Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 07:40 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 749 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Pretty sure Porsche pays for Factory Tour, Museum Tour, Lunch and one night hotel stay (the night before delivery).
Factory tour was free for me and my wife even in 2017 (+ a few espressos on the house!) years before we could even dream of affording a Porsche
Old 12-14-2023, 07:45 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 608 Likes on 291 Posts

For what it's worth the museum entry is included (for a year). Well now that one has to pay for ED, it's included in the cost you have to pay. lol.
Old 12-22-2023, 06:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I’ve recommended my wife get an XC90 and we go on a nice Scandinavian trip to replace her Cayenne LOL
No more Porsche ED’s looks like for us.
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (12-28-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 08:49 PM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I’ve recommended my wife get an XC90 and we go on a nice Scandinavian trip to replace her Cayenne LOL
No more Porsche ED’s looks like for us.
Porsche ED sucks! Never again! Took three months to get my car to the US! No communication from Porsche whatsoever. They make nice cars but shipping and overall communication? Not so good! Will just have to ship my 4RS over next year to drive the Autobahn!
Old 12-22-2023, 09:43 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Horstair
Porsche ED sucks! Never again! Took three months to get my car to the US! No communication from Porsche whatsoever. They make nice cars but shipping and overall communication? Not so good! Will just have to ship my 4RS over next year to drive the Autobahn!
Mine just arrived. Took about 6 or 7 weeks after dropping it off.

I don’t understand the fascination with the autobahn. I grew up in Germany and was also stationed there. During ED I tried to stay ppf the autobahn as much as possible. It’s boring and congested. Plus with all the speed limits it’s no fun. There are tons of backroads that are much more fun. If you want all out speed I’d ship it to the fastest track and just go to town.
Old 12-22-2023, 10:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Eventually they may fix it and we’ll do it again. For now shipping the car back and forth, or buy and sell it in Germany maybe less painful.

The shipping part is easy, it’s the insurance in Europe I haven’t figured out..

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 12-22-2023 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:08 PM
Horstair
Racer

Originally Posted by Ikone
Mine just arrived. Took about 6 or 7 weeks after dropping it off.

I don’t understand the fascination with the autobahn. I grew up in Germany and was also stationed there. During ED I tried to stay ppf the autobahn as much as possible. It’s boring and congested. Plus with all the speed limits it’s no fun. There are tons of backroads that are much more fun. If you want all out speed I’d ship it to the fastest track and just go to town.
There's no track in the USA where you can hit 200mph, maybe on an abandoned runway, lol.
And it is a lot of fun, you just need to know what Autobahns to hit. You're obviously missing the last freedom (and only country left in the world) where you can go "metal-to-the-pedal". It's a thrill going 180mph+. I grew up with no speed limit. You Americans just don't know what you're missing.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:13 PM
Horstair
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Eventually they may fix it and we’ll do it again. For now shipping the car back and forth, or buy and sell it in Germany maybe less painful.

The shipping part is easy, it’s the insurance in Europe I haven’t figured out..
Let me know what you find out, Peter. Have you tried Allianz? BTW, I know you shipped your violet RS back over, right? (We drove the Ring together with Grant in 2015). How was your experience shipping? Company, cost, things to watch out for? You can PM me.
Tx, Horst.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:21 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

There's no track in the USA where you can hit 200mph, maybe on an abandoned runway, lol.
And it is a lot of fun, you just need to know what Autobahns to hit. You're obviously missing the last freedom (and only country left in the world) where you can go "metal-to-the-pedal". It's a thrill going 180mph+. I grew up with no speed limit. You Americans just don't know what you're missing.
I know where to hit those stretches. As I said, I grew up in Germany and was stationed there. I was born in Bonn (and not American). I go back every year. Sometimes twice. If straight out speed on a public road makes you happy then go for it. All it takes is one idiot overtaking another and getting right in front of you. Good bye! And not sure where I stated that you have to hit a track in the US. If you're going to ship the car to Germany, might as well open it up to any track in the world. But honestly, I think you'd be better off getting on an oval. That's probably more your speed.
Old 12-23-2023, 04:43 AM
hyperion
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Car almost there…

For a data point, I dropped off my car in Stuttgart on Oct 30th. Boat made landfall in Benicia on Dec 6th, and exited the port about 2.5 weeks later (the ports are slow at this time of year) and it’s presently on the back of a truck on its way to the dealership. So all in it will arrive less than two months after I dropped it off. That’s pretty fantastic in my book. -hyp
magnus89 (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 05:48 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

How did you guys remove the velcros from front and rear bumpers? It seems very sticky
Old 12-23-2023, 08:39 PM
Horstair
Racer

3M adhesive remover!
Lucifer (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 08:44 PM
Horstair
Racer

Originally Posted by hyperion
For a data point, I dropped off my car in Stuttgart on Oct 30th. Boat made landfall in Benicia on Dec 6th, and exited the port about 2.5 weeks later (the ports are slow at this time of year) and it’s presently on the back of a truck on its way to the dealership. So all in it will arrive less than two months after I dropped it off. That’s pretty fantastic in my book. -hyp
I dropped mine of in Leipzig on 9/28 and was on the same boat. My car sat in Emden for 7 weeks! And Atlanta ED wouldn't do anything about it. Like "TRAKCAR" says, ED nowadays is all f...d up. No rules, just whoever srends most emails ( phone calls) to Joey, wins. Horrible process! Never again!
Old 12-23-2023, 08:50 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 937 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
How did you guys remove the velcros from front and rear bumpers? It seems very sticky
Take the front plate with you when you leave the car and the leave the rest of the stuff alone, the dealership will clean that off when they receive the car back. This way, they are responsible for it if the paint comes off or is wrecked

^^ This was a tip from Sal when I dropped mine off.
Dubber (12-28-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 09:16 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Take the front plate with you when you leave the car and the leave the rest of the stuff alone, the dealership will clean that off when they receive the car back. This way, they are responsible for it if the paint comes off or is wrecked

^^ This was a tip from Sal when I dropped mine off.
Well, my car is already at my dealer, which is already doing me a solid by doing courtesy delivery, I don't want to take advantage. Also - both plates were left on my car

Quick Reply: 9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche