Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Shark Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 09:50 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Runner
My SB Spyder is also sitting at Emden waiting for ship to Houston. We may be on the same ship so I will be following this.
Here's the VW AG shipping schedule I got from a member of the 718 forum.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
VW AG Shipping Schedule.pdf (48.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-28-2022, 09:59 PM
JDWight
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DreiPedals
Excited to join the SB family, locked in my spec just an hour or so ago. Car should be here and ready to drive around mid-October. $126,620 no PCCBs available to add, and ended up canning the LWB seats.

I hadn't planned on selling my current sport/fun car but it looks like she'll be gone before the 718 arrives. So, I didn't need any reason to avoid driving this car as much as I can, therefore 18-ways were chosen. Hate the cheap looking silver backs on them, so leather seatbacks it is. Now, if only we could still add the yellow stitched leather for same price as the silver stitch, I'd have no misgivings at all. I'll be fine with the silver, I'm sure, but it was a choice I wanted to at least be able to make, not have made for me. Oh well!
Curious about the PCCBs. I have a late-July build (locks in 9 days) and September delivery, and it's been V200 with PCCBs since it's inception, which was maybe 6-8 weeks ago. No blow-back on PCCBs but keep hearing others not able to get them or told not available at some point in the process. Wondering if you were ever told before lock date that you probably wouldn't get them or if you were told after lock date, and how you were told (I've heard some got a letter in the mail). Thanks in advance.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:59 PM
thejholmes
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Awaiting PPF
​​​​​​

The following 2 users liked this post by thejholmes:
Flexipino (06-29-2022), JBM718GTS (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 11:00 PM
popcornten
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you do PEC LA pickup sometime in November?

Originally Posted by LnC993
Great photos!

Are you in Irvine? I'm in Irvine too, now I going to keep my eye out for another SB GT4.

Old 06-29-2022, 12:45 AM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by popcornten
Did you do PEC LA pickup sometime in November?
No I didn’t.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:54 AM
popcornten
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

No I didn’t.
Ah ok, ran across these cars at PEC LA last November and looks like just your spec. Add LEDs and you get my car. I had messaged you recently asking about the production photo!

The following users liked this post:
Dan Nagy (07-01-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 02:40 PM
dsomegax
AutoX

Received 36 Likes on 7 Posts

Great photos!

Are you in Irvine? I'm in Irvine too, now I going to keep my eye out for another SB GT4.
Yeah I actually live close to the Great Park!
Old 06-29-2022, 04:50 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by jimdillard
My Spyder arrived at Emden today. The POE will be Houston. Does anybody have the VW AG shipping schedule out of Emden showing the next month or so?

Thanks.
Y’all might get better info on stuff like this in the “waiting room” thread as it is not color specific…
Old 06-30-2022, 01:07 AM
DreiPedals
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JDWight
Curious about the PCCBs. I have a late-July build (locks in 9 days) and September delivery, and it's been V200 with PCCBs since it's inception, which was maybe 6-8 weeks ago. No blow-back on PCCBs but keep hearing others not able to get them or told not available at some point in the process. Wondering if you were ever told before lock date that you probably wouldn't get them or if you were told after lock date, and how you were told (I've heard some got a letter in the mail). Thanks in advance.
So, I really can't answer that. I had yellow stitching in my spec/V070 status, I believe for quite some time. About 3 weeks ago, I drastically changed the configuration and took it off. Then, while at my dealership this past Saturday I inquired on adding it back and mentioned hearing this rumor to be told that they couldn't be added for my build slot or window or whatever it is - The allocation.

I asked on CCBs on the same visit and was told that they expect some update around Sept on availability but doesn't mean they'll be available at that time.

My salesman, who came as a high recommendation from a multi-GT buyer, has been really straight up with me through the whole process, I've no reason to doubt what he's told me so far.

Last edited by DreiPedals; 06-30-2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:46 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,848 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by DreiPedals
So, I really can't answer that. I had yellow stitching in my spec/V070 status, I believe for quite some time. About 3 weeks ago, I drastically changed the configuration and took it off. Then, while at my dealership this past Saturday I inquired on adding it back and mentioned hearing this rumor to be told that they couldn't be added for my build slot or window or whatever it is - The allocation.

I asked on CCBs on the same visit and was told that they expect some update around Sept on availability but doesn't mean they'll be available at that time.

My salesman, who came as a high recommendation from a multi-GT buyer, has been really straight up with me through the whole process, I've no reason to doubt what he's told me so far.
Mine is scheduled to start production tomorrow. PCCBs are still showing on it...

Thankfully, my stitching is blue.

Last edited by MaddMike; 06-30-2022 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:20 AM
OakenGoby
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Is anyone aware of a Shark Blue Spyder over Classic Interior? I've seen a few with Gentian Blue and, of course, GT Silver. I understand it wouldn't be for everyone. Here are a couple configurator pictures.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:09 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,848 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by OakenGoby
Is anyone aware of a Shark Blue Spyder over Classic Interior? I've seen a few with Gentian Blue and, of course, GT Silver. I understand it wouldn't be for everyone. Here are a couple configurator pictures.

There was one for sale on Facebook and frankly, it looked terrible.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:19 PM
OakenGoby
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
There was one for sale on Facebook and frankly, it looked terrible.
Link? It works quite well with Oslo Blue and Gentian Blue.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:02 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Link? It works quite well with Oslo Blue and Gentian Blue.
I think it works with GB because it is a darker color and gives it contrast. I personally don’t believe it works with OB but I have not seen it. But if it does, I think it is because it is a more muted color…much like chalk or even silver or white. But SB is neither dark nor muted. It is a fairly bright color so it would be highly contrasting. Much like Yellow…..it does not work well there either. But in the end….if you like it that is all that matters. But I hope you plan to keep it forever because I don’t think most people would.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 01:24 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,461 Likes on 2,236 Posts

Too much for the eye IMO. The blue is intense and so is the interior, together is they add up to everything "shouting" at your eyeball. I'd go one or the other, and I recently saw in the flesh a spyder in GT silver with that interior package and it is very compelling. GT silver looks so much better in person than pics.

Quick Reply: The Official Shark Blue Color Thread