Notices

Porsche Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 10:08 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Porsche Dealers

A little bit of venting, but have had exceptional service at Porsche Newport Beach in the last 3 months since getting my new to me, 991.2 CPO but twice now have walked out of Porsche of Irvine and thats it for me with them. Anyone have the same experience with Porsche of Irvine?

Oddly years ago with an Audi, I went to Porsche Newport and they were arrogant and overly expensive and I told myself back then, never go back. Now since Porsche of Irvine opened, my first experience with them was as a walk in to chat with a Service Advisor, this is about 4 years ago on my 991.1 Cab. If you know their location, you drive up dead smack in front of everyone so they cant miss you but somehow they do and I stood there forever waiting and finally got annoyed, went over to reception and asked her if she could get anyone of the advisors that all saw me and didnt get up to help me. Finally someone came over but acted like they cared less about me being there. I took my car in under CPO and they did the repair. Never needed to go back and always went to Redline Automotive in Orange for service and maintenance that wasnt CPO. Still always go to Redline if/when can. Jump ahead to now and this past Saturday, same situation again. My 991.2 CPO and I drove up at 12noon. No other cars nor customers around that I could see but only two advisors sitting at their desks. Once again, I stood there waiting for someone to come out and ask if I needed help. Nope, 10 min later I finally poke my head in like does anyone want to help me. Ghost town so I finally left again. Unbelievable crap experience. its one thing if they are busy but it was all but empty and no one could be bothered to come out into their service driveway.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:04 PM
Jim Richards
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I had one scheduled service at Porsche of Irvine and my experience there was excellent. But, that’s only a sample of one, so, that’s not statistically significant.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:20 PM
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 116 Posts

Not to sound like a dick, but generally the receptionist is there to say “hey xyz is here for x service”. Very and I mean very rarely have I ever been greeted by a service advisor upon walking in and this applies to Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, and BMW, even if I have appointment.

Once I’m “checked in” things go smoothly with no issues.

Now I’ve experienced what you have as well, but on the sales side in which I said screw this place because I’m not going to beg someone to spend my money.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:34 PM
dommydom
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had some pretty bad experiences with Irvine. A couple years ago I had an issue with my Macan's transmission. The service advisor rode with me and verified they experienced the issue but then the tech said there wasn't anything wrong with it. So then they both rode with me and the tech said that was how it was supposed to sound and asked me if I've ever driven a Macan before. Uh, obviously I have, I bought the car new and had it for 3 years by then. The issue got all the way up to the foreman who misdiagnosed it as an exhaust hanger. Then all three of them refused to accept it was an issue at all when nothing had changed the entire time. Then I took it to Newport and guess what? Verified the issue and replaced the entire transmission under warranty.

Even though Irvine and Newport are under the same owners, I've generally found Newport to offer better service. Don't even get me started about the clutch issue on my 991 Touring I asked them to help me with.

I will say, however, the two bright spots at Irvine are a service advisor named Henry and one of the finance managers who helped me purchase my extended warranty. Other than that, I loathe going to Irvine and avoid it if I can.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:08 AM
Capaldi
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Riverside and Ontario are pretty darn good and just a bit north of you.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:09 AM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 7382929296
Not to sound like a dick, but generally the receptionist is there to say “hey xyz is here for x service”. Very and I mean very rarely have I ever been greeted by a service advisor upon walking in and this applies to Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, and BMW, even if I have appointment.

Once I’m “checked in” things go smoothly with no issues.

Now I’ve experienced what you have as well, but on the sales side in which I said screw this place because I’m not going to beg someone to spend my money.
Nope not at all but at this location, the receptionist is off to the side and is set up more so for sales. The advisors are dead center. Newport will come out and greet every time and even after someone is helping, someone always still comes over and asks if I have been helped while I am waiting. Newport has a service greeter right as you pull up and I always see someone there. Irvine has a stand thats supposed to have service greeter but the 4 total times i have been there over 4 years, never once saw that person and never once had anyone ask to help me. So mixed reviews and I didnt realize that Porsche Irvine and Porsche Newport are the same owners. So now we know its the service manager and GM that are the difference. I dont need anyone kissing my *** but I despise going to a service business and being left to stand around and not even acknowledged. I am in sales and hell, if I worked there in sales and saw someone standing around, even as a salesperson I would walk over and ask if someone needs help because you never know if that might be your next customer. But then again, you might also open a can of worms and get pulled into a bad service issue too. Thanks for the replies, good to hear some have had a good experience.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:11 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 214 Posts

I can attest that Irvine can feel a bit "snooty" with some of their SAs making you "feel" like you're wasting their time. I had an experience back when Irvine first opened that was really off putting. Not so much with the SA but the GM. I took my business to Riverside, which was much better to work with. My guy at Riverside ended up leaving the Porsche brand and I've since switched to Newport and the guys I've worked with in both sales and service have been great. My only gripe about Newport was the size of the dealership and lack of parking but that is now being fixed since they've knocked down the whole building and are rebuilding the entire building as a brand new Porsche dealership.
Old 02-15-2024, 02:11 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3uros
I can attest that Irvine can feel a bit "snooty" with some of their SAs making you "feel" like you're wasting their time. I had an experience back when Irvine first opened that was really off putting. Not so much with the SA but the GM. I took my business to Riverside, which was much better to work with. My guy at Riverside ended up leaving the Porsche brand and I've since switched to Newport and the guys I've worked with in both sales and service have been great. My only gripe about Newport was the size of the dealership and lack of parking but that is now being fixed since they've knocked down the whole building and are rebuilding the entire building as a brand new Porsche dealership.
Yes for sure on all fronts. I hadnt been to Newport in such a long time until recently at their temporary location but I am sure the new place will be amazing when done. But Simon, my Advisor said its probably 2 years away from completion. I had only gone to Irvine as second opinion on my headlights but I'll locate the next closest Porsche dealer and see what they say.

Thanks again for the feedback
The following users liked this post:
3uros (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 02:27 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by pkancel
Yes for sure on all fronts. I hadnt been to Newport in such a long time until recently at their temporary location but I am sure the new place will be amazing when done. But Simon, my Advisor said its probably 2 years away from completion. I had only gone to Irvine as second opinion on my headlights but I'll locate the next closest Porsche dealer and see what they say.

Thanks again for the feedback
I would try Long Beach over Irvine.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:37 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3uros
I would try Long Beach over Irvine.
Will do, I think they are the next closest location or Ontario but easier to get up to LGB
Old 02-17-2024, 02:12 PM
innout
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I purchased my CPO from Riverside Porsche, and the sales staff was good. I wouldn't say they overly impressed me in anyways, but they delivered on anything they promised. Professionally taken care of too. I can't say anything about their service department as I've never used them.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:43 PM
dommydom
Advanced

OP, did you end up going to Long Beach or Ontario? Planning to make a visit to one or the other soon and would love to know your thoughts, or anyone else's for that matter.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:53 PM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dommydom
OP, did you end up going to Long Beach or Ontario? Planning to make a visit to one or the other soon and would love to know your thoughts, or anyone else's for that matter.
neither yet, just too busy with work but going to Long Beach in the coming weeks
Old 03-22-2024, 01:13 AM
FishingForFishes
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I’ve been shopping cars and find SoCal area dealers a real mixed bag. Class acts in Westlake when I went for a test drive.

The opposite in Fresno. Sales associate there and their manager lied to me repeatedly for weeks, assured me I didn’t need a deposit on a car I was begging them to take my money for, then sold it to someone else. A dishonest, trash dealership.

The following 3 users liked this post by FishingForFishes:
996love (07-11-2024), bradthe (07-10-2024), vg247 (03-22-2024)
Old 04-20-2024, 01:11 PM
dommydom
Advanced

Went to Long Beach for some warranty work and am very happy I did. Taycan loaner, great web app for service notifications, and a prompt video of the multi-point inspection/initial evaluation of concerns. Will be going to Long Beach for the Touring and Macan from now on.

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealers