Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: How are you going to spec your 718 GT4?
Stripper
26.70%
Well Equipped
54.45%
Fully Optioned
18.85%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

718 GT4 Build Specs - Let's see them

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 02:25 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
Anyone still want the 718? Haha

I've tweaked my build a bit: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLABHRG4

Debating on the non-led lights. Also removed sport chrono in this build.

Is sport chrono really a must have?
To be honest I've forgotten about the 718 GT4. I was supposed to be #2 on the list for the car, no word from the dealer yet on allocations. If you drive often at night I'd go with the LED headlights, if not then the bi-xenon are good enough. Also when spending $114k on a build, I'd opt for the Sport Chrono for the aesthetics of the clock. The C8 Corvette has my attention and deposit... I'm also interested in the upcoming Z06
Old 08-21-2019, 07:22 AM
works_team
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 56 Posts

I like your build, very clean, good value-for-money, not much I would remove.

I have added sport chrono to mine but am unsure whether I will have an effective use for it. It just seemed odd not to have SC in a GT car (to me). I opted out of the light package, however.

Also took the bi-xenon (work very well on my Macan).
Old 08-21-2019, 07:45 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

On the 981 the SC did nothing for performance so if you plan to use the Porsche App at the track then you need it...or if you like a really expensive clock in the middle of the dash.
Aesthetically on the 981 it looks better where it's located. I think it was also more $$$$ on the 981 vs 718 GT4.
On the 718 GT4 is located more like on a 911 and IMO looks a bit weird with the new A/C vent arrangement.
The only thing we don't know is if it will do anything extra performance wise if you choose PDK....probably not.
On the lights, depends where and when you use the car. My car rarely goes out at night and I don't mind the regular lights, so I just skip all the hi-tech lighting options which force me to get the light washers (don't like the look of the washer nipples on the bumper)....I save some extra weight and $$$$.

Last edited by jmartpr; 08-21-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:24 AM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 153 Posts

My 981 GT4 spec is identical to the fully optioned less Miami blue (mine is Sapphire), Bose, LED lights, fire extinguisher, aluminum pedals, smoking package, and Apple Carplay. Plus my stitching is yellow, my steering wheel is alcantara, and I have the yellow steering wheel orientation ring. My MSRP was $117k. Interestingly the new price isn't that bad in comparison.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:36 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

On the 981 GT4 the Sport Chrono cost $1280 but did not have all the features of the one offered on the GT3.
Is the 718 full function?
Old 09-29-2019, 07:49 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
On the 981 GT4 the Sport Chrono cost $1280 but did not have all the features of the one offered on the GT3.
Is the 718 full function?

If you plan to use it for the track with the Porsche App...I would skip SC and get a AIM Solo 2 DL with a smartycam HD.....
Old 01-03-2020, 10:31 AM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 996C2S

Does anyone know specifically what differences the Trim Packages really make (codes CLP and CGT)? The Porsche website doesn't include any pictures and the description isn't great. I'm guessing the dashboard end trim is the part of the dash that's only visible when the door is open. No idea about the door trim package though!
Old 01-03-2020, 11:31 AM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by arcamalpha
Does anyone know specifically what differences the Trim Packages really make (codes CLP and CGT)? The Porsche website doesn't include any pictures and the description isn't great. I'm guessing the dashboard end trim is the part of the dash that's only visible when the door is open. No idea about the door trim package though!
I went through this with my sales guy and Porsche. The website is actually accurate. But it all depends on the other options you select. For example, if you select option 58 (leather/alcantara with deviated stitching), a lot of it includes things like the door leather and thus the door leather or dash leather options only add minimal gain for the price.

For the dashboard:
  • Dashboard end trims (part with door open)
  • Windscreen defroster panel (the panel right up against the windshield. If you tick the box for deviated stitching and then check this box, you can see the picture change ever so slightly right at the windshield line to include stitching/leather)
  • Dashboard center speaker and vent trim (the part around the sport chrono adds stitching)
The rest of the dashboard is already leather with option 58.

For the Doors, it's a similar story. The top (right by the window) gets different leather, the bottom/middle above the arm rest gets alcantara. Part numbers 8 and 9 in this diagram I believe also get leather.

In short, if you get the deviated stitching/leather/alcantara option (58), these two options don't add much. The door is mostly covered already. The dash options adds the trim so far out of the way that's it's not something you ever touch/see unless outside the car.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:34 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by arcamalpha

The Dash trim package includes the defroster vent section, center speaker and the side plates (2)at the end of the dash...they are all covered in leather with matching stitching.
The Door Trim includes extra leather in the door airbag section. Leather in the windows front triangle and some extra leather in the rear section of the door, which you don't see when closed...photos below.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:34 PM
SK991.2
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm surprised so many people are opting for Full Bucket seats..
I've driven them on street and track in a 991.2 GT3... fine once seated..
but PIA getting in and out of.. especially for wife. as there's no door handle to grab onto
to get in and out..
I'd like to be able to almost DD my GT4 so I'm going with 18 ways....
Old 01-03-2020, 02:05 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm looking at this as a third, weekend car. And I want a true sense of occasion when I drive it. Plus, I've driven a 981 GT4 with the LWBs and I find them comfortable. It also appears that 981 GT4s with sport seats and not buckets tend to sit longer on the market.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:34 PM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Blackholescion and jmartpr - thanks, really helpful.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:49 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SK991.2
I'm surprised so many people are opting for Full Bucket seats..
I've driven them on street and track in a 991.2 GT3... fine once seated..
but PIA getting in and out of.. especially for wife. as there's no door handle to grab onto
to get in and out..
I'd like to be able to almost DD my GT4 so I'm going with 18 ways....

Same thing happened on the 981 GT4.....IMO...first there's no question 18-ways or Sport Plus seats are more comfortable than LWBS. No matter how you sugar coat it's a fact.
Then there are two camps on this..... those that do need or can't live without LWBS (track users mostly) and the ones that says "It's a GT car, AP says to get LWBS so God forbids you spec anything else!".
Whatever you chose just make sure it's what works for you and you want on your car..not what the other GT owner says or the next owner may like.

My 981 GT4 was spec with Sport Plus 2-way seats because at the time my main use was for a weekend car my wife and I could enjoy....she tried the LWBS and gave me the look of "don't you dare ordering them!" :-)
My used for the GT4 has changed and the 718 GT4 will be spec with LWBS...we can always use any of our other cars for the weekend drive but I wanted a bit better support as I'm back at the track as a PCA Instructor.

As for desirability for a future sale....that depends. Thanks to those owners that all wanted LWBS now my car is one of the few available for sale with sofas and there are plenty of customers out there that don't want (or can't have) the LWBS for various reasons..

Last edited by jmartpr; 01-04-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:35 AM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Anyone know how much weight the clubsport pack adds?
Old 01-15-2020, 06:51 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

My dealer says he got me an allocation, trying to get further details, but here's my current build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLPGPRS1

Any suggestions or feedback? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 Build Specs - Let's see them