Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PTS issue on Spyder build

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 11:43 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Ok, so I heard back from Exclusiv again (who queried PAG), sadly its correct, the interior is *not* painted (by default) as part of a PTS order but it is available via CXX options, as follows:

interior pkg painted: $2640
center console painted: $540
door panel cusomized: $8630 (this is apparently the cost to reconstruct the entire door panel and paint it to PTS - seriously)

Larry,

Thanks for the confirmation -- gives me additional faith on my sales associate. Besides the interior Roll Bars are still under investigation and doubtful they'll the standard $640 cost.

Regardless, I dumped the PTS nonsense and took an immediate Nov Build allocation at the same dealership. Racing Yellow with all leather deviated stitching available -- it's going to be epic.

Cheers

Shaggy
Old 08-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Larry,

Thanks for the confirmation -- gives me additional faith on my sales associate. Besides the interior Roll Bars are still under investigation and doubtful they'll the standard $640 cost.

Regardless, I dumped the PTS nonsense and took an immediate Nov Build allocation at the same dealership. Racing Yellow with all leather deviated stitching available -- it's going to be epic.

Cheers

Shaggy
you're welcome, apparently my contact at Exclusiv said that they were initially led to believe that the interior was part of the PTS but when queried PAG clarified that it was not in fact so.

I am now in a quandary, do I keep PTS, and spec a different trim, or do I paint the interior and the center console and leave the door trim ... I dont think that will look right ...

funny, before I decided to go with PTS, I had also specced racing yellow etc ... I agree it will be epic!

enjoy!

Last edited by Larry Cable; 08-26-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:43 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

you're welcome, apparently my contact at Exclusiv said that they were initially led to believe that the interior was part of the PTS but when queried PAG clarified that it was not in fact so.

I am now in a quandary, do I keep PTS, and spec a different trim, or do I paint the interior and the center console and leave the door trim ... I dont think that will look right ...

funny, before I decided to go with PTS, I had also specced racing yellow etc ... I agree it will be epic!

enjoy!
Keep PTS and order with dark aluminum or leather interior that will go with any exterior/interior color or other trim/stitching etc
Then later date decide on any changes
just my opinon/advice
​​​​​​​
Old 08-26-2020, 02:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD
Keep PTS and order with dark aluminum or leather interior that will go with any exterior/interior color or other trim/stitching etc
Then later date decide on any changes
just my opinon/advice
yes I will definitely keep the PTS, and the interior pkg with (yellow) dev stitching - not sure what to do about the trim at this point, maybe CF or the blk alu... I might paint the ctr console and perhaps the shoulder belt tunnels on the LWBS and the air vent surrounds...
Old 08-26-2020, 02:17 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

yes I will definitely keep the PTS, and the interior pkg with (yellow) dev stitching - not sure what to do about the trim at this point, maybe CF or the blk alu... I might paint the ctr console and perhaps the shoulder belt tunnels on the LWBS and the air vent surrounds...
Any of those combos would be great,
I went simple Oslo PTS, leather with silver stitch, dark aluminum. I had leather trim previous PTS Targa which looked great and clean and STD dark aluminum that came with touring which I also liked broke up the leather and gave some texture.
CF also great choice for your build with LWB.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:19 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I went simple Oslo PTS, leather with silver stitch, dark aluminum. I had leather trim previous PTS Targa which looked great and clean and STD dark aluminum that came with touring which I also liked broke up the leather and gave some texture.
agreed - esp since I also specced the CF door sills... shame though that PAG are nickle and diming their PTS customers like this - which was not really the case with the GT3 where you ticked the "paint the interior" box and everything got painted to PTS (well not the ctr console or the climate control - but the dash and doors did)
Old 08-26-2020, 02:30 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

HI JPMD. Not sure if you saw my thread but I'm trying to build a PTS database for all to view and commiserate together until we get our PTS cars. Do you mind if I add you the list for Oslo?

Here is a link to the thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=243681
Old 08-26-2020, 06:33 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
HI JPMD. Not sure if you saw my thread but I'm trying to build a PTS database for all to view and commiserate together until we get our PTS cars. Do you mind if I add you the list for Oslo?

