Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

BC Fabrications Exhaust finally arrived in US!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2021 | 10:00 AM
DocMo
Racer

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
what are you looking for? Id like to take a stab at a recommendation
same here. let us know what you really want.
I’ve gone through many different set ups.
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:01 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

For what it is worth I have listened to most everything out there and based on past experience I am going with Soul on my Spyder: Street Headers with 200 cell high flow cats, over the axle OPF delete pipes and valve controller, which when installed so it will be controlled via the PSE console switch. This will give the car a deeper option that is not too loud but will roar at the higher RPMs, with the ability to push a switch and calm it down. I am not a big fan of the higher-pitched options but for those that are there appear to be many more options.
The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:03 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

what are you looking for? Id like to take a stab at a recommendation
Thanks...well, I'm a track rat and do multiple track days per month but I also like to use the car around town.
Maximizing power and reasonable sound levels are the main goals....don't care about material, etc.
So what's reasonable? My reference is my previous 981 GT4....Cargraphics Race Headers, TPC GT3 muffler conversion without valves run cup style using only the lower chamber...no PSE
It was loud but into if you get into it and in the upper rev range. The sound was glorious...very close to GT3
I tried on the 718 with same headers and the Soul Race resonated system...awful sound (deep, boomy and full raspy in the upper range) and stupid loud at any revs....took off headers the next day.

Was hoping the BC would be more civilized with PSE Off as I really like the design but those videos are quite similar to the setup I just tried...so not going into that while dropping $15K.
I don't mind taking PSE off the car but it has to be like my 981..you do have drone but as you build the revs it's bearable...
I think the Kline could be an option with my Race Headers but would like to know their performance numbers just for the exhaust system (not the header, don't like their design).
Another option is to sell my Race Headers and get Sport headers...I'm hesitant to this as the last set of Sport header with cats I had the HJS cats self destroyed.
JCR? Well.....their system would also work with my headers but not so sure the sound will be a bit better and could live with it.

Last edited by jmartpr; 04-08-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:17 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Thanks...well, I'm a track rat and do multiple track days per month but I also like to use the car around town.
Maximizing power and reasonable sound levels are the main goals....don't care about material, etc.
So what's reasonable? My reference is my previous 918 GT4....Cargraphics Race Headers, TPC GT3 muffler conversion without valves run cup style using only the lower chamber...no PSE
It was loud but into if you get into it and in the upper rev range. The sound was glorious...very close to GT3
I tried on the 718 with same headers and the Soul Race resonated system...awful sound (deep, boomy and full raspy in the upper range) and stupid loud at any revs....took off headers the next day.

Was hoping the BC would be more civilized with PSE Off as I really like the design but those videos are quite similar to the setup I just tried...so not going into that while dropping $15K.
I don't mind taking PSE off the car but it has to be like my 981..you do have drone but as you build the revs it's bearable...
I think the Kline could be an option with my Race Headers but would like to know their performance numbers just for the exhaust system (not the header, don't like their design).
Another option is to sell my Race Headers and get Sport headers...I'm hesitant to this as the last set of Sport header with cats I had the HJS cats self destroyed.
JCR? Well.....their system would also work with my headers but not so sure the sound will be a bit better and could live with it.
so whats on the car now?
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:21 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

so whats on the car now?
Soul Race System with Resonators...it's good with drone between 2000 and 2800 rpms...I can live with that.
It produces a nice power bump (proven on dyno).
I'm not crazy about the sound but it it stay the same and I can gain a bit more power with headers then I'll leave it.
I would prefer a higher pitch sound as the revs build up.
Maybe I'm asking too much....
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:29 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Option 1. For sound: If you already have cargraphic race headers then do the full kline rear and a valve controller (its a must IMO). It will have a dr jekyl/mr hyde quality. The kline stuff doesnt make alot of power tho. The pipes are pretty narrow and it has 3 silencers. Soul will also work but it needs a valve controller too and the kline will drone less valves open due to 3 muffler design

Option 2. For power: get street headers that place cats in the back and keep the stock muffler. I just tried this and there is 0.0 drone. ZERO POINT ZERO. You can hear the engine at all rev ranges and its NASTY when the valves open. Im gonna post clips next couple days. The main drawback here is it doesnt have the high pitch. But it makes big power and you can drive to church if you want, or floor it and wake up dead people. Pse on is 120 dB. I dont know how loud the dundon headers or JCeeR is, but i think the BC headers may be louder than at least the dundon. I havent been able to do pulls yet the DA is 2-3000. I think i am going to roll with this setup until the gt3 comes to be honest. Best compromise for me and super easy to live with the car.

Option 3. Get a silenced opf delete and whatever brand you want. But this will next you the same thing as kline
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:34 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
For what it is worth I have listened to most everything out there and based on past experience I am going with Soul on my Spyder: Street Headers with 200 cell high flow cats, over the axle OPF delete pipes and valve controller, which when installed so it will be controlled via the PSE console switch. This will give the car a deeper option that is not too loud but will roar at the higher RPMs, with the ability to push a switch and calm it down. I am not a big fan of the higher-pitched options but for those that are there appear to be many more options.
you havent heard any of the ones in this thread. I made alot of assumptions too and this car is weird. It will throw some curve ***** at you. The engine intake manifolds have vacuum valves that open with the pse that ring like a bell. There is no crossover path and the opf cans amplify drone. Plus its a big *** high revving 4.0 NA sitting right behind your head with no sound deadening and a fake sound pipe which is also vacuum valve operated. Maybe a little more complex than the corvette or the 991.2. Also putting the top down doesnt get rid of drone. So you are living with any mistakes you make

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-08-2021 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:39 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Option 1. For sound: If you already have cargraphic race headers then do the full kline rear and a valve controller (its a must IMO). It will have a dr jekyl/mr hyde quality. The kline stuff doesnt make alot of power tho. The pipes are pretty narrow and it has 3 silencers. Soul will also work but it needs a valve controller too and the kline will drone less valves open due to 3 muffler design

Option 2. For power: get street headers that place cats in the back and keep the stock muffler. I just tried this and there is 0.0 drone. ZERO POINT ZERO. You can hear the engine at all rev ranges and its NASTY when the valves open. Im gonna post clips next couple days. The main drawback here is it doesnt have the high pitch. But it makes big power and you can drive to church if you want, or floor it and wake up dead people. Pse on is 120 dB. I dont know how loud the dundon headers or JCeeR is, but i think the BC headers may be louder than at least the dundon. I havent been able to do pulls yet the DA is 2-3000. I think i am going to roll with this setup until the gt3 comes to be honest. Best compromise for me and super easy to live with the car.

Option 3. Get a silenced opf delete and whatever brand you want. But this will next you the same thing as kline

Thanks...I also think option #4 would be to get a good set of Sport Headers. If they cut the Race headers sound and I land in the middle of what I have now and the Race headers then I could deal with that and keep the Soul setup.
Option #2 is a good one.....I could get the Dundon setup without the rear Crack Pretzel section of course.
The new JCR lightweight race versions are interesting...they do have one with cats and rear mufflers/resonators.
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:44 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Thanks...I also think option #4 would be to get a good set of Sport Headers. If they cut the Race headers sound and I land in the middle of what I have now and the Race headers then I could deal with that and keep the Soul setup.
Option #2 is a good one.....I could get the Dundon setup without the rear Crack Pretzel section of course.
The new JCR lightweight race versions are interesting...they do have one with cats and rear mufflers/resonators.
option 4 will cretainly be the cheapest. And it sound like you are drone tolerant.
I think the full BC power pack is a huge improvement to what you already have in the low rpm range and it sounds like a lambo up top. and the drone is literally nothing compared to what u already have. So theres that also
Dundon makes good **** you cant go wrong. But dont disregard the BC fabs headers. Its roughly the same price and they are ceramic coated and heat shielded. They are also under the axle and they sound insane with the stock muffler. I got one startup clip... ill post it up.

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-08-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2021 | 10:50 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

I was bored so swapped out center box for stock

View this post on Instagram
Old 04-08-2021 | 11:23 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

I was bored so swapped out center box for stock

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNaD972F...=10nrikl46hpxf

Thanks for the video...I think my best option right now is any combo of headers without cats and overaxle pipes with or without cats but keeping the stock muffler......
Old 04-08-2021 | 11:24 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the video...I think my best option right now is any combo of headers without cats and overaxle pipes with or without cats but keeping the stock muffler......
honestly for long term this is the best route.
Old 04-08-2021 | 11:27 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

honestly for long term this is the best route.

Yeah...just spoke with John & Wray at BGB and we arrived at the same conclusion.
Thanks a lot for all the help with this...I think I now have a clear path to what I will do.
Old 04-08-2021 | 11:40 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Yeah...just spoke with John & Wray at BGB and we arrived at the same conclusion.
Thanks a lot for all the help with this...I think I now have a clear path to what I will do.
glad to help chief. Keep us posted on the final plan
Old 04-09-2021 | 08:58 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Final iteration. Street headers and stock muffler This is super daily friendly pse off. When you hit that pse button and rev it out its still bad ***. There doesnt appear to be any turbulence in this system. Surprising actually. Doesnt have the exotic tone of the x pipe with the stock muffler, but the tradeoff is stealth and gobs of power. Full video and dragys coming soon with this setup. I feel like most people in the US will go this route unless they live in more remote areas of have a huge property.

View this post on Instagram

Quick Reply: BC Fabrications Exhaust finally arrived in US!