Sponsored by:

Wheel tire guru advice sought PSM

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
6ocyclehum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel tire guru advice sought PSM

Bit of a dilemma here, I've got a nice set of BBS Sport Classics left over from my recently sold Arctic Silver 996. I painted them black and put a set of Pilot Sport Rib tires on them (these are the wheels in my avatar), with fronts like new, rears about 60% or so on them. Really love them.

Here's a link to the thread that I posted when I first got them:https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...es-w-pics.html

Traded my 996 in on a Arctic Silver Cayman S. I'd like to mount these wheels and tires on my Cayman and at least use up the rear tires. Problem is this:
Cayman stock wheels/tires:
235-40-18 8" width ET 57
265-40-18 9" width ET 40
BBS Sport Classics:
225-40-18 7.5" width ET 50
265-35-18 10" width ET 65
Obviously, based on the above I would have never bought these for the Cayman. I have to add a 1" spacer at the rears, and the rear diameter is 3.95% different than stock. Will this mess with the PSM or antilock measurements? Would not take this set up to the track, but just use it for around town, occasionally twisty country road.
Am I wasting my time here? Should I just sell them? The only ones I've found just like them with the correct Cayman size/offset are the Italian knock-offs, and the rears are 10".

Quick Reply: Wheel tire guru advice sought PSM