Here is a link to the thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=243681
ooh yes I will PM you as much info as I have to add to the list
Old 08-26-2020, 09:00 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

They picked up my order today, sent an email to dealer stating the issue re interior painted trim not being included, and gave me a couple hours to give them my final specs before the entire order locked. As far as I know, it locked at the end of business today. I went with leather trim. Originally I'd wanted to spec the painted trim, since I was going to the expense of PTS, but I had concerns it would be busy - Platinum stitching and PTS trim. This took the decision making out of it. No busy interior. Gulf Blue outside. Black and platinum inside.
The following 2 users liked this post by Selo:
evilfij (08-27-2020), JPMD (08-26-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Selo
They picked up my order today, sent an email to dealer stating the issue re interior painted trim not being included, and gave me a couple hours to give them my final specs before the entire order locked. As far as I know, it locked at the end of business today. I went with leather trim. Originally I'd wanted to spec the painted trim, since I was going to the expense of PTS, but I had concerns it would be busy - Platinum stitching and PTS trim. This took the decision making out of it. No busy interior. Gulf Blue outside. Black and platinum inside.
So I just spoke with Exclusiv, the reason for the price of the door panels is because the trim strip is glued on by the panel OEM and thus it makes them *really* hard to CXX...

I decided to go with PTS, interior trim and center console painted, and I selected the leather interior trim pkg which will cover the door trim in leather, but CXX can still remove and paint the interior trim and center console... fyi
The following 2 users liked this post by Larry Cable:
evilfij (08-27-2020), JPMD (08-26-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 09:37 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks for the explanation, I hadn't previously fully understood. I'm a little bummed it wasn't explained to me fully before I decided, but I'm good with my choice. I had brushed aluminum with Platinum in a GT4 and it was ok, kind of busy. Now I have the silver plastic with classic Spyder interior in a 981, and it's just ok too. The all leather trim will look clean and classy, I think.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:04 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Selo
Thanks for the explanation, I hadn't previously fully understood. I'm a little bummed it wasn't explained to me fully before I decided, but I'm good with my choice. I had brushed aluminum with Platinum in a GT4 and it was ok, kind of busy. Now I have the silver plastic with classic Spyder interior in a 981, and it's just ok too. The all leather trim will look clean and classy, I think.
+1!
Old 08-27-2020, 09:11 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 184 Posts

Ok, so I heard back from Exclusiv again (who queried PAG), sadly its correct, the interior is *not* painted (by default) as part of a PTS order but it is available via CXX options, as follows:

interior pkg painted: $2640
center console painted: $540
door panel cusomized: $8630 (this is apparently the cost to reconstruct the entire door panel and paint it to PTS - seriously)
Interesting timing because I just heard back from the dealer with the same "can't be done" apparently without going through cxx. Like others, I'm trying to figure out what to do next because like I said when I started this thread, the interior pieces in pts color was a favorite option for sure.

Does anyone know the cost of buying and painting the trim pieces that can be swapped out? I think that would be the dash trim pieces and center console surround. Also, as long as you have the paint code, can any body shop get the color to match the factory paint? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:55 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 399 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Does anyone know the cost of buying and painting the trim pieces that can be swapped out? I think that would be the dash trim pieces and center console surround. Also, as long as you have the paint code, can any body shop get the color to match the factory paint? Thanks.
I think the cost/hassle of that compared to $2640 + $540 = $3190 is not really worth it (if you're already splurging on PTS).
Thinking of all the interior trim you'd need to tear apart to get those out, painted professionally, and then put back in.... to me is not worth tearing apart the interior.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:41 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Larry, seems like a great plan.

As far as removing the dash trim and console it is a very easy job. Like minutes to do. Nothing to tear apart door panels are another story, but apparently it is possible to remove the plastic welded rivets to replace the spears but not for the faint of heart.

As far as buying the parts, used silver ones to repaint should be cheap. I don’t know if there are primer ones, so you would need to repaint a painted set if you wanted to buy new. It would cost much less than CXX and you would still have the original ones (leather, aluminium etc would command a good price on the used market as take offs or keep and store to put back to stock).

Quick Reply: PTS issue on Spyder build