Alonso to Ferrari -- Kimi back to McLaren

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,145 Likes on 1,855 Posts
Default Alonso to Ferrari -- Kimi back to McLaren

With a still unknown outcome of Felipe Massa's head injury, it is clear the direction Ferrari is headed with an unquestioned #1 driver. There was no way Alonso was going to accept a deal that would have paired him with a comparable driver in Kimi. I wonder how Hamilton will feel about having to contend with a true #1 teammate again....

Ferrari-Alonso deal to be announced on Thursday?
According to the publication 'Auto Motor und Sport', the Scuderia Ferrari will this week announce Fernando Alonso as their new driver for the 2010 season. The announcement is expected to be made on Thursday at the Suzuka Circuit, venue of the Japanese Grand Prix.

According to reports from the Singapore paddock, lawyers were working all weekend long on the details of Kimi Raikkonen's release from his 2010 contract with the red team. It is expected that the 'Iceman' will return to McLaren where he raced from 2002-2006.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very interesting if it does happen. Things are gonna get heated up at both teams, as Alonso and Massa are both very competitive, and they don't like each other a whole lot. Over at McLaren, Hamilton will have to show how fast he really is, now that he has a WDC as a teammate. Next year it's shaping to be a hell of a season.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pete, I agree, as I said yesterday (see below), this should be exiting for us fans!

You're right, Alonso doesn't have ***** to compete with Kimi, Hamilton on the other hand seems to be fine with a good team mate as he showed with Alonso in his rookie year.

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
...Hey Pete, Wayne & others, finally the looooong awaited Alonso to Ferrari is happening.

In Suzuka it will be announced. Kimi back to McLaren and Rosberg to Brawn. Although with Mercedes moving into such big role in Brawn, could in the end be other way around.

I personally thing it would be awesome for us fans to see Massa & Alonso @ Ferrari and Hamilton & Raikkonen @ McLaren, change in this way is always exiting...
Old 09-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see no problem with Kimi and Hamilton paired at McLaren. I do, on the other hand, see problems ahead if Alonso and Massa are teammates. DOn't forget, Alonso is the guy that lobbied to have KOV dumped by Renault because he was too much of a threat to make ALO look bad.

Alonso doesn't want to earn #1 status. He thinks he is owed it by virtue of his two WDC's. Massa presents the problem of being quite quick and he works well with the team. After the events at McLaren and Renault, any team should look at Alonso with some degree of concern.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If true 2010 should be a fun season....
Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 418 Posts

I'd like to have Kimi back at McLaren. He's a no nonsense, no BS kind of guy. The opposite of Fragile Freddy. Freddy will foster a corrosive, internecine battle over at the Scuderia and **** things up, so it's all good.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Ron Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another reason for me to dislike Ferrari, with the exception of Massa.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
I'd like to have Kimi back at McLaren. He's a no nonsense, no BS kind of guy. The opposite of Fragile Freddy. Freddy will foster a corrosive, internecine battle over at the Scuderia and **** things up, so it's all good.
: Fernando is a prima donna... extremely high maintenance.

Massa's been with Ferrari for a few years and will be the team's and mechanics favorite driver.

Expect Fernando to go into a sulk... and ruin the teams chemistry.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Wayno,

If this turns out to be true, how'd you like to make a little bottle wager??

I'll bet a Hamilton/Kimi pairing produces more constructor points in 2010 than a Massa/Alonso pairing.

What say you?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Hey Wayno,

I'll bet a Hamilton/Kimi pairing produces more constructor points in 2010 than a Massa/Alonso pairing.

What say you?
That sounds like a good bet!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 418 Posts

Hey Wayno,

What say you?
I want in on that bet...
Old 09-28-2009, 01:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
I want in on that bet...
A bet with Ray ...............
Old 09-28-2009, 01:32 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Wayno,

What say you?

Hey Ray,
Of couse it will all come down to the cars but I'll take that bet. Hamilton is prone to brain fade and Kimi to motivation fade. Put Alonso and Massa in an equal car and it will be a great battle for the constructor championship. It should be fun.

As far as all the BS about Alonso not wanting to compete for the number one spot, no great driver does. They want to compete on the track not in the garage. Every driver wants the team's best engineer, best car, best strategy, etc.

You think when this news broke Hamilton told his team to make sure everything was equal so he and Kimi could have a fair fight?
Jim
Old 09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JimB
Hey Ray,
Of couse it will all come down to the cars but I'll take that bet. Hamilton is prone to brain fade and Kimi to motivation fade. Put Alonso and Massa in an equal car and it will be a great battle for the constructor championship. It should be fun.

As far as all the BS about Alonso not wanting to compete for the number one spot, no great driver does. They want to compete on the track not in the garage. Every driver wants the team's best engineer, best car, best strategy, etc.

You think when this news broke Hamilton told his team to make sure everything was equal so he and Kimi could have a fair fight?
Jim
+10

Well Jim ,, yes the amigos actually think it will be so ..............
Old 09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I've heard that part of the reason Kimi left Mclaren was because of the way Dennis ran the ship. Does anyone want to lend insight or guess how things have changed, if at all?

Quick Reply: Alonso to Ferrari -- Kimi back to McLaren