Ordered my 718 GT4 back to January, now having issue with dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 01:21 AM
rvdavid
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ordered my 718 GT4 back to January, now having issue with dealership

Hey folks

I put my order in at the beginning of this year - $5000 down payment and signed a contract. I'm in Los Angeles.
In March, due to the Virus thing - the dealership furloughed my sales. Now with many have been called back to work, she's still under temporary lay-off because she's kind new there and I'm possible her first real customer.
I asked my sales several times since May regarding the possible delay and production update, she couldn't answer me anything because she is "unable to login to the Porsche account management system." And she told me that she will ask the line manager to check with my update - but I never got a call from the manager neither.
I'm wondering what could happen to this case - what if she never gets called back to work and been terminated? Will I be still able to get my car? I called the dealership directly a few times and the only thing they're willing to help is transferring me over to her. And she isn't helping at all.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:24 AM
2018C718GTS
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rvdavid
Hey folks

I put my order in at the beginning of this year - $5000 down payment and signed a contract. I'm in Los Angeles.
In March, due to the Virus thing - the dealership furloughed my sales. Now with many have been called back to work, she's still under temporary lay-off because she's kind new there and I'm possible her first real customer.
I asked my sales several times since May regarding the possible delay and production update, she couldn't answer me anything because she is "unable to login to the Porsche account management system." And she told me that she will ask the line manager to check with my update - but I never got a call from the manager neither.
I'm wondering what could happen to this case - what if she never gets called back to work and been terminated? Will I be still able to get my car? I called the dealership directly a few times and the only thing they're willing to help is transferring me over to her. And she isn't helping at all.
she might have to just hope she gets her job back otherwise pray that somehow her states unemployment kicks in in time to feed her family. Good on you for worrying about her.
The following users liked this post:
The Pinkoboe (06-13-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 01:30 AM
rvdavid
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 2018C718GTS
she might have to just hope she gets her job back otherwise pray that somehow her states unemployment kicks in in time to feed her family. Good on you for worrying about her.
I guess I kinda worry about my car more than her? I just wanna get an update on the production.

But I guess my ultimate question would be:
1. Will I be still able to get my car even if she's terminated?
2. Is it true that you cannot log into their AM system and check production status if you aren't in the office? (Cuz I'm working in a secure facility and I got a VPN and RDP to access production tools all the time)
3. Is it possible to urge the dealership to change my sales? Or assign my case to other sales?
Old 06-13-2020, 02:49 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Do you have a commission number or did you just put a deposit down for a potential future allocation?

If you’re a new customer in LA, and you just put a deposit down this year, you likely don’t have a confirmed allocation. Just a spot on a list, which unfortunately isn’t a guarantee of anything.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:09 AM
rvdavid
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Do you have a commission number or did you just put a deposit down for a potential future allocation?

If you’re a new customer in LA, and you just put a deposit down this year, you likely don’t have a confirmed allocation. Just a spot on a list, which unfortunately isn’t a guarantee of anything.
I've heard about this. So I agreed with the dealership to put $10k above the car price upon delivery. So I'm paying over price to secure an allocation - it is part of the hidden in my contract. I believe I have a commission number because she should me once my production cue in their system. Last time I saw it was 3/27 when the vehicle is locked in to their system (which by that point Porsche already stopped the production amid to the Virus).
Old 06-13-2020, 07:17 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,069 Likes on 610 Posts

something is not adding up
you buy a car from a dealership not from a sales person
if she is let go , then her manager is responsible to take over her duties
so if they don't respond to your questions, call the GM and demand answers
Tedster (06-24-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 09:27 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 326 Posts

Why dont you just pick up the phone and call the manager or walk into the dealership.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:09 AM
gatorfast
Burning Brakes

Received 468 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
Why dont you just pick up the phone and call the manager or walk into the dealership.
You are making too much sense here.
The following 4 users liked this post by gatorfast:
Asker509 (06-16-2020), CaymanMatt (06-13-2020), ldamelio (06-16-2020), X2Board (06-15-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I've heard about this. So I agreed with the dealership to put $10k above the car price upon delivery. So I'm paying over price to secure an allocation - it is part of the hidden in my contract. I believe I have a commission number because she should me once my production cue in their system. Last time I saw it was 3/27 when the vehicle is locked in to their system (which by that point Porsche already stopped the production amid to the Virus).
Do you have a printout with a commission number? What is it? V what?

My bet is that you only have a request for an allocation at this point. What you signed was a deposit agreement, not a purchase contract. Call the dealer and ask for the GM.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:20 PM
rvdavid
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Do you have a printout with a commission number? What is it? V what?

My bet is that you only have a request for an allocation at this point. What you signed was a deposit agreement, not a purchase contract. Call the dealer and ask for the GM.
to be honest with you I have no idea what’s my commission number. The term I agreed with them is that I pay $10,000 above the MSRP when it arrives and they will make an allocation available to me and estimate to be delivered originally this July. Otherwise, yes, I’ll be on the watch list and the car may not arrive even this year.

i guess my question now is - did I get f*cked by the dealership?
Old 06-13-2020, 02:30 PM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts

It sounds like you unfortunately just fell between the cracks of the communication lines of what a new Porsche Brand Ambassador (Sales Person) should have done, before being laid off, and the management team that probably doesn't know you put a deposit down. As many have already said, the best way to clear this up is to go into the dealership with your copy of the the signed contract (build sheet), cancelled check, any emails/written documentation about the negotiated price of the car, and just speak with a Sales Manager. I am sure this is just an oversight on their part as this is something that all businesses have not had to deal with before (COVID) and then factoring in the new chaos of everything going on in LA (and around the country), I doubt anyone at the dealer is trying to "get one over on you". To summarize, please just go to the dealer, give them the benefit of the doubt, and just state your case in a cool and calm manner. I firmly believe that everything will work out for the best, especially if you are willing to pay $10k over the MSRP. Worse case scenario is that you get your $5k back and you solicit the help from one of our friendly Rennlist members to point you in the direction of a more agreeable Porsche dealership with a 718 GT4 allocation. Good luck!
Old 06-13-2020, 02:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

to be honest with you I have no idea what’s my commission number. The term I agreed with them is that I pay $10,000 above the MSRP when it arrives and they will make an allocation available to me and estimate to be delivered originally this July. Otherwise, yes, I’ll be on the watch list and the car may not arrive even this year.

i guess my question now is - did I get f*cked by the dealership?
You didn’t get ****ed by anybody. Unless you had an actual commission number in hand with a confirmed allocation, all you have is a deposit for a potential future allocation. You may have misinterpreted what a deposit agreement meant. You should simply call the GM, explain the situation ask to know exactly what the status is on your order. Pretty simple. If you don’t like the answer, request your deposit back.
Pokerhobo (06-13-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 02:01 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,118 Likes on 2,359 Posts

No offense, but why did you pay over for the car...these cars can be obtained at MSRP.
phefner (06-17-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 11:59 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Walk into the dealership and speak to the manager face to face.
Take your deposit receipt and any other paperwork you have.
Simple.
ldamelio (06-16-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 12:26 PM
X2Board
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 50 Posts

At this point, just ask for your money back. I'm sure you can find a car that is pretty close to your spec, sitting at a dealership somewhere in the country, and you can probably get it for MSRP.
Chester7 (06-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Ordered my 718 GT4 back to January, now having issue with dealership