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 08:15 PM
lilbza
Pro

Received 554 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Yes -
What I really wanted was the gold wheels with red calipers and blue body but that would have been too much WRX STI RACE BOY even for my taste
Then it was super close between the other three, and the silvers are free so they won

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PPGDZQ93
Honestly I think I lost sleep on choosing wheel colour, that was the hardest option for me. Flipped back and forth on black and silver, day before final lock, landed on silver.

Car arrives in a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll find out then if I like it or not.

This guy on IG was my inspiration for silver in the end.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:27 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbza
Honestly I think I lost sleep on choosing wheel colour, that was the hardest option for me. Flipped back and forth on black and silver, day before final lock, landed on silver.

Car arrives in a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll find out then if I like it or not.

This guy on IG was my inspiration for silver in the end.

It looks awesome! My only concern is, how visible the brake dust will be.
But there really isn't any risk here, because for slightly more than what Porsche charges for a different color you get a completely new set that would also be lighter, you can then sell your OEM for some extra $$$.
The following users liked this post:
lilbza (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 08:37 PM
lilbza
Pro

It looks awesome! My only concern is, how visible the brake dust will be.
But there really isn't any risk here, because for slightly more than what Porsche charges for a different color you get a completely new set that would also be lighter, you can then sell your OEM for some extra $$$.
I think brake dust will be a non issue for me. Car will only be driven on weekends, and I work a roster where I work 2 weekends of every month, so I'll be lucky to get it out a couple of times a month. I would say I have mild OCD and will probably wash the car after each weekend I do get it out, so if I'm washing the car twice a month, I'm doing the wheels then anyway.

Yeah I'm keen on some Apex wheels, but I don't think I'd sell the OEM wheels, purely for car resale purposes down the track.

Old 04-23-2023, 01:25 AM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 238 Posts

I think brake dust will be a non issue for me. Car will only be driven on weekends, and I work a roster where I work 2 weekends of every month, so I'll be lucky to get it out a couple of times a month. I would say I have mild OCD and will probably wash the car after each weekend I do get it out, so if I'm washing the car twice a month, I'm doing the wheels then anyway.

Yeah I'm keen on some Apex wheels, but I don't think I'd sell the OEM wheels, purely for car resale purposes down the track.
Apex wheels are a fantastic upgrade over the OEM wheels and are a bargain when compared to many others out there. I went with black OE wheels, but silver rocks as well! Looking forward to seeing pictures when the car lands
lilbza (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 01:38 AM
lilbza
Pro

Originally Posted by BabyNSX
Apex wheels are a fantastic upgrade over the OEM wheels and are a bargain when compared to many others out there. I went with black OE wheels, but silver rocks as well! Looking forward to seeing pictures when the car lands
Honestly it's the pics of your car that has me keen on them. I like the look of the brushed clear finish, but with silver OEM wheels, I think I'd go anthracite to mix it up, and I know the colour works well based on your pics. I really love the look of the SM-10RS, but they look to only come in 19inch at the moment, so the VS-5RS would be my next pick.
BabyNSX (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 11:16 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Shark vs Voodoo...lifted from the 992 GT3 forum.

Enjoy!

Feel sorry for all the PTS Voodoo Blue owners always explaining “No this is Voodoo...not Shark”

I had this exact interaction last Sunday at a C&C and the guy seemed pissed when I asked if his GT3 was Shark. No, Voodoo, he said, in a not-so-happy tone.
BabyNSX (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 02:53 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
I had this exact interaction last Sunday at a C&C and the guy seemed pissed when I asked if his GT3 was Shark. No, Voodoo, he said, in a not-so-happy tone.
Lmao

Honestly PTS for some colors is just a rip off
Old 04-23-2023, 03:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
To be clear voodoo was a pts color long before shark was even announced... So it's not a case of a poor choice on behalf of the owner more an issue of Porsche not curating their color palette to maintain some exclusivity of pts colors...

Arrow blau is also very close to shark...
Old 04-23-2023, 05:22 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,655 Likes on 2,711 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
To be clear voodoo was a pts color long before shark was even announced... So it's not a case of a poor choice on behalf of the owner more an issue of Porsche not curating their color palette to maintain some exclusivity of pts colors...

I don't think anyone would call it a poor choice, you want a colour you order it, sometimes it is more expensive sometimes not... As for Porsche curating the colour palette, I don't think they are losing any sleep on this given the number of buyers that step up to PTS on an ongoing basis, and the thought a PTS colour is in any way exclusive went away the minute Porsche saw the revenue stream from it.
Old 04-23-2023, 05:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I don't think anyone would call it a poor choice, you want a colour you order it, sometimes it is more expensive sometimes not... As for Porsche curating the colour palette, I don't think they are losing any sleep on this given the number of buyers that step up to PTS on an ongoing basis, and the thought a PTS colour is in any way exclusive went away the minute Porsche saw the revenue stream from it.
Old 04-23-2023, 05:53 PM
lilbza
Pro

And yet people are still spending PTS money for Voodoo blue since shark blue came along. I've seen a couple of Voodoo blue GT4RS's.... Now that is a waste of money IMO.
Old 04-23-2023, 06:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

And yet people are still spending PTS money for Voodoo blue since shark blue came along. I've seen a couple of Voodoo blue GT4RS's.... Now that is a waste of money IMO.
I agree! but for the 991.2 owners (like myself) it made sense since it was a "unique" color back in '18-19' ... I certainly would not order a car now in either voodoo or arrow given the existence of shark ... I'm quite happy (now) that my dealer f**ked up my Arrow Blau Spyder PTS order back in '20 ...
lilbza (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 07:42 PM
lilbza
Pro

I agree! but for the 991.2 owners (like myself) it made sense since it was a "unique" color back in '18-19' ... I certainly would not order a car now in either voodoo or arrow given the existence of shark ... I'm quite happy (now) that my dealer f**ked up my Arrow Blau Spyder PTS order back in '20 ...
Absolutely, cant fault anyone that paid for a PTS colour prior to a similar colour being made available in the special colour range.

I wish they'd make a nice metallic British racing Green available as a special colour, but I can't see that happening
Old 04-23-2023, 07:45 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Absolutely, cant fault anyone that paid for a PTS colour prior to a similar colour being made available in the special colour range.

I wish they'd make a nice metallic British racing Green available as a special colour, but I can't see that happening
I want Mini's British green, or Mini's Caribbean Aqua Metallic
Old 04-23-2023, 08:34 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,655 Likes on 2,711 Posts

I want Mini's British green, or Mini's Caribbean Aqua Metallic
Careful, a wish like that might cost you your soul...

Oh crap, I just noticed your name!

The following 6 users liked this post by Westcoast:
6IXSPD (04-24-2023), BabyNSX (04-23-2023), flynlo (04-24-2023), Lucifer (04-23-2023), UncleDude (04-23-2023), Unstock (04-23-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: The Official Shark Blue Color Thread