Paint Scheme Inspirations

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 11:26 PM
b-grif
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Paint Scheme Inspirations

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to jazz up the car a bit. There's a guy down in San Antonio that does good vinyl work, so I'm looking for inspiration. The suncoast 718 is pretty badass, but I also drive my car every day so the full race car look probably isn't my jam. What other styles have you seen that are cool looking?
Old 01-05-2021, 08:59 PM
smilin
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 152 Posts
Default check out the rennlist home page :)

https://rennlist.com/wp-content/uplo...race-car-1.jpg

The following users liked this post:
b-grif (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 09:00 PM
Spyderman2
Instructor

Received 198 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm struggling to decide same thing. Here are three options I'm looking at for my Spyder that arrives in 3 weeks. Opinions welcome.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:19 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 583 Posts

Alternate view - keep it simple - our cars are subtly beautiful - the appeal is all in the graceful flow of the design as a whole. Loud stripes are for Camaros. Something small and tasteful like the factory options or similar can add a nice touch, but anything more detracts from the car - like a beautiful woman with too much make-up.

Track/race cars are a whole different animal - go wild there. If I had a track car, I'd go all in Gulf, Martini or Pink Pig.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:34 PM
b-grif
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Alternate view - keep it simple - our cars are subtly beautiful - the appeal is all in the graceful flow of the design as a whole. Loud stripes are for Camaros. Something small and tasteful like the factory options or similar can add a nice touch, but anything more detracts from the car - like a beautiful woman with too much make-up.

Track/race cars are a whole different animal - go wild there. If I had a track car, I'd go all in Gulf, Martini or Pink Pig.
I definitely agree, that's why I was looking for what people were doing. Hard to find something subtle and good.
The following users liked this post:
Rfwii (01-27-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 01:59 PM
SunnySF
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I like what this person has done to their Cayman:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1...kd6AmEI1OsiWww

Old 01-06-2021, 09:28 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ldamelio

I agree with this. I haven't and won't put anything extra on mine, but the best I've seen have gone for stripes in a matte finish the same colour as the car.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:34 PM
b-grif
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SunnySF
I like what this person has done to their Cayman:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1...kd6AmEI1OsiWww
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2021, 05:48 AM
Mozella55
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 114 Posts

If you want to jazz up your car, spend two hundred bucks on the equipment required for paint correction and teach yourself how to do it. It's not rocket surgery. Not every mouth-breather can do it, but any mouth-breather who can read is capable.

Then do a really nice job on your paint and protect it with the product of your choice, wax, ceramic coating, etc.

Keep your car clean and shiny.

I guarantee you that a nice car with perfect paint will turn more heads (the ones that count) than some boy-racer vinyl graphics.

On the other hand, if you decide vinyl is your cup of tea..................then go all out like this:

Quick Reply: Paint Scheme Inspirations