Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep the DE Insurance questions coming!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:15 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep the DE Insurance questions coming!!!

I have received many emails from Rennlist members with concerns about other insurance programs. Please email me if you have questions or concerns and I will do my best to help you.

Regards,
www.prosure.net
Chris Maume
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Chris -

One question I had was whether or not your policy covered only the designated owner of the vehicle or whether or not it would extend coverage to the car should the owner allow another to drive it at a DE event. American Collectors had worked this way. Unclear about your policies.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Good question>>

This is one of the more common questions and is easily answered. The policy does not require that all drivers be listed on the policy, but it is preferred. In an instance where you request an instructor to drive your car and that instructor is not listed on your policy and he/she has an accident it will be covered on the policy. In situations where someone may be driving your car on the track more often, say a friend you share your car with or a son or daughter, we prefer that the additional drivers be listed.

Additional drivers are not additional premium sources as the cost only changes by the additional $10 for each driver. That cost is the direct cost of our company running a motor vehicle report.

Regards,

Chris Maume
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Chris -

I have two cars, one is registered/insured and one is a pure track car. The site states "All vehicles must maintain motor vehicle registration and minimum insurance limits required in your state. This HPDE coverage is only supplemental for track events. No liability coverage is offered." I'm assuming that is just meant to say you don't offer road/liability insurance but have to ask.

Also, any discount to keep two cars covered?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 AM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Another good question>

Hey Gary,

This coverage is only a supplement to the road going coverage this program requires you have in place before you purchase this DE coverage. That is required to help alleviate any chance of insuring a pure race car under the HPDE program.

This program is also only physical damage coverage and does not provide any sort of liability protection. I must make that distinction since this is a major difference from typical auto insurance.

For information about liability coverage at the track please ask your club or organization what their insurance package includes regarding participant liability.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Why would it matter if the car was a pure race car participating in a DE vs a street registered car in a DE? Aren't the risk the same and the resultant damage equivalent to the agreed upon value of the vehicle?

Do you also offer transportation, paddock, and storage insurance?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

So i'm clear, you won't insure a fully prepared car that isn't registered for road use for DE's? Reality is my 930 is no less prepared than my 911 SC but i'm able to register and insure it here in CT without issue. I understand completely about the liability portion vs. physical damage but as long as i'm driving at a sanctioned DE what difference does what car I run make? For racing I would get pure race car insurance for the event, has nothing to do with DE insurance in my eyes.

Not trying to be argumentative, I just don't follow the logic.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Carrier Requirements

The requirement is based on a policy rule put in place by Great Lakes Re in attempts to eliminate the potential for insuring a car while racing. In essence, insurance fraud.

I'm not saying it has happened or would happen, but as a high risk line of insurance carriers must put some restrictions on the coverage. It would not be difficult to have an accident in your race car durin a race and claim it happened during a DE. Again, not saying it has happened, but you can see the potential for fraud in this situation. The HPDE insurance rates are much less expensive than the Club Racing program we offer, and rightfully so.

I understand your issue, in fact, I'm actually working right now to offer a rate through our Club Racing program for race car owners that participate in DE's.

Yes, we do have a program for Storage, Transport and Paddock. This program is one of the best and the rates are phenominal.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by SpeedAgent1; 08-07-2007 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

To bad about not insuring a DE only track car. Many of us have this kind of car and do not race.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:32 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default I'm working on that.

This has been a small issue, but one I am working to resolve. I would like to offer this coverage to race car owners and hopefully I will have that ability soon. I will keep everyone updated as things change and develop. This program is very important to me personally and I want it to succeed. The feedback I receive plays direct role in how this program develops over time.

Feedback is appreciated, but if you have something negative to say please call me rather than putting it up here since many things can be taken out of context and can be misinterpreted.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I have the answer for people that fraudulently make claims.... It's called jail. A claim made from an incident at a DE must be backed up by witnesses, the DE Region or sponsoring group, and a sworn statement (I've gone through it). I hope you are able to resolve this soon.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Insurance carriers

I work on this program development everyday, hopefully I will be able to assist you with something very soon.

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Conekiller
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Chris

I have a couple of questions for you. First does age matter, and does the street insurance have to be under the same persons name as the DE insurance? Also is there a limit to the number of events? Finally do you cover any mechanical damage or just body work?

Sorry for all the questions but I’ve spent way to much money on DE repairs this year and am interested in a insurance program for next year.

Mike
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Great questions>

The minimum age is 25. The street policy would have to be under a family member's name; spouse, parent, etc. The policy is structured so there are no limitations on the number of events you can participate in. The policy covers all parts of the vehicle, minus the one exclusion for wheels and tires if the incident is just confined to the wheels and tires. Those items will be covered if part of a larger accident.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Conekiller
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Chris

Since i'm under 25 would i be able to put the policy under my Dad's name and be added as a driver?

Quick Reply: Keep the DE Insurance questions coming!!!