Sponsored by:

please help me

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 07:13 PM
ychoi1216
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default please help me

During family trip to Los Angeles, we stopped by a Porsche dealer in the last March. The deal was better than my local dealer can afford. I made the deal and deposit for 2019 CGTS. The dealership is 1,000 miles away from my home.

After long wait, the CGTS arrived at dealer lot on July 5th. SA called me and asked me to arrange the payment. On next Monday(July 8th) I did wire-transfer and sent the auto-loan approval letter from a bank. They asked me to get notarized sign for the document. I asked electronical signature for the faster turnaround but they refused. But they didn’t send the document at all. They don’t reply promptly on my voice mails and emails. The SA has been on training at Utah for several days until today(July 12th).

Last night SA called me saying that the owner of the dealership asked me to fly to LA and sign the document at my cost. What? SA said the owner changed rule and he would revert the sale if I can’t come down to the dealership. SA and his manager told to the owner that after I made the deposit the owner changed the rule. So we can’t apply. But it seems the owner is stubborn.

I didn’t hear anything yet.

I am not sure it is wise to disclose the name of dealership.

Any suggestion?
Old 07-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ychoi1216
During family trip to Los Angeles, we stopped by a Porsche dealer in the last March. The deal was better than my local dealer can afford. I made the deal and deposit for 2019 CGTS. The dealership is 1,000 miles away from my home.

After long wait, the CGTS arrived at dealer lot on July 5th. SA called me and asked me to arrange the payment. On next Monday(July 8th) I did wire-transfer and sent the auto-loan approval letter from a bank. They asked me to get notarized sign for the document. I asked electronical signature for the faster turnaround but they refused. But they didn’t send the document at all. They don’t reply promptly on my voice mails and emails. The SA has been on training at Utah for several days until today(July 12th).

Last night SA called me saying that the owner of the dealership asked me to fly to LA and sign the document at my cost. What? SA said the owner changed rule and he would revert the sale if I can’t come down to the dealership. SA and his manager told to the owner that after I made the deposit the owner changed the rule. So we can’t apply. But it seems the owner is stubborn.

I didn’t hear anything yet.

I am not sure it is wise to disclose the name of dealership.

Any suggestion?

I would call the GM. I bought a car from the LA area from a dealership operated by Autonation. Their policy is to have a notarized signature or to sign in the presence of one of their finance managers, they simply fedex the documents to a local Honda dealer (I live in AZ) operated by Autonation. I am sure this dealer can do the same, you simply need to go up the chain of command. Everyone has a boss. Don't be rude but don't be bashful either.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:44 PM
ychoi1216
Track Day

No! the GM(owner) insists I come down to LA. Last week SA asked Notarized sign. But the GM changed the rule after I made the deposit. He is very stubborn. If I knew the rule when I made the deposit, I wouldn't make the deposit. They are holding my car.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:47 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

So the dealer wants to change the rules AFTER the contract was signed? And hasn't/won't send the required documents?

Good luck with the the direct approach. If that doesn't result in a solution then are you sure you want to continue to deal with them? (If they cancel the deal the deposit is refundable.)
Old 07-12-2019, 11:58 PM
ychoi1216
Track Day

Yes.. They changed the rule very recently. and they force me to come down. Otherwise revert the contract. it is terrible experience. I bought cars over internet multiple times. Never had this kind of experience.. So you guys check the dealer rules when you buy over internet... SA can't do anything.

Last edited by ychoi1216; 07-13-2019 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:05 PM
Ray831
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Cancel and buy somewhere else, just saying what I would do.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:57 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Why not just fly in and drive the car home? I agree it seems ridiculous but my guess is a one way flight on Southwest would be under $200 to LAX. And while in LA go to the PEC and have some fun.
The following users liked this post:
Rxpert (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 12:11 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Call the owner directly. Tell them if they care, they can send someone to you at their cost and you will sign in their presence happily. Also offer to do it via FaceTime or similar and that you are happy to do so in front of a notary (notaries are everywhere and there are inexpensive mobile ones who come to you). I suspect asking for e-sig set off red flags in their mind and the “rule” is because they are concerned about you.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:22 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,484 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
I would call the GM. I bought a car from the LA area from a dealership operated by Autonation. Their policy is to have a notarized signature or to sign in the presence of one of their finance managers, they simply fedex the documents to a local Honda dealer (I live in AZ) operated by Autonation. I am sure this dealer can do the same, you simply need to go up the chain of command. Everyone has a boss. Don't be rude but don't be bashful either.
I think DTLA did this...had to have it notarized and stamped. Pretty easy.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:01 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

How are you going to get the car home?
Old 07-14-2019, 02:04 AM
ychoi1216
Track Day

Thank you all

I am back from the LA dealership. Last night they agreed to pay the travel cost. The last min flight was twice expensive. It was a day trip and they paid the cost. They lost some money and I lost my Saturday.They will ship the car (to save tax. My state has no sales tax). The SA kept saying "sorry". I dont want to buy a car from out-of-state anymore.
Thanks all
Old 07-14-2019, 04:00 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ychoi1216
Thank you all

I am back from the LA dealership. Last night they agreed to pay the travel cost. The last min flight was twice expensive. It was a day trip and they paid the cost. They lost some money and I lost my Saturday.They will ship the car (to save tax. My state has no sales tax). The SA kept saying "sorry". I dont want to buy a car from out-of-state anymore.
Thanks all
That sounds like a good result--congratulations. Enjoy the new car when it arrives.

Quick Reply: please help me