spencang
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Very nice! Now I really can't wait!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 AM
spencang
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Got my Dunlop Direzza Star Specs (that's a mouthful!) and I love them! I have an aggressive alignment on my car and my last tires felt like I felt every bump and it go with every variation in the road. These actually smoothed out the ride while giving tremendous grip. I used to be able to easily get a little sideways while applying throttle mid-turn. Now, I have not been able to do that at the same amount of throttle input. I went on a 3 hour ride and I am impressed, so far. I can't wait to take my car to the next autocross!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:36 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spencang
I have Boxster 17s, 8.5 on the rear and 7 on the front. I only drive it occasionally on the street, usually on the weekends on the twisty roads in the Bay Area. I can't remember the last time I drove it in the rain. That being said, I am looking at getting the Dunlop Star Specs, 225 and 255, because of the review on Tire Rack.

Any other recommendations? What about Falken Azensis?
toyo ra1 if you`re after grip. they are r-comps but pretty durable. not same grip as on hoosiers, but still more than on non-r comp tires. If you want normal street non-r comps I would vote for potenza re11.

Quick Reply: New Tires on my Ride?