Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Python Green Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 08:35 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I can upload some pics if you want. Won't be the same as real life but i think it really makes the interior pop.
A walk-around video in good natural light would be awesome (in and out). White balance variances and phone post processing really make all these photos a crap shoot. I watched your delivery video but iirc shots were mostly indoor and low lighting.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:45 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,549 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
A walk-around video in good natural light would be awesome (in and out). White balance variances and phone post processing really make all these photos a crap shoot. I watched your delivery video but iirc shots were mostly indoor and low lighting.
i'll see what i can do this weekend. We're in the middle of a "storm" here in NorCal and its been constantly overcast.
The following users liked this post:
GoodRevrnd (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 08:48 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Originally Posted by Xxyion
i'll see what i can do this weekend. We're in the middle of a "storm" here in NorCal and its been constantly overcast.
Ah, I already know the color looks great in overcast light. Sunlight has me on the fence. Meanwhile hoping a PG car shows up at the track this weekend.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:50 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Ah, I already know the color looks great in overcast light. Sunlight has me on the fence. Meanwhile hoping a PG car shows up at the track this weekend.
Yeah I'll be at Laguna Seca this weekend for autocross, hopefully its sunny. If it is i'll do a video and some pictures
Old 03-15-2023, 11:40 AM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

I didn't go with the leather interior, so my green trim doesn't go into the doors. I was on the fence about ordering it, as I hadn't seen the color in person prior to ordering, and thought it might be too much to have it on the interior. My rationale was that I could only have it on the original order once, and it was worth the risk. If I didn't like it, it would be easy enough to order replacement pieces after the fact in brushed or carbon. Once I saw the car and sat in it, I knew I made the right decision, and is one of my favorite things when I'm sitting in the car (behind the carbon buckets of course!)

Ron

Xxyion (03-15-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 01:30 PM
ramans
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ronbauer
I didn't go with the leather interior, so my green trim doesn't go into the doors. I was on the fence about ordering it, as I hadn't seen the color in person prior to ordering, and thought it might be too much to have it on the interior. My rationale was that I could only have it on the original order once, and it was worth the risk. If I didn't like it, it would be easy enough to order replacement pieces after the fact in brushed or carbon. Once I saw the car and sat in it, I knew I made the right decision, and is one of my favorite things when I'm sitting in the car (behind the carbon buckets of course!)

Ron

Once I sat in Ron's car I knew it was the right way to go, so mines the same
Old 03-17-2023, 02:57 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Originally Posted by ronbauer

Ron
Hmmm I like it but also maybe too much for me. I may go mute interior and spice it up w/ a neutral colored seat insert. Also love the hue in this shot but definitely looks oversaturated and heavily influenced by fluorescent light?
Old 03-17-2023, 03:16 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Hmmm I like it but also maybe too much for me. I may go mute interior and spice it up w/ a neutral colored seat insert. Also love the hue in this shot but definitely looks oversaturated and heavily influenced by fluorescent light?
LOL, this is why it's so hard to know what PG looks like wirhout seeing it in person! The lighting was outdoor coming in through a big door in my trailer along with the LED interior lights.

Ron
Old 03-17-2023, 04:06 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,346 Posts

Whatever you do, DON'T get yellow interior accents (stitching, seat belts, etc). And I am absolutely NOT saying this to reduce the eventual number of builds with my spec.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:20 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Originally Posted by Adrift
Whatever you do, DON'T get yellow interior accents (stitching, seat belts, etc). And I am absolutely NOT saying this to reduce the eventual number of builds with my spec.
I would probably go Chalk to be as neutral as possible, minimize bringing out any yellow tones in PG as ineffectively as possible, and because I like wasting extra money to be nitpicky over Silver stitching.
Adrift (03-17-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 02:41 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Here is a video of my car in direct sunlight with partial clouds as well as a small view of my interior. I personally think if you are going to go with the interior paint match to exterior, then don't do deviated stitching in another color. Stick with silver or chalk as the green adds enough contrast that any other color stitching would be too much.

Don't mind all the dirt, it was raining that morning for autocross.

It's funny though, this video again shows the polarity of this color. In this light, filmed on an iPhone, the color looks pastel and muted. In person, in fact it's incredibly vibrant. And the interior being on the inside of the car actually looks darker.

As stated since this was on an iPhone, iPhone software tends to automate towards everything being high exposure. So keep that in mind.

Last edited by Xxyion; 03-20-2023 at 02:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xxyion:
Adrift (03-20-2023), GoodRevrnd (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 02:42 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,570 Likes on 2,270 Posts

You need to mark the video public.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:46 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by UncleDude
You need to mark the video public.
i made the change right after i posted lol. Just refresh the page and you should be able to view it.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:20 AM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Thank you! Not getting it in this video, but how much of the hint of yellow hue apparent in some pictures would say is true to life?
Old 03-21-2023, 10:34 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,346 Posts

I’ve never actually noticed any yellow in person; always an intense green, sometimes flatter, sometimes deeper/richer. But then, I admit, I wasn’t looking for yellow. One tends to find what one is looking for, if looking with intent to really find it.

Quick Reply: The Official Python Green Color Thread