Notices

Best PPF Installer Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 06:06 PM
ekort
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got my car yesterday, they did a excellent job on the the installation of my PPF (full hood, full front fenders, headlight, full front bumper and side mirrors). Located in Union City if you're close by.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:59 PM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
I have found another installer that some others on the forum have used with good reviews. Much better pricing. Invisiguard Clear Bra. Guys name is Jeremy. They are on yelp if anyone wants to check them out.

Anyone in the Bay Area use them?
Yes, Jeremy did my car. Very pleased with what he did. He used a pattern, so it was not a custom wrap ... but it was less expensive which suited me.

Robert at AutoProFilms is the custom guy I would go to. I spent an hour watching him at his shop ... amazing work.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:00 PM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Recently, had a respray on my car due to sandstorm damage. On recommendation from a friend, had Summit Auto Body in Belmont do it. Great paint job.

Summit recommended Auto Pro Films for PPF. Robert there did an excellent job. I can and do highly recommend him. Lone wolf, so, you know who is working on your car. Also, in Belmont.
I also recommend Robert
Old 12-19-2017, 12:46 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

OCDetailing quoted me $9,500 for a full car PPF. The process starts with paint correction and requires them to have the vehicle for 7 days. Given the amount of work they put into the job and Joe’s exhaustive knowledge of paint correction and protection, I didn’t blink but I am pretty interested in the Clearguard Nano product and Premier is an installer.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,074 Likes on 1,168 Posts

My GT4 came with a little over $5,000 of wrap from Premier in Fremont.
Full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, lights, mirrors, full doors rocket panels and scoop, door cups, and rear inner arches.
The "Liquid Gloss Factor" of the ClearGuard NANO is the highest of any PPF on the market.
And yes, the work done is impeccable!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:55 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

anyone have anybody in the contra costa area they recommend?
Old 01-30-2018, 04:39 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Omegawerks in Pleasanton, highly recommend perfectionists and the golden standard in customer service even long after you have paid and received your work done- they will stand by their work.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:01 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
I have found another installer that some others on the forum have used with good reviews. Much better pricing. Invisiguard Clear Bra. Guys name is Jeremy. They are on yelp if anyone wants to check them out.

Anyone in the Bay Area use them?
Curious - did you end up going with them? If so, do you mind PMing me on their quote. I'm considering PPF and would be interested if there is a reasonably priced option in the area. The prices in the thread are a bit high for what I'm looking for - which is just basic protection against rock chips on the front area of the car, and maybe a bit on rear hips. .
Old 02-14-2018, 05:32 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Been trying to get in touch with Carbonite, but to no avail. Haven't responded to email or phone calls. Their phone system goes direct to a generic Google voicemail. Doesn't give me the best feeling...

Originally Posted by jnolan
OCDetailing quoted me $9,500 for a full car PPF. The process starts with paint correction and requires them to have the vehicle for 7 days. Given the amount of work they put into the job and Joe’s exhaustive knowledge of paint correction and protection, I didn’t blink but I am pretty interested in the Clearguard Nano product and Premier is an installer.
Did you wind up hiring OCDetailing? How did it turn out?
Old 02-15-2018, 08:44 PM
jnolan
Pro

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Been trying to get in touch with Carbonite, but to no avail. Haven't responded to email or phone calls. Their phone system goes direct to a generic Google voicemail. Doesn't give me the best feeling...
Did you wind up hiring OCDetailing? How did it turn out?
Funny you should ask. I just got home after picking up my car from having PPF work done. I respect the quality of the work that OCDetailing does but was getting heartburn over the price, and having to go across the bay to Fremont was enough of a reason to put off doing it.

I went with Fernando Guzman from Clear Mask do XPEL on the bumper, fenders, deck lid, rocker panels, door handles, and inside the rear wheel wells. His price was competitive and he spent 2 days working on it at Status Auto in Redwood City, which is 10 minutes from my house. The quality of the work is outstanding.

Speaking of Status Auto, I was really surprised to find this shop. They have a large facility on Spring St. and can do track prep in addition to service needs. They have Porsche diagnostic equipment, and a really slick alignment table that they have sunk into the floor.

Fernando's number is 650-380-1084 and email is clearmask650@yahoo.com.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:05 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Funny you should ask. I just got home after picking up my car from having PPF work done. I respect the quality of the work that OCDetailing does but was getting heartburn over the price, and having to go across the bay to Fremont was enough of a reason to put off doing it.

I went with Fernando Guzman from Clear Mask do XPEL on the bumper, fenders, deck lid, rocker panels, door handles, and inside the rear wheel wells. His price was competitive and he spent 2 days working on it at Status Auto in Redwood City, which is 10 minutes from my house. The quality of the work is outstanding.

Speaking of Status Auto, I was really surprised to find this shop. They have a large facility on Spring St. and can do track prep in addition to service needs. They have Porsche diagnostic equipment, and a really slick alignment table that they have sunk into the floor.

Fernando's number is 650-380-1084 and email is clearmask650@yahoo.com.
Did you have the car paint corrected and detailed first? I spoke to OCD and they sound like they know what they're doing and the price they quoted me to wrap the entire car is high. But it includes full paint correction and ceramic pro. So there's that, but I dunno.

Not a lot of well-known, established PPF shops up here in the Bay. Down in LA there are tons.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:13 PM
jnolan
Pro

Yes, they did paint correction but I am pretty meticulous about my wash process (I use Optimum no rinse wash/wax) and there were just a couple visible lines that needed to be polished out. I asked Fernando about the paint correction and he has a separate guy come in to do that part of the process.

I have a ceramic polish on my wife’s E63 wagon and was admiring how well that has held up over the last year. There isn’t a single swirl mark or scratch in that paint. I recall taking a deep breath when I paid $1,500 to that car detailed last year (mobile, came to my house so it’s a little more $ than a shop) but now I have to say that I am a big fan of ceramic coatings.

Looking at the PPF a little more closely now that I am home, Fernando does really nice work.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:18 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Yes, they did paint correction but I am pretty meticulous about my wash process (I use Optimum no rinse wash/wax) and there were just a couple visible lines that needed to be polished out. I asked Fernando about the paint correction and he has a separate guy come in to do that part of the process.

I have a ceramic polish on my wife’s E63 wagon and was admiring how well that has held up over the last year. There isn’t a single swirl mark or scratch in that paint. I recall taking a deep breath when I paid $1,500 to that car detailed last year (mobile, came to my house so it’s a little more $ than a shop) but now I have to say that I am a big fan of ceramic coatings.

Looking at the PPF a little more closely now that I am home, Fernando does really nice work.
He got a business and website or is he a lone wolf haha ?

EDIT: Oh wait I get it. He's not affiliated with Status Auto. Kind of confusing how three different vendors were working together to do this, how'd it all get arranged logistically? You have to pay Status as well to use their facility?
Old 02-15-2018, 09:34 PM
jnolan
Pro

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
He got a business and website or is he a lone wolf haha ?

EDIT: Oh wait I get it. He's not affiliated with Status Auto. Kind of confusing how three different vendors were working together to do this, how'd it all get arranged logistically? You have to pay Status as well to use their facility?
https://clearmask650.weebly.com/

no, I didn't pay Status. They were super gracious to me when I dropped off and picked up the car. Sergio, the shop manager, spent a bunch of time with me talking about how they align and setup a car for the track, showing me the custom parts on their GT3 RS cup car, and talking cars in general. There is a booth setup in the shop for wraps and PPF with good lighting and work surfaces. I suspect he rents it to Fernando.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 PM
jnolan
Pro

btw, it is worth highlighting that Fernando is the guy that does your car at Carlsen when you have the dealer PPF the car for you. My experience is that that dealers work with the better installers.

Quick Reply: Best PPF Installer Bay Area