Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Chalk Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 12:32 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-GT
Congrats Westcoast...great looking car! Do you have any up close pics of your yellow gauges? They look pretty sharp!
Thanks FI-GT, I am pretty happy with how it turned out, even the gauges, my wife thought they were to noticeable but like all of the options she said, 'hey it's your car so get what you want...'

Even I was a bit worried it would be too much yellow, but if the reaction at coffee yesterday was any measure it was all positive. Tough picture to get, but this is what I have:

The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
MaddMike (01-11-2022), Pokerhobo (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 12:40 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,703 Likes on 936 Posts

Congrats Westcoast! Looks great!
The following 2 users liked this post by n4v4nod:
metalone (07-13-2020), Westcoast (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 12:49 PM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

Congrats WC! Still can't believe we were on the same ship over from Europe and you are already driving your car!! (I'm told mine won't be ready until the end of the week).
Colours look great! (esp like the yellow highlights) . Sent you a PM on another topic.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:53 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
Congrats WC! Still can't believe we were on the same ship over from Europe and you are already driving your car!! (I'm told mine won't be ready until the end of the week).
Colours look great! (esp like the yellow highlights) . Sent you a PM on another topic.
Thanks! Yes that is strange about the eastern cars and how the latest batch are slow to be delivered, one of the GT4 owners from that shipment already has over 1000km's and is headed to the track on Wednesday!
Old 07-13-2020, 01:03 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

Congrats Westcoast, love the yellow accents as well. Considered doing the same but ultimately opted to go with iron disk so no yellow to tie the interior into.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:18 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rooster17
Congrats Westcoast, love the yellow accents as well. Considered doing the same but ultimately opted to go with iron disk so no yellow to tie the interior into.
Thanks Rooster, yes the yellow ties in nicely, with red calipers red stitching should work equally as well!
Old 07-13-2020, 02:30 PM
rooster17
Pro

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Thanks Rooster, yes the yellow ties in nicely, with red calipers red stitching should work equally as well!
Didn’t go red either, although I think that works with the chalk also.

I am going black calipers with silver stitching through out. Black/silver houndstooth seat covers to round out the interior (sitting in the closet!). For now, I’ll continue living vicariously through you guys... my wait continues.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:29 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster17
Black/silver houndstooth seat covers to round out the interior (sitting in the closet!).
Hope you will provide pictures when you have your car and the inserts are installed.

God bless,
TT
Old 07-13-2020, 04:25 PM
F1-GT
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Thanks FI-GT, I am pretty happy with how it turned out, even the gauges, my wife thought they were to noticeable but like all of the options she said, 'hey it's your car so get what you want...'

Even I was a bit worried it would be too much yellow, but if the reaction at coffee yesterday was any measure it was all positive. Tough picture to get, but this is what I have:

Thanks! Those gauges look pretty cool. I toyed with the white ones but ultimately just left them alone. I really like the yellow stitching too and if I could do it over again I'd go with the yellow.

One more question...are those speakers behind the seats? If so...are they part of the Bose system or the Burmeister?
Old 07-13-2020, 04:47 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F1-GT
Thanks! Those gauges look pretty cool. I toyed with the white ones but ultimately just left them alone. I really like the yellow stitching too and if I could do it over again I'd go with the yellow.

One more question...are those speakers behind the seats? If so...are they part of the Bose system or the Burmeister?
I had the Carmine Red tach in my GTS and was disappointed that I could not get the other gauges in that colour for that car, so when I decided on yellow accents it was an easy choice.

Yes, the rear speakers of the Bose setup that I chose for the car.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:26 PM
rooster17
Pro

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Hope you will provide pictures when you have your car and the inserts are installed.

God bless,
TT
November delivery, it’ll be a bit. But will do!
Old 07-13-2020, 06:40 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Congrats Westcoast. Looks amazing. My car is pretty much the same spec but with standard headlights, silver Porsche rear emblem and black wheels. I went with all the same yellow interior accents and I think it looks fantastic.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:14 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Received 493 Likes on 265 Posts

Congrats Westcoast. I was always skeptical about Chalk and Platinum wheels but your car just continues to prove that this is an exquisite combination.

I have been debating the multifunction wheel as it removes one of the two primitive stalks hanging off the column. It is a shame it doesn't remove both.

Leather steering column looks great with the contrast stitch.

Congrats again.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:59 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hit Apex
Congrats Westcoast. Looks amazing. My car is pretty much the same spec but with standard headlights, silver Porsche rear emblem and black wheels. I went with all the same yellow interior accents and I think it looks fantastic.
Thanks, I am in good company then, looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Old 07-13-2020, 11:10 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
Congrats Westcoast. I was always skeptical about Chalk and Platinum wheels but your car just continues to prove that this is an exquisite combination.

I have been debating the multifunction wheel as it removes one of the two primitive stalks hanging off the column. It is a shame it doesn't remove both.

Leather steering column looks great with the contrast stitch.

Congrats again.
Thanks Jim, colour combinations and options are always a bit stressful especially if all you have to go by is the configurator, as we know it is only sort of close!

I know there are those that say the MF wheel with its buttons are distracting, I am not sure why, when I drive I tend to look out in front of the car, I find it helps me to miss the other cars and the occasional deer crossing the road around here!

You know the leather column was a last minute addition, I was on the fence until I came across a picture of it with deviated stitching, I thought oh I could add that later... then saw the price at Suncoast and realized it was 1/2 the price to add at build time so I made the trip down and added it the day before my build locked.

Quick Reply: The Official Chalk Color Thread