Sponsored by:

2006 TS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:21 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 258 Posts
Default 2006 TS

Isn't this a good buy considering the mileage ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Porsche..._qi=RTM2247625

Its very tempting...

Then there's this one for 10k but mileage is higher...http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Porsche...1YxctE&vxp=mtr

Seems like a good buy...thoughts? Outside of front rotors, all other repair items are same as a regular turbo, no?
Old 03-15-2017, 03:11 AM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The second one seems odd. It does not have the Turbo S climate controlls cover.

Edit: I see it has the E81 power kit option, so not a Turbo S, but basically a Turbo S.

Last edited by fortysixandtwo; 03-15-2017 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:43 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$19K is high for a 955. The S doesn't command more than the Turbo usually as brakes are majorly more expensive, the 50HP is barely noticeable [so I have read], and as you noted there are really no equipment differences between regular Turbo and S.

The second one at $11K is a question mark--it looks very clean and well taken care of but seems high since I have seen lower mileage examples going for the same money...for $2-3K more you can get a P!G with 100K less on the clock [not a lot with stratospheric mileage for sale]. At that mileage, it may need tons of work--ask for the records and see if all the big stuff has been done [coolant tubes, motor mounts [engine out job], cardan shaft replacement, hatch struts, brakes]. Also, as the above poster pointed out, it's not a real Turbo S and should not be advertised or badged as such, even if it has the power kit--that may be a nitpick but that happens a lot with these cars since KBB is off and says Turbo S cars are worth more. Dealers are horrible with this. Depending on what's been done it could be about worth it but I tend to think a 175K 955 is probably going to need at least $5-10K of work done to it to get it to a condition I would want, so why not start with a lower mileage car?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:53 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Forget about the second one for reasons stated above.

IMHO the first one is a good buy. A Turbo S is most certainly worth more than a standard turbo. If Turbo Ss are actually selling at the same price as standard Turbos (which I don't believe is true) then they are a bargain. One shouldn't devalue a Turbo S because the front rotors are expensive. They have incredible brakes and that comes at a price. Also, the 50 extra horsepower does make a difference along with the increased torque. The Turbo S has larger and all aluminium intercoolers compared to the smaller and partially plastic ones found on a regular Turbo. You also have 20 inch wheels and a high performance ECU tune on the Turbo S with better shift mapping than a standard turbo. If you are not comfortable dropping at least another couple grand into an 11 year old Cayenne right away, then look for something else. Once you get it sorted out though, a Cayenne is one the best cars you'll ever own.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:36 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the responses!
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by CTTS520
Forget about the second one for reasons stated above.

IMHO the first one is a good buy. A Turbo S is most certainly worth more than a standard turbo. If Turbo Ss are actually selling at the same price as standard Turbos (which I don't believe is true) then they are a bargain. One shouldn't devalue a Turbo S because the front rotors are expensive. They have incredible brakes and that comes at a price. Also, the 50 extra horsepower does make a difference along with the increased torque. The Turbo S has larger and all aluminium intercoolers compared to the smaller and partially plastic ones found on a regular Turbo. You also have 20 inch wheels and a high performance ECU tune on the Turbo S with better shift mapping than a standard turbo. If you are not comfortable dropping at least another couple grand into an 11 year old Cayenne right away, then look for something else. Once you get it sorted out though, a Cayenne is one the best cars you'll ever own.

Great comments. I couldn't agree more. For those that say that the additional 50hp isn't worth it are missing the point. The TTS is the highest level model of Cayenne that you can buy unless you go with additional Exclusive options. It is a very different animal from the CTT. The changes in mechanicals seem minor, but remember, Porsche always underestimates it's HP/Torque numbers. On the the TTS, the whole package just works. It is the sum of the whole, not the individual upgrades themselves. I am seriously thinking about adding a 2006 TTS to the stable for my wife. She loves my 2009 TTS.

Hey Trinitony, great to see you over here on the Cayenne board- I remember a lot of awesome discussions on the 993 board.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-18-2017, 10:54 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomF
Great comments. I couldn't agree more. For those that say that the additional 50hp isn't worth it are missing the point. The TTS is the highest level model of Cayenne that you can buy unless you go with additional Exclusive options. It is a very different animal from the CTT. The changes in mechanicals seem minor, but remember, Porsche always underestimates it's HP/Torque numbers. On the the TTS, the whole package just works. It is the sum of the whole, not the individual upgrades themselves. I am seriously thinking about adding a 2006 TTS to the stable for my wife. She loves my 2009 TTS.

Hey Trinitony, great to see you over here on the Cayenne board- I remember a lot of awesome discussions on the 993 board.

Cheers,
TomF
Hi TomF - yes there use to be some great discussions back in the day; board is still active but nor the same as a lot of the old timers r not around anymore. I'm selling the 993 and thinking about picking up a Cayenne once she sells.

Take care now.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:16 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

After having owned 3 Cayennes, 2004 CTT, 2005 CTT (w/E-81), and 2006 CTTS I agree with Tom, the CTTS is definitely worth more and that goes for the E-81 (was a $20K option). It may have been an overpriced $20K option but it added enough to make it worthwhile. And for those that say the Turbo S isn't worth more because the front brakes are more expensive then you need to buy a Toyota. My first rotors lasted until 70K, Not a big expense in the long run and if you need to stop you will enjoy the stopping power. Rear rotors are a little larger too but they are cheap one piece.
According to the options sticker, the first one is a Turbo S. It has all of the right pieces except those are 19" wheels I believe, definitely not 20" Sport Chronos, and the climate control may have been replaced. It does have the crests in the headrests, the door sill plates. Double check for 2 piece front rotors but the 19" wheels were a winter tire option so they may be fine. Options sticker really say's it all.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:18 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Hi TomF - yes there use to be some great discussions back in the day; board is still active but nor the same as a lot of the old timers r not around anymore. I'm selling the 993 and thinking about picking up a Cayenne once she sells.

Take care now.
Yep. When Ray passed away and Robin (and Chris, too...) left the board, things sure changed. I sold my 993 during the down economy and moved on to 996's and Cayennes.

Anyway, welcome! There is quite a bit of technical expertise here on the Cayenne board. I have found the group to be very helpful and supportive.

Good luck with your search- the lower mileage example of the two you posted above is exactly what I would like to get for my better half.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-23-2017, 09:46 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomF
Yep. When Ray passed away and Robin (and Chris, too...) left the board, things sure changed. I sold my 993 during the down economy and moved on to 996's and Cayennes.

Anyway, welcome! There is quite a bit of technical expertise here on the Cayenne board. I have found the group to be very helpful and supportive.

Good luck with your search- the lower mileage example of the two you posted above is exactly what I would like to get for my better half.

Cheers,
TomF
Thanks Tom!

Came across this one yesterday.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Porsche...25.m3641.l6368

It's hot..
Old 03-24-2017, 01:48 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Thanks Tom!

Came across this one yesterday.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Porsche...25.m3641.l6368

It's hot..
Too bad they didn't clean the floor mats.. otherwise - no sunroof? The color combo works though..
Old 03-24-2017, 03:25 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Too bad they didn't clean the floor mats.. otherwise - no sunroof? The color combo works though..
I missed the 'no sunroof'; isn't that like standard?
Old 03-25-2017, 12:16 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I missed the 'no sunroof'; isn't that like standard?
Yes. And my understanding is that there is a sunroof delete option, but when I pull the build sheet, the option doesn't come up on this car. I would be very wary of this car. Something is fishy.

Cheers,
TomF

Quick Reply: 2006 TS