Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 04:28 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,433 Likes on 2,226 Posts

How long will you wait? My understanding is that they can trade allocations amongst themselves.

When I got on the list for my GTS allocation, and placed a deposit, they said they’d give me the first one. After a few weeks, I mentioned to the SA that I might get on a few other dealer lists for allocations to ensure I get the car when (roughly) I want it.

He was offended, and said he worked 100% on commission and that if I didn’t value his service (I did) then we should just cancel the order. I felt a bit bad about that, honestly, and figured I should’ve just kept it to myself. We chatted about it, and I told him there was no need to cancel etc., and that I’d prefer to buy the car from him (which was all true).

A week later they secured the allocation. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, car is due to arrive in April. I know a GTS is not a GT car, but they seem to be equally popular at the moment. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I’d waited 2-3 months and they still didn’t acquire the allocation.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:31 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
How long will you wait? My understanding is that they can trade allocations amongst themselves.

When I got on the list for my GTS allocation, and placed a deposit, they said they’d give me the first one. After a few weeks, I mentioned to the SA that I might get on a few other dealer lists for allocations to ensure I get the car when (roughly) I want it.

He was offended, and said he worked 100% on commission and that if I didn’t value his service (I did) then we should just cancel the order. I felt a bit bad about that, honestly, and figured I should’ve just kept it to myself. We chatted about it, and I told him there was no need to cancel etc., and that I’d prefer to buy the car from him (which was all true).

A week later they secured the allocation. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, car is due to arrive in April. I know a GTS is not a GT car, but they seem to be equally popular at the moment. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I’d waited 2-3 months and they still didn’t acquire the allocation.
UncleDude,

How long will you wait?
Okay speaking of just how long I''ll wait ^^^
As long as it takes is the most straight-forward reply.

However, I/We (Married Guy of Plus 37-years) want to put as much cash on the GT4 as we possibly can when the time comes to take delivery.
No we are not part of the Rich & Famous clique.
So, based on what I just said ^^^ the more months this takes to us doesn't really matter.
I definitely want the GT4 no doubt about that ............
But, I don't have to have it immediately and if Porsche does extend the GT4 builds into the Model year 2022 ???
I wouldn't mind at all getting that model year.
I'll be 76-years old come June 2021 and having done this sort of thing since the Mid 60's this is not any New-Game for this old fellow.
I have taught myself as I have aged to calm my Wild-*** down as when younger like most Young-Wild-Guys I wanted instant gratification.
And that's the way I chose to operate for a great Many-many years but fortunately time has gone by and fortunately I'm still above ground and a heck of a lot calmer.

This guys will more than likely be as some say, My-Last-Rodeo with ordering or owning a Sports car.
I'm so looking forward to it and hopefully my health will continue to hold on so I can enjoy it once it arrives.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-10-2021 at 03:35 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Jeff Jones (01-10-2021), msile (01-11-2021), UncleDude (01-10-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 01:29 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb I/We just made two New-Changes to the GT4 order see below ...

Sunday
January 17th 2021

Yesterday evening late we both agreed on a few changes I wanted to make to the GT4 original order.
Cathy took a look at the two changes and liked what I wanted to add to the original order.
(Note* I did edit my 1st post to include these additions)

Since like many on here I am simply waiting for our Porsche Dealers to get additional Allocations.
I have been considering/thinking about a couple of things I have considered wanting ???
Finally, and I do mean finally I made the decision to add those two additional items to the original order.
I pulled those two items up for Cathy to check-out and she said since we are already committing $122K it makes sense to add those two items no more than they cost.
So, guys I went in and did my thing and then forwarded the New Configurator Code PMB2H874 to Cody Bender G/M at "Porsche of Nashville".

Below are the two additional items guys if your interested.

(1) Storage Compartment Lid in Race-Tex with "PORSCHE" Logo
Note* The picture below Unfortunately does not show the Yellow-Stitching the following image does.

(2) Vehicle Keys Painted incl. One Key Pouch in Leather
P3 - Racing Yellow

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-17-2021 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added additional images ....
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (01-18-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 06:52 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Terry,

looks like a very personalized build, you should love it.

I didn’t reread the thread but wanted to make sure you are aware there isn’t any memory for the 18 ways. For whatever reason Porsche didn’t find a way to include it since the door handle delete takes the buttons with it. I went with the no cost 2 ways mostly for that reason since both me and my wife will be driving this and it takes 10 seconds to find my position with the 2 ways and probably hours to get the 18 ways back to perfect. Just saying. Way too much money to not include memory.
UncleDude (01-17-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 01:04 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mjw930
Terry,

looks like a very personalized build, you should love it.

I didn’t reread the thread but wanted to make sure you are aware there isn’t any memory for the 18 ways. For whatever reason Porsche didn’t find a way to include it since the door handle delete takes the buttons with it. I went with the no cost 2 ways mostly for that reason since both me and my wife will be driving this and it takes 10 seconds to find my position with the 2 ways and probably hours to get the 18 ways back to perfect. Just saying. Way too much money to not include memory.
mjw930,

Thanks for the comments on the 18-ways and "No-Memory-Functions".

No-Worries thankfully with Cathy (Wife) and her readjusting the "Driver's-Seat" in the GT4.
We purchased her a new VW Golf R back in 2017 and she loves it.
It now has a whopping 11K miles on it.
She works from home for Cigna Insurance.
We took one of the upstairs bedrooms and converted it to an office for her.
She let's me share a corner of it on the opposite side. LOL !!!

In all fairness to those of us guys on here that are Married.
Cathy actually is the reason I can do this GT4 at the young age of 75.
She is 9-years younger than me so she made the decision to keep working since she does that from home as I mentioned above.
Luckily for me after us being Married for plus 37-years she said to me the following when I brought up the GT4.
Terry if your wanting to do that you should get off your butt right now and do it.
Stop all the on going, never-ever-ending research and get with "Porsche of Nashville" and put things in Motion.
From only my point of view and my opinion I'm one of the Super-Lucky guys on here that their Wife is 100% Supporting as well as footing the Cost of my GT4 !!!

Terry

The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
afisherunc (03-02-2021), CTDiesel (01-18-2021), StormRune (06-10-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 01:17 AM
Rasmus
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Terry, funny seeing you over here.

Sincerely,
Rasmus @s197forum. Still have the GT500, the Corvettes, and some other stuff, but added a GT3 as well.
tigerhonaker (09-24-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 11:45 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rasmus
Hi Terry, funny seeing you over here.

Sincerely,
Rasmus @s197forum. Still have the GT500, the Corvettes, and some other stuff, but added a GT3 as well.
Hi Rasmus,

My ole my it is sometimes a small World.

So, you still have a lot of those Super-Nice Guy-Toys I see ^^^

Well as you know after me having the 08 Bullitt Mustang for over 10-years I then did the Audi RS-3.
Really-really liked it but I wanted something you don't hardly ever see here where I live in Franklin, Tennessee in the USA.
I could be wrong and if so it surely isn't the 1st time and more than likely won't be the last.

I think this GT4 is going to be exactly what I want and may very well end up being my Last Sports-Car.
I sure ain't getting any younger.

Nice seeing you over here on a lot more Friendly Internet Site.
Terry Honaker
Old 01-22-2021, 11:05 AM
superfast02911
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 57 Posts

Congrats Terry, and well done on the spec! I configured and ordered my GT4 as well as my current GT3RS, and it quite honestly is the best part. Once the world returns to normal, I highly recommend doing Euro delivery for your next one, its the best experience.

Thank you for your service!
tigerhonaker (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 11:23 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by superfast02911
Congrats Terry, and well done on the spec!
I configured and ordered my GT4 as well as my current GT3RS, and it quite honestly is the best part.
Once the world returns to normal,
I highly recommend doing Euro delivery for your next one, its the best experience.

Thank you for your service!
Hello Nathan,

I think the wait is going to be worth it.
This to me as well as Cathy (Wife) is going to be a Real-Eye-Catcher.
I almost waited to see if there was going to be a 2022 GT4.
But, as the weeks went by and the more I read it seemed to me GT4 allocations were Really-really hard to come by according to your Porsche Dealer.
Talked to Cathy about it and she and I came to the same conclusion and she had even stronger feelings about me waiting than I did to be honest.
She said something like, Terry get off your butt and put things in motion right now or you might end up not even being able to order exactly what you really want.
She is not a car person at all so for her to make that above statement says something ...............
I took her advise and got with the G/M Cody Bender below,

As it has turned out after Cody and I have had numerous conversations I did make the right decision No-Doubt about it.
He is and has been working with his Porsche Rep to acquire an allocation for me but that's still not happened.

Cody Bender is the G/M at "Porsche of Nashville".

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-22-2021 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:59 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Motortrend Magazine March 2021 issue Porsche GT4

Guys,

I just received the March issue of MOTORTREND Magazine and in it were some reviewer's comments on the Porsche GT4.

I Never-Ever tire of seeing New comments on the GT4 !!!

See below:

T.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:56 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Speaking of Covid-19 and many of us waiting for months & month for them to arrive ...

Greetings my Porsche GT4 members,

Well I've decided to share a few thoughts with you guys.
And for those that might possibly think I'm joking or screwing around I'm not.

I as well as my wife both are getting more and more concerned over the Covid-19 virus and even more so as the New Variants of the virus are getting worse and worse.
As in more and more of the variants are here in the USA and spreading Super-Fast.

The reason I say Cathy and I are becoming more and more concerned is because she is 66 and I am 75 and June 2021 I'll be 76.
I'm not one of those people that look at the Negative-Side of Life at all.
But, I'm no dummy and this Covid-19 Virus thing has as many of you know already Killed more people than in WW II.
And the predictions are that the deaths could very well Exceed 500,000 Americans before we start to get it under some control.

Cathy and I were talking last night while watching the News regarding Covid-19.
We both said that we have all our fingers crossed that both of us would get the Covid-19 Vaccinations so we would be Protected.
And I hopefully would still be above ground whenever this year the Porsche GT4 arrives at "Porsche-of-Nashville".
Well speaking of getting the Vaccine I just this morning got my 1st shot of the Pfizer Vaccine.
And I also have the appointment for my 2nd shot that was just confirmed.
That ^^^ being said means hopefully I won't be passing the Covid-19 Virus to Cathy especially after getting the 2nd shot in three (3) weeks.
And of course Cathy would not be passing it to me.

So, it seems like I will be above ground guys to get my GT4 and I can definitely state that surely does put a Giant-Smile on this old man's face.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-23-2021 at 11:03 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
JohnC4S (01-31-2021), josephr25 (03-08-2021), mjw930 (01-30-2021), phefner (05-07-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 03:10 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Greetings,

Well I'm good to go as I just got back home from getting my 2nd Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine Shot.
So, now Cathy and I will hopefully be set as she cannot pass the Covid-19 Virus to me and I don't think I can pass it to her.

Also and I/We consider this a major-plus I'll be around to actually receive the GT4 sometime this year.

For those interested I did start a New Thread a day ago.

Lets "Discuss" adjusting ride "Height" on the 2021 GT4 ...

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17247974

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-23-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:33 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Hello guys,

Well just received this E-Mail from "Porsche of Nashville".

Terry-

I haven’t forgotten about you,
I am still actively trying to get a GT4 allocation for you.

Best,

Cody Bender
General Manager
Porsche of Nashville
1580 Mallory Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027
O: 615.647.3200
TYPE911 (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 04:17 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

tigerhonaker, I enjoyed reading your "story." I guess you're just a little excited about this GT4 and the acquisition process, huh? And that's a little surprising, given your vehicle history. But, Porsches are special cars, and the GT4 is near the top of that specialness. I'm sure you've seen the rumors that more GT4/Spyder allocation are expected during March, so perhaps it won't be too long until you receive definitive word. Since anticipation is one of the best things to enjoy in life, relish this "anticipatory period." Likewise, I don't see why you can't look forward to anticipating a whole 'nother process in the future! You've written about a "last rodeo" a few times, but looking forward and seeing into the future is a thing which can keep us young, going forward, and eager. Enjoy the process and enjoy your time. Good choice on the silver wheels...it's a classic look. That RS3 looked sweet. I also like Audis; I have a Stage 3 B5 S4 and a B7 RS4. I lived in Memphis for 8 years a long while back, and travelled through TN for work; I would have much preferred to have lived in middle or eastern TN. And thank you for serving our country!
tigerhonaker (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 11:26 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 9elheven
tigerhonaker, I enjoyed reading your "story." I guess you're just a little excited about this GT4 and the acquisition process, huh? And that's a little surprising, given your vehicle history. But, Porsches are special cars, and the GT4 is near the top of that specialness. I'm sure you've seen the rumors that more GT4/Spyder allocation are expected during March, so perhaps it won't be too long until you receive definitive word. Since anticipation is one of the best things to enjoy in life, relish this "anticipatory period." Likewise, I don't see why you can't look forward to anticipating a whole 'nother process in the future! You've written about a "last rodeo" a few times, but looking forward and seeing into the future is a thing which can keep us young, going forward, and eager. Enjoy the process and enjoy your time. Good choice on the silver wheels...it's a classic look. That RS3 looked sweet. I also like Audis; I have a Stage 3 B5 S4 and a B7 RS4. I lived in Memphis for 8 years a long while back, and travelled through TN for work; I would have much preferred to have lived in middle or eastern TN. And thank you for serving our country!
9elheven,

As you have noted I am so looking forward to this 2021 GT4.

Also and this is what makes this new incoming GT4 even a more special experience.
Mt wife (Cathy) is by no-means a car person.
But, she is all in on this GT4 and in-fact she is the one that gave that Extra-Push for me to make it happen.
That was back in December 2020.
If I were to take this a little further in regards to Cathy ..........
She is actually from a financial standpoint the reason this is happening.
She is 9-years younger than me and is still working from home for Cigna Ins.
So, due to Cathy's income which is like 4-times my retirement and her jumping in and backing this.
That's ^^^ actually how this is going to take place so I can say with all certainty I'm one Super Fortunate hubby.
We have passed the 37-years of marriage and both of us are Happy we are Both still above ground and so far both Healthy.
(I take Cathy to get her 1st Covid-19 Virus vaccine shot this afternoon)

And speaking of "Anticipating" the GT4 is No-Worries at all as I know it will eventually take place.
If you knew me from other car internet sites your right I have had Way-way-way more than my Fair-Share of Performance-Cars/Vehicles over the years.
That includes a bunch of Audi's over the years which I enjoyed all of them.

You know I do think that the GT4 is a Special Porsche and I say that based on every video as well as everything I have read from owners as well as all the Magazine reviews.
I think based on all of the above ^^^ the GT4 is without any doubt the Very-Best Buy of any Porsche based on Looks-inside & out, Performance, Pricing etc.
To me what sets it 1-step up from the earlier models as well as the 2020 GT4 is the availability of the PDK 7-speed tranny.

Okay March is right around the corner so I'm of the opinion I'll be hearing from my contact at "Porsche of Nashville" Cody Bender the G/M soon.
My Main-Man Cody B,

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-23-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker