Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Chalk Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 12:58 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

[QUOTE=Porsche444;17080654]
Originally Posted by Condor Man

On my last 10+ cars, I have never had a front license plate in California and all my cars had 20% tint, so pretty dark, never had issues with either. In California, it comes down to 2 things, the city and the other infractions you committed. For example, i have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for tinted windows, unless you got a ticket for speeding and/or other, but then again, this comes down to the cop, meaning, if your an ***, he will add things like no front plate, tinted windows, etc, but if you are just normal and respectful, they aren't going to get you for it. You really need to try to get a fix it ticket for these 2 items, again, i've been driving in California for 20+ years with no front plate and 20% window tint, only once did i get a ticket and that was in Santa Monica, that city is notorious, they try to make a buck anywhere they can. My car was parked, when i returned to it, ya, ticket on window for no front plate, think i had to pay like $45 online. But then again, Santa Monica is about as screwed up as any city can be.

So, are you going to get a ticket for clear side markers, thats extremely unlikely, you would literally need to find a way of obtaining a ticket, like maybe ask the cop to do it, LOL.
In December last year I got pulled over at 7.30am on my way to work by a short, fat little cop that gave me a ticket for no front license plate on my GLC63.

I was totally polite and nice and all he wanted to do was to give me a ticket.

I was in Mid City LA so not a special area for this type of behavior that’s for sure.

Mind you it was right around the time that I noticed a lot of police activity especially motorcycle cops giving tickets. This was pre Covid and I think LA had a mandate to start earning some bucks.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:00 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MEM82
Agreed condorman!! Clears are great! Just

Now that’s no way to treat a GT4!!

She looks mighty cold to me!!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:10 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

All your GT4s and Spyders are beautiful. Congratulations!!

God bless,
TT
Old 12-10-2020, 09:35 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 151 Posts

Now that’s no way to treat a GT4!!

She looks mighty cold to me!!
Agreed! It's no fun in the northeast now. Wish we had weather like you in california.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:01 PM
ZZebes
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Had to post this photo I took tonight
The following 3 users liked this post by ZZebes:
masti99 (12-11-2020), mranderson (12-11-2020), sonicworld (01-06-2021)
Old 12-10-2020, 11:03 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Is there symbolism to it being in front of a financial firm's office?

God bless,
TT
Old 12-10-2020, 11:36 PM
ZZebes
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Is there symbolism to it being in front of a financial firm's office?

God bless,
TT
They advised against it... So parking it in front of the office seemed appropriate lol
Old 12-10-2020, 11:50 PM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ZZebes
Had to post this photo I took tonight
Looks stunning. IMO chalk looks much better in falling light than bright sunshine. Especially in photos.
The following users liked this post:
ZZebes (12-11-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 11:52 PM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MEM82
Agreed! It's no fun in the northeast now. Wish we had weather like you in california.
It has been mid 70’s all week!

Without the weather I would never live in this Homeless infested place!
Old 12-11-2020, 02:07 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

It has been mid 70’s all week!

Without the weather I would never live in this Homeless infested place!
What part of Cali do you live in? Homelessness is a problem in Cali but it's not as bad as you might think it is compared to the population of the state. It's also because Cali is a fair weather state. Now, if you want to see homelessness, believe it or not, go visit Waikiki. I've been there twice in my life. Once in 1999 and in 2019 and even in 1999, I remember saying how bad the homelessness is but when we went in 2019, it has gotten so bad. It's way worse than Cali many times over. They're not in the tourist area of Waikiki but you go a couple of blocks outside of Waikiki and you will see gangs of homeless people taking over parks and basically setting up tent city in public parks. At least we don't have that in Cali at least not that I've seen in San Diego, Los Angeles, nor San Francisco. For the most part in Cali, they live under and around bridges and sewer/water/city drain pipe runoff areas.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:10 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
and you will see gangs of homeless people taking over parks and basically setting up tent city in public parks. At least we don't have that in Cali at least not that I've seen in San Diego, Los Angeles, nor San Francisco
When was the last time you were in LA or San Francisco? Because you just described exactly the situation in both cities.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:13 AM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
What part of Cali do you live in? Homelessness is a problem in Cali but it's not as bad as you might think it is compared to the population of the state. It's also because Cali is a fair weather state. Now, if you want to see homelessness, believe it or not, go visit Waikiki. I've been there twice in my life. Once in 1999 and in 2019 and even in 1999, I remember saying how bad the homelessness is but when we went in 2019, it has gotten so bad. It's way worse than Cali many times over. They're not in the tourist area of Waikiki but you go a couple of blocks outside of Waikiki and you will see gangs of homeless people taking over parks and basically setting up tent city in public parks. At least we don't have that in Cali at least not that I've seen in San Diego, Los Angeles, nor San Francisco. For the most part in Cali, they live under and around bridges and sewer/water/city drain pipe runoff areas.
Your kidding right? Have you seen downtown Los Angeles lately, its exploded. I stopped doing trade shows in San Francisco last year, the homeless situation, the trash, filth, feces, urine, is beyond sick, I don't understand how this is allowed. Waiting for my kids to finish college and I'm outta hear. This stupid state keeps voting for higher taxes for everything, yet, nothing ever gets better, just seems to make things worth. Too much corruption, special interest groups, etc = disaster. Look at our $150,000,000,000 bullet train going from nowhere to nowhere, just idiots screwing Californians.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:20 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
When was the last time you were in LA or San Francisco? Because you just described exactly the situation in both cities.
Originally Posted by Porsche444
Your kidding right? Have you seen downtown Los Angeles lately, its exploded. I stopped doing trade shows in San Francisco last year, the homeless situation, the trash, filth, feces, urine, is beyond sick, I don't understand how this is allowed. Waiting for my kids to finish college and I'm outta hear. This stupid state keeps voting for higher taxes for everything, yet, nothing ever gets better, just seems to make things worth. Too much corruption, special interest groups, etc = disaster. Look at our $150,000,000,000 bullet train going from nowhere to nowhere, just idiots screwing Californians.
It's been a few years since I've been to SF so I guess things can really change but at least the parts that we did visit didn't have homeless people tenting out in the open in little "cities" in the major tourist parts that we visited. As for LA, I guess it's also the parts that we frequent. I was just in downtown LA a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice any tent city but then again I'm also not traveling around looking for it. I guess I was more shocked in Waikiki at how bad it was and how close it was to the tourist area. Usually, police do a pretty good job at keeping the homeless out of the tourist areas but I guess in Waikiki they pushed them a few blocks out so that was good enough. Again, I'm not saying it's non-existent in Cali but I guess it wasn't as bad as it was in Waikiki. This was also something my whole family noticed in Waikiki but never mention anything about it as we travel through SF or LA. I guess YMMV.

Sorry to derail the convo. Now back on topic.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 12-11-2020 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:17 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,592 Likes on 672 Posts

All these “chalk” cars look gorgeous to me because they all look white! I haven’t seen one photo that looks chalk. I guess I need to see one in person! Then again, when I think back to my school days where the teacher wrote with chalk on the slate blackboard, the chalk was white...hmmm...
Old 12-11-2020, 12:17 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
All these “chalk” cars look gorgeous to me because they all look white! I haven’t seen one photo that looks chalk. I guess I need to see one in person! Then again, when I think back to my school days where the teacher wrote with chalk on the slate blackboard, the chalk was white...hmmm...
Lol, your white looks chalk in your avatar too.

Quick Reply: The Official Chalk Color Thread