Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Beverly Hills have another car ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
bucking
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Nope, I'm an a$$hole too. Just a different profession.

If you are successful these days and cut through the BS and PC, many will call you "a$$hole". Comes with the territory.

Thanks for insight allegretto. I think you missed my point, which was intended as nothing more than pure unadulterated sarcasm. There are probably many of us *** holes on this forum. However, the number of truly successful *** hole condom salesmen is open to question.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,446 Likes on 2,252 Posts

I got an email from a collegue of Jonathan's (I am working with Jonathan to spec my car) stating that the car I posted was arriving in 3 weeks and was available ...

that's all I know ... sorry for the confusion ... but I was just passing on the info
Old 03-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mvd
...but this story sounds fishy. Solo can afford to lay down a $25k deposit but doesn't qualify for a lease? The car is there but Solo wants to pick it up in a few weeks time? And he has to be reminded that the deposit was $25k, not $5k? I'm not buying it.
Sorry for the confusion. I always thought I had $5k down because that was how much I was willing to pay initiailly. However, it wasn't until BHP asked me to up the amount to $25k. After all, the deposit was put down back in Sep and I have business to run so I don't think it is fishy a all to forgot the amount without backtracking my bank statements.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,446 Likes on 2,252 Posts

I too have a $25k deposit with them for my June build GT3 for euro delivery which I plan to partially finance with PFS ... which the dealership would not initially do ...

hopefully since I am doing euro delivery it would be hard for them to 'steal' the car since I will take delivery of it in germany

sorry to hear about all this, I feel bad ... all I was trying to do was pass on the info about a car being available as they are so rare
Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=bucking]Thanks for insight allegretto. I think you missed my point, which was intended as nothing more than pure unadulterated sarcasm. QUOTE]

Oh, I think not. That's another overused expression BTW.

After all, it is even possible that you missed mine...
Old 03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
bucking
Instructor

[QUOTE=allegretto]
Originally Posted by bucking
Thanks for insight allegretto. I think you missed my point, which was intended as nothing more than pure unadulterated sarcasm. QUOTE]

Oh, I think not. That's another overused expression BTW.

After all, it is even possible that you missed mine...

Missed your what?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
Unless you are Coca Cola, Microsoft or GE you will need a personal guarantor(with established credit qualified for a six figure car, not Geo credit) for a business lease so they can come after that person if the company folds. Fact.

Nobody writes a contract for a ordered car, you get a receipt which might state" at MSRP" and that's that and then one should get the PCNA originated pro forma etc,etc until the car arrives.
Sure, I failed my credit because I currently drives a Maxima. But does it mean I can't own a Porsche because of it?

I can certainly understand from a business standpoint that BHP wants to sell the car asap, make the money and move on to the next customer. And yes, I was having the problem with my credit as well as the residental status (as I just moved from one state to another). While I know I causes BHP some pain in that department, but what puzzles me is why BHP didn't present me the option to finance or even to buy the car outright, before selling it to someone else?

In order words, what did the $25k do for me? Absolutely nothing.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I too have a $25k deposit with them for my June build GT3 for euro delivery which I plan to partially finance with PFS ... which the dealership would not initially do ...

hopefully since I am doing euro delivery it would be hard for them to 'steal' the car since I will take delivery of it in germany

sorry to hear about all this, I feel bad ... all I was trying to do was pass on the info about a car being available as they are so rare
Hey Larry, I am not trying to blame you at all. In fact, I have to thank you for the "early warning" . I just can't believe the fact that BHP sold the car without fully exploiting all the financial options with me.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Selling is a art. does not matter if you sell condoms, cars or nuclear warheads, some have the talent, some don't.
Countless times I was treated like a doormat, but I swallowed my pride, took a quick look at my childrens pictures and marched on. I killed them with kindness and instead of hurting them with my fists I attacked their wallet and they never saw it coming. In the end , I laughed all the way to the bank and I had another potential repeat/referal customer, mission accomplished. Profit was never a dirty word for me.

i worked my way up from low level brands but never could stomach taking a family to the cleaners making 2 k a month and hammering them with a $ 700 payment because they needed a car to get to work and they were uneducated. I am the exact opposit of a liberal but that was on of the resaons that I moved to high end lux cars because I never ever felt sorry to take a rich mans money and selfishly enrichening myself doing so.
Sounds ok to me. It's not up to the salesperson to educate people about finance. They may give options. They are there to sell but they shouldn't cross ethical boundaries like the guys at the Ford dealership in Seattle did to the guy who had mental problems.

Everyday I see people buy things they cannot afford or make rash, illogical decisions and do so very willingly. Who am I to stop them?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

[QUOTE=bucking]

Missed your what?
Res ipsa
Old 03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
bucking
Instructor

[QUOTE=allegretto]
Originally Posted by bucking

Res ipsa
loquitor. Yes, the thing does speak for itself. A rebuttable presumption: In this case, that you're the condom salesman as described by pole position?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Oh, ya had me cheering you on and then you went the with the "Robin Hood" yap and lost me.

If you're whom you say you are, you've packed away some poor souls along the way too.

Poor folks part with their money because they have to. Rich men do it when they want to. Don't think it's all up to you. But I still like your style, just don't mix the images too much, it's a distraction
LOL, good observation, yes I am 100 % guilty of sending poor suckers to the financial guillotine and the paycheck did not make a distinction where it came from but I am upset now because I could not put you under the ether with my Robin Hood story........
Old 03-01-2007, 05:58 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Given, the new GT3 is a hot and high demand car.

Seems to me if the OP really wanted the car that badly, had $25K down on it, knew who and what he was dealing with at BHP, he would have been proactive in getting the deal done and the car would be in his garage now.

The dealer has to be convinced you can close, if they have objective evidence that the deal wouldn't close they sold it to the buyer who could. What premium or price they got from the second guy is irrelevant, the only issue, which is still not clear in this entire thread is whether or not you truly qualified for the financing, be it a lease or purchase. You either did or didn't.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Nope, I'm an a$$hole too. Just a different profession.

If you are successful these days and cut through the BS and PC, many will call you "a$$hole". Comes with the territory.
What do you call the successful ******* as you defined it who hits a bump in the road and becomes unsuccessful?

Because everyone has their heads handed to them at some point you know. Does he just become a regular *******?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

what really matters is who is Icon's lady friend????

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills have another car ...