Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023 | 04:06 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BoxKing
If I were you, I'd call said dealerships back with your inquiry on a GTS. Best question to ask is if they're expecting to apply an ADM to their current/future allocations, and if excepting you to pay an ADM will put you in on their preferred list (money talks) - but keep in mind, these so called lists are BS. They resort to the lists when they call their regulars, and they decline an allocation for whatever reason. Once you find out what dealers are expecting in ADM, and whats livable to you... reach out to @bpeacock (Broker), and see what he can get you into within your budget.

Last thing you want to do is be tied down to your local dealerships that cant/wont get you into your P-Car... but they will always open the door for you when you need service!
I agree with this and would simply reach @bpeacock to inquire about a configurable GTS allocation at MSRP or slightly above.
The following 2 users liked this post by Patrick3000:
bpeacock (06-20-2023), stinster (06-22-2023)
Old 06-20-2023 | 04:36 PM
Digger38
Intermediate

I too had to accelerate my CGTS4.0 plans when I learned about the last of the full ICE versions in 2024. Have been out of the P-Car Club for 30 years and local dealerships, while being very polite, were not very encouraging about getting an allocation given their VIP customers with whom they regularly do business (understandable). I was told I was on a few lists with CA dealerships and also with some of my local dealerships here in H-Town, but again there just wasn't much confidence coming to me that anything was going to happen. Contacted @bpeacock and he was able to find me a CGTS4.0 allocation with a CA dealership. Paid a finder's fee and agreed to $5K ADM.

As fate would have it, one of my local dealerships called me a few weeks ago indicating he had a CGTS4.0 allocation for me at MSRP. Great SA but one of the guys that never gave me any real hope this would happen. Anyway, I know business is business, but I was happy with the deal I cut with @bpeacock and the SA in CA so really didn't think too hard about switching up. Not a wealthy guy, and hate leaving money on the table; however, I don't hate that as much as not getting what I want! My 2024 CGTS4.0 locks in a few days and is set for October delivery. Good luck to all trying to secure an allocation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Digger38:
bpeacock (06-20-2023), bulkychipmonk (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023 | 05:11 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BoxKing
If I were you, I'd call said dealerships back with your inquiry on a GTS. Best question to ask is if they're expecting to apply an ADM to their current/future allocations, and if excepting you to pay an ADM will put you in on their preferred list (money talks) - but keep in mind, these so called lists are BS. They resort to the lists when they call their regulars, and they decline an allocation for whatever reason. Once you find out what dealers are expecting in ADM, and whats livable to you... reach out to @bpeacock (Broker), and see what he can get you into within your budget.

Last thing you want to do is be tied down to your local dealerships that cant/wont get you into your P-Car... but they will always open the door for you when you need service!
Originally Posted by Patrick3000
I agree with this and would simply reach @bpeacock to inquire about a configurable GTS allocation at MSRP or slightly above.
Originally Posted by Digger38
I too had to accelerate my CGTS4.0 plans when I learned about the last of the full ICE versions in 2024. Have been out of the P-Car Club for 30 years and local dealerships, while being very polite, were not very encouraging about getting an allocation given their VIP customers with whom they regularly do business (understandable). I was told I was on a few lists with CA dealerships and also with some of my local dealerships here in H-Town, but again there just wasn't much confidence coming to me that anything was going to happen. Contacted @bpeacock and he was able to find me a CGTS4.0 allocation with a CA dealership. Paid a finder's fee and agreed to $5K ADM.

As fate would have it, one of my local dealerships called me a few weeks ago indicating he had a CGTS4.0 allocation for me at MSRP. Great SA but one of the guys that never gave me any real hope this would happen. Anyway, I know business is business, but I was happy with the deal I cut with @bpeacock and the SA in CA so really didn't think too hard about switching up. Not a wealthy guy, and hate leaving money on the table; however, I don't hate that as much as not getting what I want! My 2024 CGTS4.0 locks in a few days and is set for October delivery. Good luck to all trying to secure an allocation.
Thanks for all of the recommendations!! Anyone still needing an allocation feel free to text or email me: 813 838 8758 / ben@bpmotorcars.com

I'd love to assist if I can!
(813) 838-8758
The following 3 users liked this post by bpeacock:
bulkychipmonk (06-20-2023), kes7u (06-25-2023), kwikit356 (06-26-2023)
Old 06-20-2023 | 06:07 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by bulkychipmonk
MSRP deals seem to widely vary. Based on what I’ve read on Rennlist, it would seem you have the best chance of scoring a MSRP allocation with a local dealer. I was lucky enough to get one myself, and I had ended up getting myself on two local dealer “lists”. This was 2022, and I’m wondering now — with the Spyder/GT4 discontinued — if MSRP deals might be harder to come by. I think the general
approach suggested here has been, call as many dealers as you can, be upfront about what you’re willing to pay, and see if you can get some traction. If you’re willing to pay ADM, I’ve seen some allocations come up through brokers on this board too.
I was able to get mine at MSRP but I had to agree to finance through Porsche Financial and purchase the tire and wheel protection package along with Xpel PPF. The good news is I was going to get Xpel anyway and the dealer uses a reputable shop for the install. I checked pricing with other PPF shops and what the dealer charged me was only $500 more than my lowest quote for a full front end package. Most were $2500 - $3000. I paid $2900. To me this was a better option than paying $5k or $6k ADM and not getting anything for my money but an allocation. The tire and wheel protection package was $1800 but it’s cancelable so there’s that. Considering it’s good for 5 years and also covers body dings and lost keys as well, I will probably just keep it in case I ever have something like that happen. I am also having the Xpel shop do some extra PPF for me; rockers, A-pillars and rear bumper along with Xpel tint and paying them directly for that work, which was reasonably priced for what I am getting. All in all, I am happy with the deal I got and glad I got one of the last 23’s available. I closed my deal a few days ago and picking the car up from the Xpel shop this week. I did a lot of hunting to find this deal across the two states I reside in; CA and FL and it took 7 months of waiting. Luckily a FL dealer came through for me :-)
Old 06-20-2023 | 06:34 PM
Digger38
Intermediate

Nice! Did you order via the allocation or find a 23 already spec'd?
Old 06-20-2023 | 06:50 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Digger38
Nice! Did you order via the allocation or find a 23 already spec'd?
Got a ‘23 allocation in March. Build had locked April 4. I am still in shock how fast it was built and shipped after reading about all the stories of delays. I guess things just luckily fell into place. I know they all don't go that smooth and I wasn’t expecting it to. The Track Your Dream site was also fun to watch and the dates kept getting pushed out and out and then they came back in so that was interesting to see as well. Original shipping date was set for July and got pulled up to last week of May. The longest wait was when the car sat at the port in Emden, which was a little over 2 weeks I believe.
Old 06-20-2023 | 06:59 PM
Silversurfr
Intermediate

I started with the “list” strategy for a year. Didn’t work. In March I got laughed out of my two local dealerships, one I am a current customer with, looking for an allocation. Went out to my car and called every dealership within 100 miles. Found the right guy at one and gave him my code. My inquiry was an order for my 2024 CGTS in a week. Build freeze tomorrow. Delivery December. Just a tad over MSRP. Call and ask until you get what you want.
The following 2 users liked this post by Silversurfr:
Clark_Kent (06-23-2023), santiago660 (06-25-2023)
Old 06-20-2023 | 07:27 PM
Digger38
Intermediate

Congrats Gents! Trust me, someone is going to get shutout. I overpaid (a bit), but I don't live with regrets about it - it was way worth it to me (based on the feedback I was getting from local dealerships) to not be one of those who will get shutout. BTW, looking at 2022-2023 CGTS4.0's with 5K miles selling for $115K - $120K around here. Saw a brand new 911 4S Targa the other day - guy ordered it with a sticker of $150K. Car would sell tomorrow easily for $220K. You guys get one of those allocations, I will really be impressed! Enjoy - life is short!
Old 06-20-2023 | 09:54 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Silversurfr
I started with the “list” strategy for a year. Didn’t work. In March I got laughed out of my two local dealerships, one I am a current customer with, looking for an allocation. Went out to my car and called every dealership within 100 miles. Found the right guy at one and gave him my code. My inquiry was an order for my 2024 CGTS in a week. Build freeze tomorrow. Delivery December. Just a tad over MSRP. Call and ask until you get what you want.
For what it’s worth, I got laughed out of a few dealerships too. And I also got the “Well if you buy a CPO Macan or Cayenne, maybe we can get you an 911 or Cayman allocation later” treatment.
Old 06-25-2023 | 08:13 PM
mixolydian23
Advanced

I called around 30 Northeast dealers looking for a Cayman GTS 4.0. The handful that had one were asking for ADMs between $10k and 25% of MSRP. I was about to swallow the $10k when I got a response from a dealer a few hundred miles away.

We agreed I’d have to buy a 2nd year of prepaid maintenance and the protection plan for wheels and dings. Seems like it will be around $5k. I would have preferred PPF but at least I’m getting something for that money.
Old 06-25-2023 | 08:23 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mixolydian23
I called around 30 Northeast dealers looking for a Cayman GTS 4.0. The handful that had one were asking for ADMs between $10k and 25% of MSRP. I was about to swallow the $10k when I got a response from a dealer a few hundred miles away.

We agreed I’d have to buy a 2nd year of prepaid maintenance and the protection plan for wheels and dings. Seems like it will be around $5k. I would have preferred PPF but at least I’m getting something for that money.
FYI, I think you can cancel the wheel and tire stuff later and get a prorated refund.
The following users liked this post:
mixolydian23 (06-25-2023)
Old 06-25-2023 | 08:24 PM
mixolydian23
Advanced

Originally Posted by raymort
FYI, I think you can cancel the wheel and tire stuff later and get a prorated refund.
That would be ideal.
Old 06-26-2023 | 05:49 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I do have a BGTS4.0 allocation from a northeast dealer. Can do 7.5k over MSRP total including first two years of maintenance and some Porsche equipment (mats, battery tender, etc.) Delivery in the first week of October.
Old 06-27-2023 | 12:56 AM
adsingl
Instructor

If you're really serious, either get a broker OR put in the time to call dealers all over the country and ask the msrp/adm question up front. There are folks dropping out over the economy/interest rates, so if you're not building a dream spec these - on a GTS40 go quickly and not usually at ADM, depending on the market.

ADS
The following users liked this post:
welikethetrack (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023 | 02:11 AM
Manual991
Racer

Originally Posted by adsingl
If you're really serious, either get a broker OR put in the time to call dealers all over the country and ask the msrp/adm question up front. There are folks dropping out over the economy/interest rates, so if you're not building a dream spec these - on a GTS40 go quickly and not usually at ADM, depending on the market.

ADS
This is sound advice. I was on a list to potentially get a CGTS in 24. My SA called me one afternoon and someone had bailed at the last minute and offered me an allocation. It had to lock that day tho so I only had a couple of hours to decide. The waived the 10K ADM so I grabbed it. Luckily, I had built the configuration over and over...and over so I was ready to order. I would have preferred a more relaxed process but msrp vs 10k adm made it worth a stressful afternoon..
The following 4 users liked this post by Manual991:
adsingl (06-27-2023), Bearrun21 (06-27-2023), Corgi171 (07-02-2023), rp2000r (06-27-2023)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker