Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street GT3RS coverted to cup car spec?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Street car,or like the form you guys run?
Thats pretty good. Who is it? Certainly doesnt surprise me since you and I were running 2:00s at Thunderhill with the hill, and that equates to about 1:37-8s at Laguna.
Lets see him race with us in traffic before you sign him up for a 1:25 ALMS car running in heavy traffic, most running 1:19s

Originally Posted by mooty
we have guys on RL who can routinely do 1:38's on hoosiers on 996gt3 with 4.0 ring and pinion. maybe he should get a shot a ALMS too
Old 06-29-2009, 02:08 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Jeff Rosen.

David Potter and Jerry Horton are a tick behind at 1:39. They all did these times in 996 GT3's on R-compounds.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

You mean these two guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGqSJkmCyb0

Yep, they are pretty quick. from the video, easy to see that they could be right near a 1:38-9 at Laguna. Both cars were pretty dialed in though. Not just a stock street car with some numbers on the side.

mk

Originally Posted by earlyapex
Jeff Rosen.

David Potter and Jerry Horton are a tick behind at 1:39. They all did these times in 996 GT3's on R-compounds.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:55 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
You mean these two guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGqSJkmCyb0

Yep, they are pretty quick. from the video, easy to see that they could be right near a 1:38-9 at Laguna. Both cars were pretty dialed in though. Not just a stock street car with some numbers on the side.

mk
the first GT3 (black) is driven by 171mph. he is sub 140 at LS with mpsc. his car is stock except pagid pads, mpsc tires, roll bar (not cage) and GT3 seats. it's a street car.

the 2nd GT3 (white) is my car. 997gt3. i am 1:40 at LS, not as fast as 171 mph. it's on R888 tires, pagid pads, gt3 seats, harness and roll bar (not cage) it's my street car. i put 2000 miles on it every month driving to/from work.

there's a yellow GT3 car #300 usually does 1:38 or maybe 1:37 at LS. 147 at infineon. runs with pagid, mpsc, roll bar, harness, gt3 seats. he does have 4.0 ring and pinion. otherwise it's a street car.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:35 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I remember the black one. It was pretty gutted as far as ALL the stuff being removed. wasnt it a 996 that was converted to near GT3 specs too?

I didnt get a chance to check out your car, but we all talked briefly at the track. I was kind of rushing around that day.

Anyway, both cars were beautiful and you could tell, very fast.

Hey, I dont think the "Pagid " is a low end modification. Heck, most all of the Cup cars running 1:29 and 1:30 at laguna on their slicks run pagid blacks. Also, the 650hp NSX that is terrorizing SCCA West in both SP and ITE, runs , (get this) , you got it, Pagid, but guess what color? Yes, hard to imagine, pagid Orange pads! AND, he just broke some record this past race weekend as well as winning all 4 races (2 ITE 2 SP) and ran a 1:29.8 at laguna!

anyway, look forward to seeing you and the GT3 crew the next time out with NCRC!!

Mark

the first GT3 (black) is driven by 171mph. he is sub 140 at LS with mpsc. his car is stock except pagid pads, mpsc tires, roll bar (not cage) and GT3 seats. it's a street car.

the 2nd GT3 (white) is my car. 997gt3. i am 1:40 at LS, not as fast as 171 mph. it's on R888 tires, pagid pads, gt3 seats, harness and roll bar (not cage) it's my street car. i put 2000 miles on it every month driving to/from work.

there's a yellow GT3 car #300 usually does 1:38 or maybe 1:37 at LS. 147 at infineon. runs with pagid, mpsc, roll bar, harness, gt3 seats. he does have 4.0 ring and pinion. otherwise it's a street car.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:53 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I remember the black one. It was pretty gutted as far as ALL the stuff being removed. wasnt it a 996 that was converted to near GT3 specs too?
==> that's karlooz's car. it was not in the race. his car had moton, cup car wings, and cage, almost zero interior. i dont he recently did a 2:00 at TH over the top i think. but he was not in the video you posted though. that car is a 1999 3.4 L stock motor with 298 hp at crank as per porsche sales literature. now that is not a street car anymore. but i was talking about the yellow GT3 and the black GT3 (171mph) was driving.

I didnt get a chance to check out your car, but we all talked briefly at the track. I was kind of rushing around that day.
==> yea, i know you. i saw your car many years ago at CTautomotive and i also chatted with you at LS a while back.

==> thanx for the fast compliment. beautiful... well 171mph's car is ugly and dirty. my is waxed and clayed after every track event LOL.

is the nsx red? driving ambition? if so, it's kip O's car. it's on slicks and yes, very fast.

anyway, look forward to seeing you and the GT3 crew the next time out with NCRC!!
==>i'll be there, but i will be racing a spec boxster this round. and you try not to lap me more than 1x.

171 mph and karlooz will be there to provide you with some pressure ;-)
Old 06-29-2009, 07:01 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was in the race.. right in front of earlyapex

yes it's a '99 carrera 2 3.4L. modded...just a little. getting 280 at the wheels now. not bad for 106K miles on the lump.

==> that's karlooz's car. it was not in the race. his car had moton, cup car wings, and cage, almost zero interior. i dont he recently did a 2:00 at TH over the top i think. but he was not in the video you posted though. that car is a 1999 3.4 L stock motor with 298 hp at crank as per porsche sales literature. now that is not a street car anymore. but i was talking about the yellow GT3 and the black GT3 (171mph) was driving.

==> yea, i know you. i saw your car many years ago at CTautomotive and i also chatted with you at LS a while back.

==> thanx for the fast compliment. beautiful... well 171mph's car is ugly and dirty. my is waxed and clayed after every track event LOL.

is the nsx red? driving ambition? if so, it's kip O's car. it's on slicks and yes, very fast.

==>i'll be there, but i will be racing a spec boxster this round. and you try not to lap me more than 1x.

Last edited by karlooz; 06-29-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:03 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Hey, if you race and work on a 928 like me, ANY GT3 is a thing of beauty! (

Yep, I hear that the boys and I will probably have a great race next time. Ill have to bring my "Good" RA1s next time!

Yes, that was Kip's car. Its so fast, its hard to imagine it runs 1:30 at Laguna at will and most all laps are in the 1:30 to 1:30 for a 20 lap race! On DOTs too! the only car in our race last weekend to get in the 1:29s on DOTs was the Griggs mustang. (by the way, for those that dont know times there, winning race times in SpeedGT World challenge are in the 1:31s and those races are 27 laps over 50min on DOT Toyo RA1s.)
By the way, get this. Kips NSX is also only running 225 sized front tires! On slicks, he ran 1:29.4. On DOTs, he ran 1:30.3.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:28 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by karlooz

yes it's a '99 carrera 2 3.4L. modded...just a little. getting 280 at the wheels now. not bad for 106K miles on the lump.
right, sorry i forgot i paid you to block early apex.
106k miles that's such an old car. are you running very old used tires too?

but the new tires you had this round the yoko, are great! ;-)
Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

so 129 and 130 was with kip driving?
dont know if you know andre hartanto. if you put him in kip's car, he's at least 2-3 seconds faster easy. that's scary!!!

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Hey, if you race and work on a 928 like me, ANY GT3 is a thing of beauty! (

Yep, I hear that the boys and I will probably have a great race next time. Ill have to bring my "Good" RA1s next time!

Yes, that was Kip's car. Its so fast, its hard to imagine it runs 1:30 at Laguna at will and most all laps are in the 1:30 to 1:30 for a 20 lap race! On DOTs too! the only car in our race last weekend to get in the 1:29s on DOTs was the Griggs mustang. (by the way, for those that dont know times there, winning race times in SpeedGT World challenge are in the 1:31s and those races are 27 laps over 50min on DOT Toyo RA1s.)
By the way, get this. Kips NSX is also only running 225 sized front tires! On slicks, he ran 1:29.4. On DOTs, he ran 1:30.3.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:31 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

heheh. eric was with me till t6 then i didn't see him till the end of the race.

i do have a set of 2 year old kumhos. will run them at TH for practice.

you'll need to try out the ol 996 . you might forget about your BSR.

right, sorry i forgot i paid you to block early apex.
106k miles that's such an old car. are you running very old used tires too?

but the new tires you had this round the yoko, are great! ;-)
Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

heheh. eric was with me till t6 then i didn't see him till the end of the race.
so you successfully blocked him off then. i'll send you a chk tomorrow.

i do have a set of 2 year old kumhos. will run them at TH for practice.
i thought you gave those sh*t to 171mph to slow him down or make him spin, no?

you'll need to try out the ol 996 . you might forget about your BSR.
dont get me started. next thing you know, i have another GT3....

but super cayman sounds tempting though.
hum....
Old 06-30-2009, 12:41 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

so you successfully blocked him off then. i'll send you a chk tomorrow.
i expect a new set of slicks, thank you very much.

i thought you gave those sh*t to 171mph to slow him down or make him spin, no?
i gave him the set of 18's. i have another set of 17's. unfortunately 171 was faster. big mistake.

dont get me started. next thing you know, i have another GT3....

but super cayman sounds tempting though.
hum....
another GT3?!? i was just talking about my stripped down cheap *** 996 carrera.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:23 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Yes it was kip driving.

I know and race with Andre quite a few times. He is good. we had some good battles together. He is as good as most of the the top drivers we run with. He in NO way would be any faster than Kip. Kip is VERY VERY good. One of the faster drivers out there. You dont run 1:29 at laguna on 225 front tires unless you have exceptional skills.
Andre doesnt have a lot of experience with the huge hp cars. There is a learning curve for those kind of cars as well.

Put it this way, Andre and Christian ran in WC in cars MUCH more set up and more powerful than mine. I was only 1 second behind christian, who was ahead of andre, and in a car that was 330whp and under 2600lbs vs my 310rwhp and 3000lbs . There are a lot of fast drivers out there. The main difference is how they work through traffic and keep the car safe.

so 129 and 130 was with kip driving?
dont know if you know andre hartanto. if you put him in kip's car, he's at least 2-3 seconds faster easy. that's scary!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:33 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

That thing was fast for only 280 at the wheels! How light was it? I know your interior was missing with no passenger seat and some other mods. Didnt you end up just behind me in the race. what kind of mods?

I just watched the video again. was there another Black GT3 in the group, or was that you right in front of the whte GT3?

mk

Quick Reply: Street GT3RS coverted to cup car spec?