Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA

We're buying a home in Rancho Cucamonga CA and we will be living there about 1/2 the year (and the other 1/2 in MA). We should be closing in either late Jan. or early Feb.

Can anyone recommend a good Porsche Dealer for Service in the area? It doesn't have to be the closest one, just a good dealer to work with. Right now, I drive about 50 miles to the dealer where I bought the car even though there's a dealer about 6 miles away. It doesn't bother me a bit and they always give me a loaner to drive back anyway.

Thanks for your advice.
Charlie

PS. I'd also like to hook up with the local PCA Chapter. Can someone give me a contact person, either publicly or by private message. I'm already a PCA member but will be keeping my NE Chapter membership as well. Thanks again!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:39 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie C
Can anyone recommend a good Porsche Dealer for Service in the area? It doesn't have to be the closest one, just a good dealer to work with. Right now, I drive about 50 miles to the dealer where I bought the car even though there's a dealer about 6 miles away. It doesn't bother me a bit and they always give me a loaner to drive back anyway.
I'd like to hear thoughts on this subject as well. We just bought our S from The Auto Gallery in Thousand Oaks last month and we have one return visit to take care of a couple items we negotiated with the deal. (Colored crests in the wheel centers, a couple of leather key chains, and a minor service item.)

I've spoken to the service manager a couple of times setting up our return and I'd rate his attitude as "polite but not greatly interested" if that makes sense. It occurs to me that we're used to having the finest model the dealer handles, and now we just bought a Porsche from a guy who floorplans Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini as well. My personal ranking of those cars won't matter to guys who can't afford any of them but know the list prices. Maybe we won't get the attentive care for our car that we demand.

Any experiences to share about dealers in Southern California? Like Charlie, we're willing to drive to reach a dealer we can trust. We already live 50 miles from The Auto Gallery, so we should ask around before getting too used to them I think.

Gary
Old 01-01-2010, 01:41 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charlie C
PS. I'd also like to hook up with the local PCA Chapter. Can someone give me a contact person, either publicly or by private message. I'm already a PCA member but will be keeping my NE Chapter membership as well. Thanks again!
By the way, let me welcome you to California, Charlie. I'd give you information about the local chapter, but this 997 is my first Porsche. I'm just as new to the region in that sense as you are.

Gary
Old 01-01-2010, 12:55 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Put me down as "another interested party". I am moving to Palm Desert in January, and I am looking for a reliable dealer or independent shop as well. I have heard good things about Desert European Motorcars in Rancho Mirage, but I don't have first-hand experience with them (yet), and they might be a little too far for you guys.

The local chapter of PCA is Riverside Region: http://www.riversidepca.org/

Good luck and welcome to California.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fgv1it
Put me down as "another interested party". I am moving to Palm Desert in January, and I am looking for a reliable dealer or independent shop as well. I have heard good things about Desert European Motorcars in Rancho Mirage, but I don't have first-hand experience with them (yet), and they might be a little too far for you guys.

The local chapter of PCA is Riverside Region: http://www.riversidepca.org/

Good luck and welcome to California.
Thanks. By the way, I've been to Palm Desert twice. We were there in Dec 2007 and it was just beautiful.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:29 PM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

Walters in Riverside is good, but I also know of two great Indies: Loren in Montclair: www.nine11design.com and Don in Riverside: http://www.pmporsche.com/. Charlie C - I was raised in Rancho, what brought you there?

Jeff

Last edited by jmla; 01-03-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmla
Hi Guys,

Walters in Riverside is good, but I know of two good Indies: Loren in Montclair: www.nine11design.com and Don in Riverside: http://www.pmporsche.com/. Charlie C - I was raised in Rancho, what brought you there?

Jeff
Jeff,
Thanks for the info. I'm keeping all this info. in a Word doc.

We plan on living in Rancho to escape the NE Winters. I just got in for gassing up my Winter Beater (Nissan Pathfinder) and my hands are still frozen. Snow may look pretty in pictures but it's no fun to shovel or drive in. We'll spend 1/2 the year in Rancho and 1/2 the year in MA. My Boxster S Anniv. now sits with a trickle charger to keep the battery from dying. I had it out last week when the roads were clean but now the roads are full of slush embedded with tons of salt. No way my P car is getting full of that sh*t! Can't wait to get my baby in CA.

Thanks again for replying.

Charlie
Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie,

My partner and I have friends in ME that share your sentiments about winter. We should meet up after you get settled in, I haven't been to this gathering yet: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/, but I hear that it's quite an event.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Charlie,

My partner and I have friends in ME that share your sentiments about winter. We should meet up after you get settled in, I haven't been to this gathering yet: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/, but I hear that it's quite an event.

Jeff
I'll contact you once we get settled. Thanks again.
Charlie
PS. I'll have to check out the carsandcoffee too.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:27 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,

Walters in Riverside is good, but I also know of two great Indies: Loren in Montclair: www.nine11design.com and Don in Riverside: http://www.pmporsche.com/. Charlie C - I was raised in Rancho, what brought you there?

Jeff
I've heard of Precision Motion before, but I've never been sure what the warranty issues are in using an independent. Don't you have to stick with a dealer during the warranty period?

Gary
Old 01-23-2010, 03:00 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Welcome to So Cal.

If you are in Orange County please feel free to stop by the shop.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA