Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2023 | 10:57 PM
adsingl
Instructor

Default Wow! Car in less than a year!

Several factors I'm sure. I have zero Porsche dealer history for my order. My car is a GT4, and although a premium dealer, I expect they still get way less allocations than FL, West coast, etc. But for ref: Demand order 3rd week of Aug 2021. Allocation late Nov 2022. Car is built and at port. If I catch a boat should have it late May.

Congrats on your car!

ADS

Originally Posted by lakshman
I had ordered my Cayman GTS 4.0 in July 2022 with Porsche of Fremont, received the allocation in January 2023 and just got word on the completion of production. Expected to receive on June 5th. Super excited!
Specs: Manual transmission, Aventurin Green, Almost no additional options

Old 04-21-2023 | 12:10 AM
RedRockTaylor
4th Gear

Originally Posted by chapmans
I was able to find MSRP cayman and boxster gts 4.0 allocations about 2 to 3 weeks ago. It required 2 days of contacting various dealerships.
Any advice on how you talked them down to MSRP? This being my first time ever working with dealerships for a new car it’s been rough talking shop once the ADM comes up.
Old 04-21-2023 | 12:17 AM
kmh0277
Rennlist Member

You don't talk them down to MSRP. They offer you MSRP or you haggle other options PPF, service plans, etc.

Buying a Macan on the side is not talking them down to MSRP.

Last edited by kmh0277; 04-21-2023 at 12:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023 | 07:32 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FalconSix
A lot of people tried to get me to not order it. The owner of the dealership actually wouldn’t allow it at first for fear that if I backed out it would be hard to sell.

But in person it’s incredible. Especially out in the sun when the RY has more of a bright yellow hue than inside with the darker yellow.
What the hell kind of happy horse**** is this? If people can spec python green with red interiors and yellow calipers, the "owner" shouldn't be weighing in on what you can/can't spec at all.

Glad it worked out, but that **** would send my blood pressure to dangerous levels.

Originally Posted by kmh0277
You don't talk them down to MSRP. They offer you MSRP or you haggle other options PPF, service plans, etc.

Buying a Macan on the side is not talking them down to MSRP.
Yeah, you have to really watch out for "MSRP" dealers. They will find another way to get their money. For me, it was trade in value. I'm convinced I paid a "hidden ADM".

That's just capitalism. You can't do anything about it, because there are other people lining up to pay it. It's tough to even fault the dealers honestly...
Old 04-21-2023 | 11:21 AM
TubaFreak
Instructor

My allocation is at an MSRP dealer. They did try to tack on full PPF and I think interior protection stuff when I put my deposit down over a year ago, but after talking to the GM I was able to take those off. Granted I still had to wait for my number to be called, but I'm just lucky I was able to get in before the MY2024 change and configurator option removals. So it's possible, but be prepared to wait and definitely get everything in writing. I don't expect them to pull any shady stuff come delivery day, but at least I have those signed documents ahead of time.
Old 04-21-2023 | 12:16 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by lakshman
I had ordered my Cayman GTS 4.0 in July 2022 with Porsche of Fremont, received the allocation in January 2023 and just got word on the completion of production. Expected to receive on June 5th. Super excited!
Specs: Manual transmission, Aventurin Green, Almost no additional options

Congrats! Hopefully we see each other on the road or at a meet one day!
Old 04-21-2023 | 01:42 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TubaFreak
My allocation is at an MSRP dealer. They did try to tack on full PPF and I think interior protection stuff when I put my deposit down over a year ago, but after talking to the GM I was able to take those off. Granted I still had to wait for my number to be called, but I'm just lucky I was able to get in before the MY2024 change and configurator option removals. So it's possible, but be prepared to wait and definitely get everything in writing. I don't expect them to pull any shady stuff come delivery day, but at least I have those signed documents ahead of time.
Yeah I'm actually kind of surprised, as some dealers will ghost you if you don't have a trade that they can rip you off with. That's a pretty good deal, from what it looks like ADMs are becoming back in fashion recently, especially now that there is documented evidence that would-be GT4/Spyder buyers are looking to get into the GTS 4.0.
Old 04-21-2023 | 08:03 PM
TubaFreak
Instructor

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Yeah I'm actually kind of surprised, as some dealers will ghost you if you don't have a trade that they can rip you off with. That's a pretty good deal, from what it looks like ADMs are becoming back in fashion recently, especially now that there is documented evidence that would-be GT4/Spyder buyers are looking to get into the GTS 4.0.
Agreed. I got in line right before things got crazy, the general public caught on, and dealers started going into panic mode. I'm just glad the dealer has stuck to their word (so far at least) , that certainly goes a long way in my book.
Old 04-26-2023 | 03:11 PM
NS_MACAN_GTS
Advanced

I found an allocation last week. Paid MSRP for the car but the dealer asked me to buy the prepaid service for years 2 and 3 which added ~2500 to the cost. Given what I have seen/heard regarding ADM's this seemed pretty reasonable to me, particularly given that my car will be MY 2023 and avoid the price increase.
The following 4 users liked this post by NS_MACAN_GTS:
brock256 (04-26-2023), SmallCapTrader (04-27-2023), sonicworld (04-26-2023), yellolab (04-26-2023)
Old 04-26-2023 | 03:28 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NS_MACAN_GTS
I found an allocation last week. Paid MSRP for the car but the dealer asked me to buy the prepaid service for years 2 and 3 which added ~2500 to the cost. Given what I have seen/heard regarding ADM's this seemed pretty reasonable to me, particularly given that my car will be MY 2023 and avoid the price increase.
For a GTS I assume? Still a fantastic deal in my opinion
Old 04-26-2023 | 03:35 PM
NS_MACAN_GTS
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lucifer
For a GTS I assume? Still a fantastic deal in my opinion
Yes for a Boxter GTS 4.0. Cannot wait to get the car, here is my build if your interested.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRQ9FNB7
brock256 (04-26-2023)
Old 04-26-2023 | 03:50 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NS_MACAN_GTS
Yes for a Boxter GTS 4.0. Cannot wait to get the car, here is my build if your interested.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRQ9FNB7
Really nice build, things I would have changed, but it is of-course a matter of taste:
- Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cognac: It is superb. I think it is one of the best options available for the 718.
- 18 ways: are a must in my opinion. The 2 ways just don't offer enough adjustment. Personally I am super OCD about driving position so it would drive me crazy not being able to return to my saved position (which is the case in my upcoming Spyder, not happy about it)
- Steering Column Casing in Leather: personally I think it is worth the price
Charles Everson (05-14-2023)
Old 04-26-2023 | 03:58 PM
brock256
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Really nice build, things I would have changed, but it is of-course a matter of taste:
- Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cognac: It is superb. I think it is one of the best options available for the 718.
- 18 ways: are a must in my opinion. The 2 ways just don't offer enough adjustment. Personally I am super OCD about driving position so it would drive me crazy not being able to return to my saved position (which is the case in my upcoming Spyder, not happy about it)
- Steering Column Casing in Leather: personally I think it is worth the price
Different strokes...I kind of wish my Spyder had 2-ways -- I really want a lower seating position than the lowest the 18-ways will go, and also I'm tall-ish with tight garage space, so I spend 10 seconds moving my seat fore/aft every time I get in/out (I find this adjustment much quicker and less fiddly in my 944 which has manual adjustments). But 000 spec was only available with buckets or 18-ways, and I'm not a bucket guy for non-track cars. The 18-ways are still very good, so it was an OK compromise for me. And maybe once I spend some time dialing in the other 16-ways I'll like them more, but for now any time those keys are in my pocket I'm using the time to put the top down, hop in, and drive .

Of course, GTS will have memory with the 18-ways, which makes the fore and aft adjustment somewhat less fiddly, but still much slower than it would be manually.

Last edited by brock256; 04-26-2023 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2023 | 04:07 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brock256
Different strokes...I kind of wish my Spyder had 2-ways -- I really want a lower seating position than the lowest the 18-ways will go, and also I'm tall-ish with tight garage space, so I spend 10 seconds moving my seat fore/aft every time I get in/out (I find this adjustment much quicker and less fiddly in my 944 which has manual adjustments). But 000 spec was only available with buckets or 18-ways, and I'm not a bucket guy for non-track cars. The 18-ways are still very good, so it was an OK compromise for me. And maybe once I spend some time dialing in the other 16-ways I'll like them more, but for now any time those keys are in my pocket I'm using the time to put the top down, hop in, and drive .

Of course, GTS will have memory with the 18-ways, which makes the fore and aft adjustment somewhat less fiddly, but still much slower than it would be manually.
I am so jealous on the 000 interior! I tried to ask for it but my SA said it will increase the build by an absurd amount, something like 30k.
And yeah, the seats discussion is 100% a matter of body type.
Old 04-26-2023 | 06:36 PM
FalconSix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manifold danger
What the hell kind of happy horse**** is this? If people can spec python green with red interiors and yellow calipers, the "owner" shouldn't be weighing in on what you can/can't spec at all.

Glad it worked out, but that **** would send my blood pressure to dangerous levels.

I was more surprised than upset actually. And the sales guy I work with is great so I just chatted with him about it and was able to get the spec worked out how I wanted... except for no PTS Acid Green

But I got it at MSRP so I am not complaining about anything.

Last edited by FalconSix; 04-26-2023 at 06:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker