Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 12:08 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

Heeeeeeere’s Johnny!

I hoped one of my PNW truck mates had some exciting gossip they gleaned from their sales rep about early deliveries.

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
J. Blossom Alumni...who's still waiting besides me?
Old 05-04-2024, 01:01 AM
freesole
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 63 Posts

J. Blossom Alumni...
who's still waiting besides me?
Still here too! Not looking likely for a 5/8 delivery now though.
Old 05-04-2024, 01:10 AM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
I just got word that my 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T is ready for pickup tomorrow morning. More Ruby Star Neo photos coming tomorrow.
Have you received any emails and/or did TYD update? My dates are sill listed for next week 5/7 and 5/8.
I am happy you are getting your car. Congratulations on graduating from the group.
Old 05-04-2024, 02:05 AM
OpieSF
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
Congrats and happy graduation! Nice shade of blue. And you won the Michelin lottery too!

Once your car landed in Benicia, would you mind sharing on how long it took to arrive in Seattle?
Of course, and I am beyond happy that the car was delivered with Michelins.

Glovis Companion docked at Benecia on April 11 and the car was delivered to Porsche Bellevue late on April 23. PDI and prep took several days and were I in town I could have taken delivery as soon as April 26.

It was sooooooo worth the wait.
The following 2 users liked this post by OpieSF:
Earle (05-05-2024), Marin Vizsla (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 05:11 AM
ajmza
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Got the update that my car is waiting at Emden for the boat that departs on 5/22. Anyone else here on that boat? I'm in Seattle.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:35 PM
OpieSF
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BaxterB
More pics please.
Here are a few more. I thought I was going to take a bunch of shots but ended up wanting to get her out on the road ASAP.

The following 6 users liked this post by OpieSF:
3uros (05-11-2024), BaxterB (05-04-2024), Earle (05-04-2024), Marin Vizsla (05-04-2024), Mondo1 (05-04-2024), n4v4nod (05-04-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-05-2024, 01:10 PM
freesole
Instructor

So... what are the chances the truck shows up magically in Seattle tomorrow and we all get emails?
The following users liked this post:
Earle (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 01:29 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
So... what are the chances the truck shows up magically in Seattle tomorrow and we all get emails?
Believe in magic! and Track Your Dreams
I hope we see some movement this week! It is good news that @zanary's car was delivered this weekend. I am assuming they have all completed the customs check. Now it's up to the trucks to get them to the dealers.

I gave in and went to my dealer Saturday (yesterday), I got a fair amount accomplished and gathered some intel on my future delivery. I spoke with my SA and the sales manager and they both indicated there is a significant backlog of Porsches (~1300) in Benicia waiting for shipment. I got the impression they are motivated to get them into the dealers hands. No kidding!. They eluded (no promises) that mine was potentially shipping Monday from Benicia to Monterey. I do hope that is so true. I started the purchase paperwork process, including inquires on: protection plans, PPF, ceramic coating, prepaid maintenance and wire payment. I am confident I will only participate in the last item.

Almost there..
The following 3 users liked this post by Earle:
freesole (05-05-2024), Marin Vizsla (05-05-2024), OpieSF (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 01:33 PM
freesole
Instructor

Originally Posted by Earle
Believe in magic! and Track Your Dreams
I hope we see some movement this week! It is good news that @zanary's car was delivered this weekend. I am assuming they have all completed the customs check. Now it's up to the trucks to get them to the dealers.

I gave in and went to my dealer Saturday (yesterday), I got a fair amount accomplished and gathered some intel on my future delivery. I spoke with my SA and the sales manager and they both indicated there is a significant backlog of Porsches (~1300) in Benicia waiting for shipment. I got the impression they are motivated to get them into the dealers hands. No kidding!. They eluded (no promises) that mine was potentially shipping Monday from Benicia to Monterey. I do hope that is so true. I started the purchase paperwork process, including inquires on: protection plans, PPF, ceramic coating, prepaid maintenance and wire payment. I am confident I will only participate in the last item.

Almost there..
So close... yet feels so far Hope you get your car this week! By the time my car arrives, I'm pretty sure I'll be out of country and won't be back for another 10 days. Was really hoping to be able to pick up and drop off at my PPF shop before leaving but it is going to be a fun thing to come back to.
The following 3 users liked this post by freesole:
Earle (05-05-2024), Marin Vizsla (05-05-2024), OpieSF (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 02:46 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

For us in the PNW and our collective sanity, I really, REALLY hope we get calls / txt from our sales reps tomorrow but I’m not holding my breath. I’m guessing 30% chance? Based on @OpieSF message yesterday, it took around 12 days from Benicia to Seattle so based on Jiuyang’s arrival date, we’re looking at mid-week this week. Again, fingers crossed the trucks arrive early.

The cold front affecting us this weekend will also affect Northern California so there is forecast of snow in the Siskiyous b/w CA and OR yesterday and today (Sunday). Let’s hope it doesn’t further delay the trucks driving north. The bright side is that the weather looks warm (high 70’s) in Seattle this coming weekend - perfect for picking up a new car and taking the long way home.

If @n4v4nod @freesole @spenc hear of any gossips from your sales rep, please share.

Originally Posted by freesole
The following 2 users liked this post by Marin Vizsla:
Earle (05-05-2024), freesole (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 03:45 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,689 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
If @n4v4nod @freesole @spenc hear of any gossips from your sales rep, please share.
Oddly the later the better for me. I submitted a non refundable 15k deposit for a Lotus Emira nearly three years ago and it was just delivered two weeks ago! Tried to back out of the deal, but would mean forfeiting my deposit. I tried posting it on enthusiast sites for what I paid, but no bites... so giving BAT a try. Just waiting for the title to arrive to list it. Thing in my favor... I bought at the original MSRP which over 10k cheaper than it is now.

For my Spyder RS, Dealer mentioned it's still showing as Port PDI... We will see what happens this week. I did see the nice weather headed this way. So looking forward to it. This cold constant rain is getting old.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:03 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Thank you both for sharing info from your dealers. It will be one anxious week this week.

@Earle Good luck! I hope your car does arrive in Monterey tomorrow and you’ll soon graduate!

Originally Posted by Earle
I gave in and went to my dealer Saturday (yesterday), I got a fair amount accomplished and gathered some intel on my future delivery. I spoke with my SA and the sales manager and they both indicated there is a significant backlog of Porsches (~1300) in Benicia waiting for shipment. I got the impression they are motivated to get them into the dealers hands. No kidding!. They eluded (no promises) that mine was potentially shipping Monday from Benicia to Monterey. I do hope that is so true.
For my Spyder RS, Dealer mentioned it's still showing as Port PDI... We will see what happens this week. I did see the nice weather headed this way. So looking forward to it. This cold constant rain is getting old.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marin Vizsla:
Earle (05-05-2024), n4v4nod (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 06:27 PM
BaxterB
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

For those waiting on the Glovis Courage to San Diego… she is pulling into her first stop in Brunswick Georgia.

Glovis Courage
The following 2 users liked this post by BaxterB:
Marin Vizsla (05-05-2024), n4v4nod (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 09:10 PM
GTSGO!
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Missed the boat?

May I ask for advice on how to interpret this TYD? This is from today (3 days past the date in step 8) and, since it didn’t update, am I right to assume that I missed the Courage? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:06 PM
Morgul
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSGO!
May I ask for advice on how to interpret this TYD? This is from today (3 days past the date in step 8) and, since it didn’t update, am I right to assume that I missed the Courage? Thanks.
Confirmed, you're not loaded on the Courage. I understand the disappointment of seeing ships depart Emden while your car sits parked at Emden. Hopefully you're in the next batch of departures.

The next ships coming through Emden to the West Coast:
  • NYK Dione Leader departs Emden 5/14; San Diego 6/3
  • RCC Compass arrives Emden 5/15; San Diego 6/22 and Benicia 6/27
  • NYK Cronus Leader arrives Emden 6/1; San Diego 6/24
So if you're car is being offloaded in San Diego you have a few options. If your car is going through Benicia you're likely on the RCC Compass. Either way TYD won't update to Step 8 until after your car is loaded and the ship departs. Usually the e-mails go out within a few hours of the ship departure from Emden. It may take a day or so for TYD to update after your car departs Emden.
The following users liked this post:
Marin Vizsla (05-05-2024)

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024