991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To lift or not to lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,799 Likes on 2,197 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
of course that doesn't include the latest claim that somehow the lift compromises suspension performance as recently alleged by an unknown professional driver.
I appreciate that making a claim like that without providing specifics or supporting info is annoying - maybe I shouldn't have even mentioned it? It's not necessarily an issue of reduced suspension performance, might have more to do with reliability or durability. But that's speculation. I'll try to find out more.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:05 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I appreciate that making a claim like that without providing specifics or supporting info is annoying - maybe I shouldn't have even mentioned it? It's not necessarily an issue of reduced suspension performance, might have more to do with reliability or durability. But that's speculation. I'll try to find out more.
Manifold...I don't mean to skewer you on the issue. It would be nice to know one way or the other. Cheers !.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,799 Likes on 2,197 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Manifold...I don't mean to skewer you on the issue. It would be nice to know one way or the other. Cheers !.
No worries, I understand where you're coming from. Even if the lift could have some 'adverse effect', seems unlikely that it constitutes anything close a fatal flaw, so probably not anything anyone needs to worry much about.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:33 PM
MindlessMark07
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scycle2020
i know this has been discussed in part in other threads but since I may need to make a final decision in the next week or so i would like the final consenses on this. I an trying to keep the final price down so I am not going with extra leather- carbon fiber, the PCCB, etc. The car will be an occassional drive to work, weekend fun car and occassion track day car. Thanks for your insights.
Personally...It has saved my *** more than a couple of times
Old 11-10-2014, 11:09 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,788 Likes on 4,777 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
The debate rages on ;-)
Makes you yearn for one of those riveting GT3 versus Corvette/Z06 debates ...
Old 11-28-2014, 08:49 PM
AWW100
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today I got the car and within 1 hour I have already scratched the front lip underneath. I was parking on a slop parking lot and didn't realize it was that steep. I have the front lift system but didn't turn it on. As I said before, this is going to happen. The lift is most useful when we get into a situation that we can only scratch the bottom of we want to drive/move forward. It will be proven invaluable at that time.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:40 PM
Terry VA
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured I'd revive the thread with 2cents. Love, love, love the lift. I have speed bumps on roads just to get to and from home in Northern Virginia that would scrape me and the lift saves it every time. I just can't ever forget to hit that button!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:02 AM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of those problem driveways. Not as bad as some....but definitely a problem. My Vette would occasionally scrape and I was sweating bullets on this before my GT3 arrived. Luckily, the lift works perfectly....no scraping at all.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:03 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Amazing this is still be debated. Each buyer needs to buy what they love, and what will make them happy. Hate to say it boys we all spent between 130k to 165k on a toy(:
A toy, the proper function of which, your life and limbs depend on.

Got the lift. Had it on 7.2GT3 and it was magic. No lift on 6GT3 and have many tales of lost cup splitters despite careful approach angling.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:11 AM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no lift here. had a lift on a r8 last year and never really used it ... have had a gt2 lowered and 3 rseseseses lowered no issues in la and hills of LA. had a few scuffs on cup lip and gt2 rs lip but had replacements ready $200 bucks each.

Quick Reply: To lift or not to lift