Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

MY21 GT Cars Delayed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2020 | 05:13 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by c1pher
Oh by the way, my SA said there was a gas guzzler tax on the Spyder. Is that really true? He said it typically applies to GT cars.
Is he trying to set you up for ADP when you come in to pick it up? Otherwise he is full of it, doesn't know what he's talking about.

GGT is listed on the Monroney sticker if it applies.
Old 12-05-2020 | 05:18 PM
Haros
Rennlist Member

Update: mine is coming January the 2nd.

Made my 2 car garage into a 2.5 car garage:

Old 12-05-2020 | 05:20 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

^ How do you calibrate the car's scale to your garage dimensions in the app?
Old 12-05-2020 | 05:46 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Originally Posted by Aventure
FYI, just learned my 2021 Boxster GTS 4.0 was released from Davisville port today and awaiting a carrier to deliver to dealer. I assume others should hear the same? Hope you guys get good news soon.
Since your profile doesn't list where you're located, are you located in a CARB state? If so, which one?

Ron
The following users liked this post:
hunt991 (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020 | 06:10 PM
Aventure

Originally Posted by ronbauer
Since your profile doesn't list where you're located, are you located in a CARB state? If so, which one?

Ron
Yes, CT. And to clarify I heard from dealer today. My original message implies it was released today - sorry for any confusion. Happy to report back if/when the car is on a carrier, which will confirm release.
ronbauer (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020 | 07:32 PM
Haros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
^ How do you calibrate the car's scale to your garage dimensions in the app?
I set it to 100% when you increase the scaling of the car. The dimensions seems to work out to what I measured by hand. So tight fit either way haha.
Old 12-05-2020 | 08:00 PM
georgia606
Track Day

2021 Cars not due to pass emissions till 12/04/20
Old 12-05-2020 | 08:59 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by georgia606
2021 Cars not due to pass emissions till 12/04/20
You do realize that today is 12-5-2020

Old 12-05-2020 | 09:07 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
You do realize that today is 12-5-2020

LOL! Spoke with my SA yesterday morning, he said the CARB certification does come from California so due to time difference it is normal they may not have heard anything on the East Coast. I got my car from a dealership in Pennsylvania.
Old 12-06-2020 | 01:48 AM
User 12720
AutoX

My SA in CA (LA area) says Monday 12/7 because PCNA didn't tell them otherwise. I like affirmative logic not implicit, so I'm what you might say in a word- doubtful.

I had told them I don't want the car anymore after this saga and 2 months of sitting if 12/4 didn't happen and I will throw in the towel on my stupid stubborn principles.

It's a personal thing, but for something that's supposed to be a fun I'm over it this is not a low supply car and if I knew what the actual vs. originally estimated time line was I would have just picked up a MY20 months ago and been enjoying it.

Perhaps the most realistic way for a first time buyer to be introduced to the brand
Old 12-06-2020 | 02:04 AM
buzzlulu
Advanced

Yes - I hope that someone from Porsche NA monitors these threads. I ordered my heavily spec'd Boxster GTS 4.0 at the end of July and was told I would be able to do some extensive fall driving. Instead my car has been sitting at the port since 10/15. I am in NY and winter is here with snow coming.
Now do not get me wrong as I am fortunate enough to have (and will stilk be keeping) my first year 2000 Boxster S so I was able to enjoy the fall driving season.

This entire FU is seeming more and more like something having to do with Porsche's marketing and sales figures rather than EPA certification. What are they thinking delivering convertible top cars in December. Last I heard a number of States in the NE were getting snow this weekend
mr965 (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020 | 04:45 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nickwild
I had told them I don't want the car anymore after this saga and 2 months of sitting if 12/4 didn't happen and I will throw in the towel on my stupid stubborn principles.
Originally Posted by buzzlulu
Yes - I hope that someone from Porsche NA monitors these threads...This entire FU is seeming more and more like something having to do with Porsche's marketing and sales figures rather than EPA certification. What are they thinking delivering convertible top cars in December. Last I heard a number of States in the NE were getting snow this weekend
EPA certification was a while ago.

It is CARB certification that's holding things up for folks in CARB states. In case you two are unaware the "C" part of the that is "California".

So, it is *YOUR* lazy, unelected bureaucrats, not doing their overpaid jobs that are keeping your Porsches impounded along with the cars of those of us unfortunate enough to live in states with bureaucrats that are stupid enough to follow your bureaucrats like lemmings.

MY'21 cars are being happily driven by folks that don't live in CARB states.

Blame your !@#ing state. Not Porsche.

Go ahead, cancel your deals and go on with the rest of your lives with your heads screwed on upside down.

And don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Old 12-06-2020 | 08:04 AM
seahack
Instructor

Maybe next week!?
Old 12-06-2020 | 08:51 AM
buzzlulu
Advanced

Originally Posted by worf928
EPA certification was a while ago.
It is CARB certification that's holding things up for folks in CARB states. In case you two are unaware the "C" part of the that is "California".
So, it is *YOUR* lazy, unelected bureaucrats, not doing their overpaid jobs that are keeping your Porsches impounded along with the cars of those of us unfortunate enough to live in states with bureaucrats that are stupid enough to follow your bureaucrats like lemmings.
MY'21 cars are being happily driven by folks that don't live in CARB states.
Blame your !@#ing state. Not Porsche.
Go ahead, cancel your deals and go on with the rest of your lives with your heads screwed on upside down.
And don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
No one knows if what you say is true or not as it is all speculation

People in non CARB States have only had their cars for the past week or so - not the past months.
Speculation has attributed these delays to EPA and CARB. Other speculation has attributed it to investigation into VW's dieselgate. Finally other speculation has attributed it to Porsche accounting and 4th quarter sales figures. So no one really knows for sure.

Heads screwed on upside down and doors hitting a$$'s - I think you need to chilax. My previous post was measured and calm. Canceled deals - that was the other poster. I have been waiting 5 months and once my car arrives I will not even see it as it has directly to the shop for PPF. I have my trusty 2000 Boxster S to keep me warm.
Old 12-06-2020 | 09:49 AM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by buzzlulu
No one knows if what you say is true or not as it is all speculation

People in non CARB States have only had their cars for the past week or so - not the past months.
Speculation has attributed these delays to EPA and CARB. Other speculation has attributed it to investigation into VW's dieselgate. Finally other speculation has attributed it to Porsche accounting and 4th quarter sales figures. So no one really knows for sure.

Heads screwed on upside down and doors hitting a$$'s - I think you need to chilax. My previous post was measured and calm. Canceled deals - that was the other poster. I have been waiting 5 months and once my car arrives I will not even see it as it has directly to the shop for PPF. I have my trusty 2000 Boxster S to keep me warm.
I’ve had mine for about 3 weeks.

Quick Reply: MY21 GT Cars Delayed?