Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: How are you going to spec your 718 GT4?
Stripper
26.70%
Well Equipped
54.45%
Fully Optioned
18.85%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

718 GT4 Build Specs - Let's see them

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 07:24 PM
zerofighter
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of questions on spec;
  • Power folding mirrors - I thought the sport design mirrors are non-power folding unless this changed recently?
  • Auto dimming mirrors with rain sensor - Anyone know if the frame-less rear view mirror is similar to the Audi one?
  • Lighting package - Hard to find any good info on this, it is a somewhat cheap Porsche option.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:13 AM
Teo
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zerofighter
Couple of questions on spec;
  • Power folding mirrors - I thought the sport design mirrors are non-power folding unless this changed recently?
  • Auto dimming mirrors with rain sensor - Anyone know if the frame-less rear view mirror is similar to the Audi one?
  • Lighting package - Hard to find any good info on this, it is a somewhat cheap Porsche option.
The GT4 has 718 standard mirrors, no change in the design if you get it. I optioned it.

I made same question to my Porsche center, it seems that won’t be frameless as Audi one. I optioned since it’s very useful in night drive. I think is a combo with Led pdls.

About Light package I don’t know, but since is cheap I optioned it.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:26 AM
Johisco
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I never thought about specing out the car with the base dash and door panels, adding the carbon package then getting the DB Carbon door inserts, that's a great way to save $3000 and avoid having the leather surfaces. If I go with a stripper build, this seems like a great route to go.
What is DB Carbon door inserts? I would love to go base interior and have carbon fiber on the doors as well and not only dash trim and around center console. Can´t find anything that will give me cf door trim on the configurator, maybe differences US and Europe?
Old 08-07-2019, 06:43 AM
Zey
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spyder

Hi guys

For those of you considering a spyder, would you go with the Sport bucket Seats or the Full Bucket Seats?
I have the full buckets in my GT4 and love them but just feel that the sport buckets suit the spyder more, especially for the seat heating function.
This is the spec i'm looking at at the moment.
This is in South Africa
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Spyder.docx (1.04 MB, 98 views)

Last edited by Zey; 08-07-2019 at 06:49 AM. Reason: to add image
Old 08-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Boxster7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zey

Hi guys

For those of you considering a spyder, would you go with the Sport bucket Seats or the Full Bucket Seats?
I have the full buckets in my GT4 and love them but just feel that the sport buckets suit the spyder more, especially for the seat heating function.
This is the spec i'm looking at at the moment.
This is in South Africa

I have the Sport buckets in my 981 Spyder and love them..... I would definitely chose them again in a Spyder as i use the heated seats loads !!
They look cool too.

Ironically I have just put in my order for a new GT4, that will have full unheated buckets...

BTW Nice spec :-)
The following users liked this post:
Zey (08-09-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Johisco
Instructor

Maybe move this thread to 718 GT4 forum, this seem to be under 981 now?
Old 08-07-2019, 11:42 AM
flatt6
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Is it possible to create a poll for the members to vote on whether we need to have two separate GT4 forums at this time? I don't think it makes a lot of sense right now. Perhaps in the future if it proves out the 718 platform requires a separate forum, so be it. The two platforms however seem to share quite a bit and the new car isn't going to arrive for many of us for another year.
The following 2 users liked this post by flatt6:
jasonturbo (08-10-2019), sonorous (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Johisco
Instructor

Originally Posted by flatt6
Is it possible to create a poll for the members to vote on whether we need to have two separate GT4 forums at this time? I don't think it makes a lot of sense right now. Perhaps in the future if it proves out the 718 platform requires a separate forum, so be it. The two platforms however seem to share quite a bit and the new car isn't going to arrive for many of us for another year.
That too but at least move this one from 987/981 to 718 where it belongs.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:08 PM
flatt6
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Johisco
That too but at least move this one from 987/981 to 718 where it belongs.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:03 AM
Zey
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxster7
I have the Sport buckets in my 981 Spyder and love them..... I would definitely chose them again in a Spyder as i use the heated seats loads !!
They look cool too.

Ironically I have just put in my order for a new GT4, that will have full unheated buckets...

BTW Nice spec :-)

Thank you
Old 08-09-2019, 02:03 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Johisco
What is DB Carbon door inserts? I would love to go base interior and have carbon fiber on the doors as well and not only dash trim and around center console. Can´t find anything that will give me cf door trim on the configurator, maybe differences US and Europe?
Basically cf overlays that stick onto and cover the strip of door trim that is either cf, Al, or vinyl I think on the base interior package. When you go with the leather interior, the cf package gives you cf on the dash, center console AND the door trim. On the base interior the cf package only covers the center and dash.

Search DB carbon, think there's a thread in the GT3 forum....
Old 08-09-2019, 08:06 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Basically cf overlays that stick onto and cover the strip of door trim that is either cf, Al, or vinyl I think on the base interior package. When you go with the leather interior, the cf package gives you cf on the dash, center console AND the door trim. On the base interior the cf package only covers the center and dash.

Search DB carbon, think there's a thread in the GT3 forum....
The DB Carbon pieces are not overlays, they are actual pieces made out of carbon design to replace the trim on your car. You can choose gloss, matte of colored carbon from a myriad of trim pieces found on almost all P cars.

https://www.dbcarbon.com/
Old 08-10-2019, 01:18 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The DB Carbon pieces are not overlays, they are actual pieces made out of carbon design to replace the trim on your car. You can choose gloss, matte of colored carbon from a myriad of trim pieces found on almost all P cars.

https://www.dbcarbon.com/
I think that's true of most of their pieces but specifically I believe the door trim pieces are overlays applied with double sided tape. The door panels are one piece so there's no easy way to swap just the door trim afaik
Old 08-10-2019, 07:24 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
I think that's true of most of their pieces but specifically I believe the door trim pieces are overlays applied with double sided tape. The door panels are one piece so there's no easy way to swap just the door trim afaik
This would be for the non-leather cars right?
Old 08-21-2019, 02:19 AM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 104 Posts

Anyone still want the 718? Haha

I've tweaked my build a bit: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLABHRG4

Debating on the non-led lights. Also removed sport chrono in this build.

Is sport chrono really a must have?

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 Build Specs - Let's see them