Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   West US Rennlist Region (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-rennlist-region-97/)
-   -   Best PPF Installer Bay Area (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-rennlist-region/972397-best-ppf-installer-bay-area.html)

cajerseyboy 01-24-2017 10:26 PM

Best PPF Installer Bay Area

I'm considering installers for Paint Protection Film in the Bay Area and need your recommendations.

Premier Protection Film International in Fremont seems to have very good reviews and high prices to boot. They use Prestige Film Technologies products who's headquarters are also in the Bay Area.

I'm also looking at OCDetailing also in Fremont. They specialize in Opti Coat and paint correction but also install PPF.

Any experience with these or others that you would recommend?

Thanks for the suggestions! :cheers:

MotoJB 01-25-2017 06:19 PM

Looking to get some of this done on mine as well. What prices are you getting quoted, BTW? (just wondering in general what this stuff costs). Thanks.

cajerseyboy 01-25-2017 07:17 PM

I got this pricing from Premiere.

1. Full hood – 625

2. Full front fenders – 890

3. Front bumper – 890

4. Lights – 190

MotoJB 01-25-2017 08:09 PM

Wow, crazy expensive.

cajerseyboy 01-25-2017 08:27 PM

Yes but I hear they are impeccable.

MotoJB 01-25-2017 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by NA430GTS (Post 13911440)
Yes but I hear they are impeccable.

As they should/better be at those prices.

I'd rather pay more for a superb job of course, it's just a tad shocking how much that film install costs.

cajerseyboy 02-09-2017 12:50 PM

I have found another installer that some others on the forum have used with good reviews. Much better pricing. Invisiguard Clear Bra. Guys name is Jeremy. They are on yelp if anyone wants to check them out.

Anyone in the Bay Area use them?

ltcjmramos 02-09-2017 01:06 PM

^ Location?

cajerseyboy 02-09-2017 01:16 PM

San Francisco on yelp but they moved down to the peninsula a year or two ago

MoeMistry 02-10-2017 12:08 PM

Premiere and OCDetailing are the two I'm familiar with. They each have different value propositions, so you have to weigh in which one is right for YOU.

Premiere is known as one of the pioneers in the PPF industry installation. They do very good work and their prices are in-line with the quality of their work.

OCDetailing does very good work as well and the added value to you is he's one of the top detailers in the country. Joe and I are both Finest installer and are very OCD about our work. So, with this shop, you can get the paint dialed in first and remove all the factory microswirls and sand marks, install ppf on a pristine surface, then nano coat the film to protect it further.

Hope that helps...cannot go wrong with either shop

boostedt0y 02-11-2017 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by MoeMistry (Post 13949113)
Premiere and OCDetailing are the two I'm familiar with. They each have different value propositions, so you have to weigh in which one is right for YOU.

Premiere is known as one of the pioneers in the PPF industry installation. They do very good work and their prices are in-line with the quality of their work.

OCDetailing does very good work as well and the added value to you is he's one of the top detailers in the country. Joe and I are both Finest installer and are very OCD about our work. So, with this shop, you can get the paint dialed in first and remove all the factory microswirls and sand marks, install ppf on a pristine surface, then nano coat the film to protect it further.

Hope that helps...cannot go wrong with either shop

contact Ian at Carbonite Detailing in Burlingame. He works with Mykodesign for clear bra.

ekort 10-04-2017 01:30 AM

I brought my car last Monday in Union City at Tint World. Well i'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow am (10/04/17). I will let you know if it passed my standards. They did full hood, full fender, and full bumper. Also I added a 45% tint all the way around the car.

ltcjmramos 10-04-2017 09:20 AM

Recently, had a respray on my car due to sandstorm damage. On recommendation from a friend, had Summit Auto Body in Belmont do it. Great paint job.

Summit recommended Auto Pro Films for PPF. Robert there did an excellent job. I can and do highly recommend him. Lone wolf, so, you know who is working on your car. Also, in Belmont.

geemman 10-04-2017 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had my clear bra done at Premier Protection Film International in Fremont and they did a great job. They are friendly and very informative. I had my whole front, full hood, both mirrors, rocker panels and rear wheel well done.

Ask for Greg.

I just looked up in my email the pricing that i was quoted back in June 2017.

1) Full Hood $650.00
2) Full Front Fenders $890.00
3) Front Bumper - 2 options
a) Precut multi piece - $690.00
b) Custom - $890.00
4) Lights - $190.00
5) Mirrors - $190.00
6) Full Doors - $990.00
7) Rocker Panels - $690.00
8) Full Rear quarter panels - $890.00
9) Rear Deck - $890.00
10) Rear Bumber - $890.00

They require a $100.00 non-refundable deposit.

They are a bit pricey. All in all i paid in the ball park of 3,100.00.

I had a piece in the front grill start to come up and they fixed it with no questions asked and did a great job fixing the problem.

Attachment 1258095

Originally Posted by NA430GTS (Post 13909177)
I'm considering installers for Paint Protection Film in the Bay Area and need your recommendations.

Premier Protection Film International in Fremont seems to have very good reviews and high prices to boot. They use Prestige Film Technologies products who's headquarters are also in the Bay Area.

I'm also looking at OCDetailing also in Fremont. They specialize in Opti Coat and paint correction but also install PPF.

Any experience with these or others that you would recommend?

Thanks for the suggestions! :cheers:

Ticket Target 10-04-2017 02:46 PM

I used Golden State Auto Glass & Tinting in San Jose. http://www.goldenstateautoglassandtint.com
They did a full wrap of the front end. Wrapped wherever possible around the edges. I think I paid around $1800.. Came recommended by Stevens Creek Porsche.