Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Reingrün' / 'Pure Green', color code Y56...

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Where does PureGreen fall in the green/yellow spectrum relative to the others we've been obsessively discussing?
Your guess will be as good as mine. That photo is the first I have ever seen re: that color.

It's not a historic/vintage color that I am aware of. The Rennlister that sent that to me hails from Germany and is ordering an RS in that particular color. The color looks to me to be the family of 'Viper Green', perhaps with more yellow tint. But it's hard to tell from photos. I will shortly do a chapter on PTS 'greens' and will include all I know about 'Reingrün'...that part will be extremely short! But I do have a few more photos and 'digital representations' which might shed a bit more light on the subject.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-03-2015, 06:23 PM
hets72
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you sure you do not want to pursue a solid color 'Green'? That is where the truly unusual & beautiful shades of 'green' are currently found on the Porsche PTS list! Let me just suggest one that has rarely been seen or ordered. It is a color just recently approved for the 991. 'Reingrün' / 'Pure Green', color code Y56.

Remember that since all solids now have a final 'clear' coat, they all have a very shinny look reminiscent of earlier metallics. Food for thought.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel[/QUOTE]

Dear Eduardo - thanks again for the quick response - I really like your suggestion of "Reingruen" - but could not find any samples / car pictures when searching the Web - do you have any pics of an application of that colour on a car... thanks in advance,

Helmut

PS: As you say the oak green is a porsche family preferred color (Ferry's color) - but to me is too dark / elegant for a GT car....
Old 06-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Customers need access to the staff of 'Porsche Exclusive'

Originally Posted by hets72
Dear Eduardo - thanks again for the quick response - I really like your suggestion of "Reingruen" - but could not find any samples / car pictures when searching the Web - do you have any pics of an application of that colour on a car... thanks in advance, Helmut

PS: As you say the oak green is a porsche family preferred color (Ferry's color) - but to me is too dark / elegant for a GT car....
Helmut:

I agree with you on 'Oak Green Metallic'...in general these dark metallic greens are too 'sober' for a 991 gt3 or RS!

I have never seen a Porsche 991 painted in 'Reingrün' / 'Pure Green' neither...so we are in the same boat. The only additional information I have on the color are these samples provided by our German Rennlister contact:

When we run into a dead end like this, we have no choice but to approach the people that are paid good salaries by PAG and/or PCNA to answer precisely these questions for their customers. These are the folks that work at 'Porsche Exclusive'. In the US, the people to contact are Melissa Witek in Atlanta, Matthew Henry in Los Angeles...and their new manager based in Atlanta named Barbara Boeckenhoff. I urge all of you that have an allocation and are deciding on a PTS color (or any other 'Exclusive' option) to insist on talking/emailing these PCNA employees to make sure you get the correct type of information on your custom order before...it locks frozen!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...in-the-us.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-03-2015, 10:09 PM
2016RS
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Would love to see some colour for the interior of one of these green cars but currently only options are LO or silver accents. While I love the lava accents not so much on a green car and the silver accents are a little too bland. Any chance Porsche Exclusive will offer more suitable accents for the green cars (i.e., yellow or green per GT4 or 918) ?

cheers
Old 06-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Green' deviating stitching on a Porsche gt model...

Originally Posted by 2016RS
Would love to see some colour for the interior of one of these green cars...Any chance Porsche Exclusive will offer more suitable accents for the green cars (i.e., yellow or green per GT4 or 918) ?
As some of you know, Porsche offered a deviating stitching option in 'Green' for the .1 997 gt3 RS in MY2007 & MY2009. It was designed to compliment the awesome 'RS Green' exterior color introduced as a 'special color' ($3070 in '07, $3,140 in '08) on that model:

Traditionally, Porsche has been particular strict on the color of interiors on their gt special vehicles. They took a Henry Ford approach...any color you wanted as long as it was 'black'. I don't know about earlier 'RS' in the 993/996 era, but in the .1 997 era they offered both an 'orange' and 'green' deviating stitching option on the RS. Once those two colors became PTS in the .2 997 gt3 RS era, the 'green' or 'orange' deviating stitching option was no longer mentioned in the order guides. With the new 991 model introduction in late 2011 as a MY2012, Porsche stopped offering anyone a 'green' deviating stitching option. They briefly allowed some unique 'acid green' deviating stitching on some special 991 examples:

And even this 'acid green' stitching disappear in 2013 or so. Since I had been planning since 2011 to replace my old 'Signal Green' 2007 997S coupe with a PTS 'Signal Green' 991 (S model, not gt3), I have been urging 'Porsche Exclusive' since 2012 to offer a truly 'green' stitching option. And so far, that campaign has been totally unsuccessful. That is for the regular 991/981 series...which is the one most likely to be allowed such a deviating stitching option.

In the gt cars, since at least the 997 era Porsche limited the deviating stitching colors to just two. For the 991 gt3, it was 'Platinum' and 'Red'. For the 991 gt3 RS now it's just 'Platinum' and 'Lava Orange'. In the 981 gt4, it's 'Platinum', 'Guards Red' and 'Racing Yellow'. As noted by 2016RS, the fact they have added one additional possibility to the gt4 (racing yellow) gives us hope that other colors might be introduced in future models. But it will not be anytime soon. In the case of the gt4, PAG made a decision to feature 'Racing Yellow' paint as the poster child for this new model. And they went the extra distance by providing a deviating interior stitching in that same color. The latter color stitching happens to work quite well with most PTS 'Green' colors you might choose for that model. So those of you waiting for PTS on the gt4 will have the added bonus of being able to have a stitching that might work nicely with 'Viper Green', 'Signal Green', 'Reingrün/Pure Green', 'RS Green', 'Lichtgrün/Birch Green' and 'Gelbgrün'!

Rennlister JUPJAI has just taken delivery of a stunning 'Lichtgrün/Birch Green' 911 Turbo S Cabriolet with contrasting 'Racing Yellow' stitching on his 'Espresso' interior. It's positively smashing! Because 'Racing Yellow' has quite a bit of 'lemon/lime green' tint in it, it works just right!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...d-today-2.html

But sadly, we will probably not see again 'Green' deviating stitching on a Porsche gt model until, once again, an exotic 'Green Paint' is featured as a special color for such a model (as it happened in 2007/2008 with the 'RS Green' gt3 RS).

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 06-04-2015, 05:33 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Really? Looks like split pea soup!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:12 PM
2016RS
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

... As noted by 2016RS, the fact they have added one additional possibility to the gt4 (racing yellow) gives us hope that other colors might be introduced in future models. But it will not be anytime soon. In the case of the gt4, PAG made a decision to feature 'Racing Yellow' paint as the poster child for this new model ....

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo

Thanks for delineating the connection between GT cars and interior options - I never quite understood the rationale until now.

I'm going to request 253 Birch Green with Racing Yellow stitching on an RS and report back. As blasphemous as it seems too bad we can't do Espresso leather interiors on GT cars ... (don't hate me I'm still learning).

Canadians seem to be having luck with custom orders these days so we'll see ...

cheers
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2015, 06:17 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

My requests for a deviation to their current deviated stitching options (GT Silver, Orange) was strongly rejected.

Just FYI.

(Still, worth trying.)
Old 06-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

split pea soup with added protein...
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Latest Paint to Sample PTS List dated 5/15/2015

Latest PTS list dated 5/12/2015, now with Macan PTS added. This means that the Macan, for the first time, will be able to be ordered with the PTS option. To my knowledge, the Cayenne is now the only model that PTS is not available for. Perhaps that will change when production of this model is fully done - from A to Z - at Bratislava, Slovakia coming up in 2016. Leipzig is currently doing 100% of the Macan and the assembly of the Panamera (first part done - up to painted chassis - at VW plant at Hanover).

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in Cupertino
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Color to Sample, 5-12-2015.pdf (130.5 KB, 848 views)

Last edited by Z356; 06-05-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:54 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Latest PTS list dated 5/15/2015, now with Macan PTS added. This means that the Macan, for the first time, will be able to be ordered with the PTS option. To my knowledge, the Cayenne is now the only model that PTS is not available for. Perhaps that will change when production of this model is fully done - from A to Z - at Bratislava, Slovakia coming up in 2016. Leipzig is currently doing 100% of the Macan and the assembly of the Panamera (first part done - up to painted chassis - at VW plant at Hanover).
Nice! Thanks for the updated list, as always, Eduardo!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:12 PM
aboodchy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eduardo do you know what red PTS shade is closest to candy apple red? I'm thinking the new impulse red but is it available yet as a PTS color?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:42 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meissen Blue feasibility started!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:08 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like viper isn't offered?
Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 PM
bigkraig