Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official PTS Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 12:01 PM
Nate2046
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 100 Posts

Albert now available for purchase with 500 miles on the clock for a mere $23k above MSRP.

https://www.driventexas.com/vehicles...718-cayman-gt4

Autotrader ad with asking price;
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Last edited by Nate2046; 04-22-2021 at 12:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Momentum Worx (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 12:06 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 751 Likes on 354 Posts

^^^ $170k asking price....
Old 04-22-2021, 02:43 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

That $170k Albert is going to fly like a lead balloon next to a MY22 Shark Blue for $55k less.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:46 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skafia
Thinking about it, but I highly doubt I'll be able to get an allocation.
If you were going with PTS blue, just go with MY22 Shark Blue with original engine for $14k less.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:01 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hf1
That $170k Albert is going to fly like a lead balloon next to a MY22 Shark Blue for $55k less.
To me the Albert Blue looks like a slightly lighter, but non-metallic Gentian Blue. I think if most people passed that car on the street, they would assume it was just Gentian Blue (which is $2900 cheaper still than the Shark Blue option).

But the main problem with that car to me is it's loaded up with all manner of pointless options. How many thousands of dollars in tan custom color selction deviated stitching does that thing have? VINAnalytics thinks that this is THE most expensive GT4 MSRP so far. And the crazy thing is it does not even have the $6000 buckets option.

I kind of get this build if the 718 GT4 is your dream car, and you want to make it very unique and special to YOUR tastes, and you want to keep this car forever. But it seems like a terrible build sheet if you only wanted to try to flip the car...

Last edited by 0-Day; 04-22-2021 at 03:07 PM.
beibei650 (09-01-2022)
Old 04-22-2021, 03:11 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Yes, Albert is closer to Gentian than Shark, though Shark is non-metallic.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:46 PM
Tigers10
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-Day
To me the Albert Blue looks like a slightly lighter, but non-metallic Gentian Blue. I think if most people passed that car on the street, they would assume it was just Gentian Blue (which is $2900 cheaper still than the Shark Blue option).

But the main problem with that car to me is it's loaded up with all manner of pointless options. How many thousands of dollars in tan custom color selction deviated stitching does that thing have? VINAnalytics thinks that this is THE most expensive GT4 MSRP so far. And the crazy thing is it does not even have the $6000 buckets option.

I kind of get this build if the 718 GT4 is your dream car, and you want to make it very unique and special to YOUR tastes, and you want to keep this car forever. But it seems like a terrible build sheet if you only wanted to try to flip the car...
So funny story I saw this car in person when I was picking up my gentian blue CGTS4.0 from detailing shop so they were parked very close to each other. Can confirm that to the uninitiated (my wife) that Albert looks like GB.
0-Day (04-22-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 02:54 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Both Riviera and Albert blue look great!For the Spyder I feel Albert and Oslo look amazing. Porsche really has great shades of blue (though all are PTS)
Old 04-23-2021, 09:41 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
Both Riviera and Albert blue look great!For the Spyder I feel Albert and Oslo look amazing. Porsche really has great shades of blue (though all are PTS)
I was planning to order Gemini Metallic as myPTS Spyder color but the allocation was too late in the year, so I went with Yellow. My last one was Miami Blue so it may be nice to change this time albeit Blue is my favorite!
Old 04-29-2021, 04:16 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts
Default PTS premium at resell.

I ordered an aventurine green over Bordeaux/black with satin aurum wheels. Loved that combo in real life but gave up due to the stop sale.

Starting over and wondering about, trying to rationalize, a PTS green. How much of a premium does a PTS car receive in the resale market? I know that varies widely. For example, a month ago Voodoo Blue would have generated a huge premium but now it has to compete with Shark Blue which is available non-PTS.

I was thinking of getting Oak Green, Brewster Green, Dark Olive, Forest Green, or the like. I’m buying the car for me and not a future buyer but wanted thoughts on what sort of premium a PTS generates at resale.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:25 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
I ordered an aventurine green over Bordeaux/black with satin aurum wheels. Loved that combo in real life but gave up due to the stop sale.

Starting over and wondering about, trying to rationalize, a PTS green. How much of a premium does a PTS car receive in the resale market? I know that varies widely. For example, a month ago Voodoo Blue would have generated a huge premium but now it has to compete with Shark Blue which is available non-PTS.

I was thinking of getting Oak Green, Brewster Green, Dark Olive, Forest Green, or the like. I’m buying the car for me and not a future buyer but wanted thoughts on what sort of premium a PTS generates at resale.
When you buy unique items in your life, you should only buy for yourself and not worry about what the next owner will pay for it because at the end of the day, PTS has the potential to increase resale but isn't guaranteed. Unique items are always harder to resell. The higher up the pyramid you go, the harder it is. The reason why is because you would have to find the right buyer to want all of your specs. If they want it bad enough, they'll pay just like if you want PTS bad enough, you'll pay $12k+.

Those greens are unique because the standard Python Green is a bright green so if you do order one of those greens, it will be a totally different shade so you'll have that going for you but again your resale will also depend on how else you spec the rest of the car. If you spec it with boudreaux interior and choose CXX guard red deviated stitching and personalized door sills that only you will understand, it will probably not sell at a premium and you will probably have a really hard time selling.

I feel for your stop sale predicament and lucky for you, it has open a new door for another opportunity. Spec it how you would like it and if and when you go to sell it, if you sell it a reasonable price, consider yourself lucky.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:55 PM
cyran
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy

Speaking as someone who would love a green in the colors you're thinking about (I'd personally go British Racing Green - I have tried and failed to get a PTS allocation), I'm not sure it generates much of a premium. Obviously if someone is trying to flip a PTS car they mark it way up, but if we're talking 5-10 years down the line, we're probably talking only a few grand from what I've seen. But the nice part is if you do PTS, there is likely a buyer out there who LOVES that color, so a sale should be easy.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:09 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Back when PTS cost $5500-7000 USD, you had a pretty good chance of getting that money back in price premium when you went to sell your car on the secondary market.

But now that PTS costs nearly $13,000 in the US, I feel like it's unlikely that you will get that premium back in resale value unless 1) it's a really rare car in a really rare color (Like a 1 of 1 car) or 2) you found that one buyer that had the exact same tastes as you and just had to have the PTS color that you ordered.
JSF101 (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 09:00 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,513 Likes on 650 Posts

^agree. Order because you love it. Worry about resale when that day comes. In the mean time: enjoy!
JSF101 (05-01-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 09:16 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

San Marino Blue Metallic. Not sure I’d pay PTS money for a color that looks to be very similar to Gentian. Great looking car nonetheless.

Hopefully we’ll start seeing another run of forum members collecting cars. Beats the hell out of Instagram photos.

View this post on Instagram
josephr25 (05-12-2021)

Quick Reply: The Official PTS Color Thread