Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

BC Fabrications Exhaust finally arrived in US!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 02:59 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,477 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Ok here you go...
718 Spyder BC Fabs Power Pack
https://youtu.be/2uF92nTaC_k

I can imagine that in real life the sound is even better.....sounds awesome but not obnoxious...is that with PSE off?
Old 04-07-2021, 03:12 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 188 Posts

Rennolazine,

That does sound nice. Not obnoxious, but raw and powerful.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:32 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

I was there yesterday with my wife while you took Stu and Brian out for rides. I have one of the last '21s on order... July delivery.

This full setup - the car is, uh, VERY, loud. I'll say that at full bore... it's got a very exotic sound to it. Almost reminded me more of a Ferrari/Lambo w/aftermarket exhaust sound. I thought my current 987.2 w/Fabspeed race headers and PSE was loud with the valves open. This car is a whole other level.

I took a quick video... lemme upload them somewhere and I can post here.

Video: https://rumble.com/vfgof7-718-spyder-wexhaust.html

Last edited by daaa nope; 04-07-2021 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:48 PM
Kevin in Scottsdale
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 9 Posts

Rennolazine, that sounds crazy! I really like the tone but not the volume for the spyder. You drove the car a little bit with just the back muffler replacement. Would you recommend the BCFabs rear muffler for a nice exotic sound that's not too loud?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2021, 08:27 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Did you do the header installation yourself? I ask because most of the equal length headers out there run the tubes blocking access to the studs....a real PITA to to get to some of the nuts.
The BC one design looks different..it goes down and then have the turns...also the equal length design is toward the middle not the front.
I really like the whole package....wish I was close to hear it person.
dealer installed the headers. Im not man enough to try

The Kline in Inconel is another option for me....with that one I probably can use my Cargraphics race headers as it has some kind of resonator on the OAP + a muffler in the rear section. But as you mentioned you do need a valve controller.
I'll bet the BC also produces slightly better power output plus it's lighter....
Full kline with valves disconnected is easily 50% quieter than this. Its on another level of volume.

I can imagine that in real life the sound is even better.....sounds awesome but not obnoxious...is that with PSE off?
this is pse off

Originally Posted by daaa nope
I was there yesterday with my wife while you took Stu and Brian out for rides. I have one of the last '21s on order... July delivery.

This full setup - the car is, uh, VERY, loud. I'll say that at full bore... it's got a very exotic sound to it. Almost reminded me more of a Ferrari/Lambo w/aftermarket exhaust sound. I thought my current 987.2 w/Fabspeed race headers and PSE was loud with the valves open. This car is a whole other level.

yeah if you hear it in person you cant tell how it screams unless u film it from literally a mile away lol

Originally Posted by Kevin in Scottsdale
Rennolazine, that sounds crazy! I really like the tone but not the volume for the spyder. You drove the car a little bit with just the back muffler replacement. Would you recommend the BCFabs rear muffler for a nice exotic sound that's not too loud?

Thanks
If i had to pick just the inconel pipe I would be a happy camper. Its actually makes power too. The sounds is great and very civilized. It just never gets nasty loud and the headers feel a bit torquier down low. I will also post footage of the headers/mid pipes with the stock muffler because it only takes a couple hours for me to swap it out.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:36 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Oooohhh....that's a bit too loud, at least for me.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Oooohhh....that's a bit too loud, at least for me.
yeah the full system is no joke. If you live in a city i would recommend either the inco pipe or the headers but noth both
Old 04-07-2021, 09:23 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 673 Posts

dealer installed the headers. Im not man enough to try
But man enough to drive around in a Saturn V rocket!
The following users liked this post:
Rennolazine (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michael Cowley
Not trying to hijack OP’s thread but I’ve attached a video of drive by at higher revs/hitting limiter so you have an idea of the system sound. It’s around 5/6-8k then bounces off the limiter before gear change. Got to agree, the @BCFABS system sounds nuts when pushing on... Video isn’t greatest quality but you get the idea.
yep sounds mega
Old 04-07-2021, 10:33 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 787 Posts

Yaaaaas Pete YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 11:05 PM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Ok here you go...
718 Spyder BC Fabs Power Pack
https://youtu.be/2uF92nTaC_k
How does the in person tone of the cattwd full Kline system compare to the BC full system? I know this won't be a popular opinion, but the BC sounds a bit Japan 4cyl, coffee can like in video to me. Super loud, but without flat 6 character. The Kline sounds deeper, more muscular, not quite as loud, but also a bit more refined.

If I understand right, the BC does a great job of smoothing out the transition between valves open and closed, but the high rpm sound doesn't sound right through my speakers. Maybe it is just the audio representation I getting through my speakers.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:20 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by horns
How does the in person tone of the cattwd full Kline system compare to the BC full system? I know this won't be a popular opinion, but the BC sounds a bit Japan 4cyl, coffee can like in video to me. Super loud, but without flat 6 character. The Kline sounds deeper, more muscular, not quite as loud, but also a bit more refined.

If I understand right, the BC does a great job of smoothing out the transition between valves open and closed, but the high rpm sound doesn't sound right through my speakers. Maybe it is just the audio representation I getting through my speakers.
Thats because the full BC power pack is braking the microphones lol...the kline is definitely quieter even with the valves locked fully open and bmc filters. And youre right it has a higher pitch and less muscle. The biggest drawback to the kline in my opinion is the transition from valves closed to open. The way k nut has it set up is super nice. Like you said it wont wake up dead people but it still hits 120 dB or so with the full system at redline.
Speakers dont accurately represent the sound if it sounds like coffee cans and 4 cylinders. But i do get v8 harnonics through the split paths, which actually makes it sound kind of bad ***. However if you like the kline, get the kline. I would just highly recommend to get a valve controller which isnt a big deal. On the flipside the bc rear pipe is super nice if youre looking for a more smooth flat6 sound and pse functionality. In person over 4k it sounds like an RS with added bass.

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-08-2021 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:38 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 102 Posts

I was in the passenger seat for this video. Can confirm it’s stupid loud. Lol.

Reminded me of my friends Aventador SV Roadster.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:49 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Evo X
I was in the passenger seat for this video. Can confirm it’s stupid loud. Lol.

Reminded me of my friends Aventador SV Roadster.

If it's stupid loud with PSE OFF then this for me is a No-Go......will keep researching into exhausts but running out of options, at least for now.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:50 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

If it's stupid loud with PSE OFF then this for me is a No-Go......will keep researching into exhausts but running out of options, at least for now.
what are you looking for? Id like to take a stab at a recommendation

Quick Reply: BC Fabrications Exhaust finally arrived in US!