Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 S Project Coming

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:49 PM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

The chassis looks great. You're very fortunate to have stumbled on such a great deal. If I found a roller the same condition as yours I would definitely love to start a project like this.

I have to say that interior is just awesome.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:33 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I have RSS. Never tried Wevo, but I'm happy with my RSS ones
Thanks, they seem to be the defacto and high on my list.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:35 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Infinite1
The chassis looks great. You're very fortunate to have stumbled on such a great deal. If I found a roller the same condition as yours I would definitely love to start a project like this.

I have to say that interior is just awesome.
Thanks, that was the main reason I picked this car for the project. The seller had a 2006 or 07 C2S in Black with plain black interior and a Tranny (6sp) but everyone has one of those I like the unique color combo, even though it means a few more parts.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:21 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Just a quick update. I am getting near to picking up my hood and fenders, cowl and nav unit. I was able to find a very nice bumper cover with clear guard on it for about 200.00. I am designating May as the Brakes and Suspension month. June as the cooling systems month. I want to replace all the hoses.

one thing I picked up a gas cap at Newport Beach Porsche over the weekend. I was smelling gas really bad. Now the car wasn't smelling of gas until I plugged in the battery and started testing the electrical systems. Seems like there is a radio antenna missing somewhere. Any idea where that antenna goes? I know where the gps antenna goes.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:09 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Well, I'll have some pics tomorrow. I received my Fedex pacakage of parts today at 12:00. I have the front calipers, the cowl, bumper and other components. LA Dismantler did not have the hood and right fender so they gave me some others parts instead. I am not happy about that but must move on.

I plugged in the DVD Nav and voila, Navi and radio. I'll be putting in the passenger seatbelt, and foglights on the bumper. I am going to be installing the cowl. However there are two screws to use on the cowl However there are 3 pipes connected and I think I have to remove one in order to place the cowl flush to put the screws in. Does anyone know what these 3 pipes right in front of the battery are? I have been looking and can't seem to find a pic of them online but here are the 3 pipes. The one on the left looks like it needs to be pulled out in order to get the cowl in.

I have tried pulling on it but would like to know what it is, so if anyone has any insight please let me know.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:23 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

I received a large box of parts last week. I received 2 front calipers, the cowl panel and other parts.

One thing I noticed was that a connector from the harness was cut. This was the connector that goes from the wire harness to the windshield sprayer. Is it possible to get another connector, strip the wires and attach the connector piece back on?

I don't know much about the wiring but could this be possible? If not I don't have a connector for one of my windshield wiper sprayers.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
I received a large box of parts last week. I received 2 front calipers, the cowl panel and other parts.

One thing I noticed was that a connector from the harness was cut. This was the connector that goes from the wire harness to the windshield sprayer. Is it possible to get another connector, strip the wires and attach the connector piece back on?

I don't know much about the wiring but could this be possible? If not I don't have a connector for one of my windshield wiper sprayers.
Do you mean get another "type" of connector? It should be fine. That motor can't consume much power, so the connector type is not too important, assuming you match the wire size.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default wiper washer connector missing

Originally Posted by Chrono
Do you mean get another "type" of connector? It should be fine. That motor can't consume much power, so the connector type is not too important, assuming you match the wire size.
There is a connector that plugs into the windscreen sprayer. I have one side connected but the connector on the dirver side is missing. Looks like it was cut.

Here is a picture of the connector. It appears it was cut, probably in order to remove the Cowl and the tech just didn't take his/her time. I see the wires, would it be possible to buy a connector and splice it back together? Or am I looking at another wiring harness? I may be able to get a connector at a salvage? Any ideas? Thanks.

dtv
Old 06-28-2015, 02:24 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default windshield washer squirter

There is a connector that plugs into the windscreen sprayer. I have one side connected but the connector on the dirver side is missing. Looks like it was cut.

Here is a picture of the connector. It appears it was cut, probably in order to remove the Cowl and the tech just didn't take his/her time. I see the wires, would it be possible to buy a connector and splice it back together? Or am I looking at another wiring harness? I may be able to get a connector at a salvage? Any ideas? Thanks.

Here is a picture of the actual wire that looks like it was cut. I was wondering if I could find a proper connector and just splice the connector back onto the wires. Is this connector a sepearate part of do you have to get the whole wiring harness? Thxs.

dtv

It appears the wire was cut. The top left is the windshield sprayer and the clip is missing.

closer view

This is the passenger side windshield sprayer with the proper clip. I need the gray looking clip if possible.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:19 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 07-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting. I am from the South and have lots of uncles who put different motors in many different cars. Seems like fun but I am also somewhat of a purist.
It's just BEGGING for an LSx!!!

Man, that's an awesome project for $8k. I would have been inclined to purchase a roller, LS3 and a swap kit from Renegade had I the time to do so. You could have an LS-engined 911 with all the accoutrements and look of a 997 for less than $30k all-in.

And it would be arguably better than a GT3 or a Turbo.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:34 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

I am somewhat of a purist so nothing but a Porsche engine for now.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:42 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Hi RL, I took a few pictures of the front trunk area. It is starting to come together. Next on the agenda is the hood, 2 fenders and the bumper. I have the bumper already. Still sourcing for the hood and fenders.

Brakes and tires are coming up. I just bought two 6 ton jack stands. I will get two more and then put the car up on the jack stands. I read in the forum where there was a stong area right next to the jackpoint in the front to jack the car up. Is this part covered up by the undercover? I will need to find it in order to get the jack stands in.

I was able to find some trunk trim pieces from ebay and the dealer. Thanks Circle Porsche Parts department.

All covered up!

next month she will have some fenders. I do need the radiators though.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:08 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Default Bolting Fender on C2S

Hi RL. I was putting on my fender today and was surprised that I didn't have a few screws (no not my intelligence but metal srews). Well The driver side wheel had to come off and then once I got the fender lined up, i realize that the missing screws (in the pixs) were not the same size as the screws that bolted the fender on as the Circle Porsche parts guy had told me.

Can anyone take a look at the pixs and do you have any idea what size screw goes in thes 3 slots? I have looked on my PET digram but it just shows the screws for the fender along the top part of the car and not the part that screws onto the A panel.

Thanks.

I image this rotor has had it. althought I have heard they can be brought back to life. This is on my car and has a big lip. Will probably replace this rotor.

At the very bottom you can see two thin pieces of metal. One is from the fender and the other is from the A pillar chasis. What screw could go there? Also you can see the other bottom hole that needs a screw.

Here you can see the middle slot (not the black dot looking slot) directly left.

here is the top screw hole.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to have a project 911. We have a neighbor that has an original condition 911 SC.
The trans went at 40k. It has been sitting in his garage over 20 years. I would love to get my that car.

Quick Reply: 997 S Project Coming