Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

[Harry's Garage] Porsche 718 Boxster GTS 4.0. Is this the greatest Boxster ever?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 10:30 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by JPalau
Months have passed after the last post and I assume some new GTS's 4.0 have been driven during this period. Can you share your experience and tell if your PASM/SPASM 4.0 show the fender gap and what are the pros and cons of having PASM or SPASM? Me also going back and forth with the decision as some rumors say the SPASM suspension could be too harsh in that particular model. Thank you.
I went through a lot of research on this as well, and please do read through the thread posted above for you to help with your decision. I will take my car on long trips and want a compliant ride. I also wanted to take advantage of the chassis tune that Porsche has done for this model. I also asked some friends that have SPASM about their long-term experience.

Here is a quote from a Motor Trend review: “The standard Cayman is a sweet, beautifully balanced car, but as we discovered while lapping a sport suspension-equipped GTS in company with a GTS fitted with the standard PASM setup (a no-cost option) around Portugal's serpentine Estoril circuit, the sport suspension endows it with more grip and precision.Especially mid-corner, where the car with the standard suspension simply couldn't hang with the sport suspension version, the front end pushing wide if you got on the power too soon. Porsche says it offers the standard suspension as an option on the GTS for those who want a little more comfort. It needn't bother: The sport suspension proved anything but harsh and noisy, even on some of Portugal's rougher back roads. And it's more than acceptable in terms of ride quality around town.”

Good luck with your decision.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
Alpha Ice (08-03-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-04-2021), StormRune (08-03-2021), UncleDude (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 10:35 AM
buzzlulu
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Good Motor Trend quote - however not relevant in my world. My BGTS is a cart to enjoy on my local roads. I do not track cars - so no SPASM necessary.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:47 AM
JPalau
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoiler

Thank you guys for your kind replies. I'm still undecided between the two options (PASM vs SPASM). I've read the thread, and seems to me that the arguments adduced for both are pretty rational. I made a driving experience with PASM and was quite comfortable (maybe too much for a sports car?) so I will have to try SPASM now. As this is a question related to sensible perceptions, and so, essentially subjective, no theory nor data can be the fundamental criteria to guide the final decision, only one's arms, and legs and back can be the judges here, and if they reach no agreement, then the question will have to be raised to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Of Senses: Your Honor The ***.
Cheers.

Last edited by JPalau; 08-04-2021 at 06:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JPalau:
Dan Nagy (08-04-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-04-2021)

Quick Reply: [Harry's Garage] Porsche 718 Boxster GTS 4.0. Is this the greatest Boxster ever?