Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LWBS Passenger Entry Method - any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 06:05 PM
MGIN
AutoX

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LWBS Passenger Entry Method - any suggestions?

I have a new to me 2022 Spyder with LWBS. I have figured out based on posts and trial/error a method for getting in and out of the driver’s seat without issue. While recently installing a phone mount, I had to get into the passenger seat. Without a steering wheel to hold onto, it wasn’t easy/smooth. I was trying not to put my hands all over the dashboard or use the console cover as a push point. Any suggestions on how to explain to my wife how to get in and out of the LWBS so she wants to go for a ride more often than not? I have been told that this is a problem that I may not want to solve but thought I would ask. I searched threads and forums on here to no avail. Please direct me to an answer if the thread already exists. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:17 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,549 Likes on 863 Posts

I personally find it's easier to get in and out of them on the passenger side. That being said, if your wife is trying to do it without using her hands that's where the issue lies. Have her put her right hand on the bolster (if you have bolster covers) or if not, on the door sill. Put left leg in and then pivot the butt over the bolster and then into the seat. Then lift right leg over and you're in. Because the steering wheel is not there, there's more room in front of her to move about so it shouldn't be too bad.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xxyion:
Dr.Bill (01-24-2023), MGIN (01-23-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 06:28 PM
MGIN
AutoX

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I personally find it's easier to get in and out of them on the passenger side. That being said, if your wife is trying to do it without using her hands that's where the issue lies. Have her put her right hand on the bolster (if you have bolster covers) or if not, on the door sill. Put left leg in and then pivot the butt over the bolster and then into the seat. Then lift right leg over and you're in. Because the steering wheel is not there, there's more room in front of her to move about so it shouldn't be too bad.
I do have bolster covers and do want her to use her hands but didn’t know where to suggest she put them to get in and out. I will try this and see how it works. I know I can figure it out with her but wanted to see what has worked for others. Thanks for sharing what works for you.
The following users liked this post:
Xxyion (01-23-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 06:32 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,549 Likes on 863 Posts

My girlfriend also just told me she likes to put her butt in first and then just swing both legs around. Unsure on where you guys are on the age scale but we are a spry middle 37 year old couple so that might work in our favor haha.
MGIN (01-23-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 07:04 PM
aclicky
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

my SA told me to do the butt in first method and use door sill bottom, steering wheel and/or arm rest of door to get in as leverage.
MGIN (01-23-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 01:30 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

As above - use the outside hand on the bolster, covers or not. Then the inside leg, while holding your body above the seat. Then pivot and lower yourself in. You never rub on the bolster to cause any wear.
I do not and would not recommend using the steering wheel as a grab handle!
To exit, put the outside hand on the door sill and the inside hand on the edge of the center console. Push your butt up, outside leg out, pivot out without touching bolster.
Simple. And easier than a McLaren or Lotus!
MGIN (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 07:44 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,142 Likes on 642 Posts

Yeah, if I showed my wife this thread there is zero chance she would EVER give her blessing for getting these seats.

Why just go all in and get one of these?

Old 01-25-2023, 12:44 PM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

And if your passengers wear a shorter dress, they need to choose undergarment selections carefully.
BabyNSX (01-28-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 05:27 PM
aclicky
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Not sure if this goes without saying but move the seats to farthest position from front and adjust while in seat
MGIN (01-25-2023)

Quick Reply: LWBS Passenger Entry Method - any suggestions?