Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 07:14 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

FYI - In case you didn't catch one of the postings today on the main "Waiting Room" thread in the 992 forum but the TYD hack (where you can view the ship name and Vessel Carrier IMO number) is working again. I tried it myself before lunch and I see 9318474 (Jiuyang's IMO no.) on the code page now. I noticed the map at the top of the TYD screen does roughly show where the ship is in the Atlantic so the TYD site must be using the IMO number to track the ship. And coincidentally enough, the hack started working on the same day actual dates got populated in TYD. Further sign these are all interrelated.

I realize this is all moot since most of us here have confirmation of the ships our cars are on. But for those who are waiting on ships though, it's comforting (?) to know the TYD hack is working again in case they want confirmation of the ship name without bugging their sales rep. Note: before folks start asking, I understand the TYD hack works only AFTER your car is loaded and left Emden. So wait to try the hack after the TYD site shows you're at Milestone 8. I could be totally wrong but it makes sense the IMO number only appears once the car gets loaded onto the RoRo.

TYD hack for Chrome browser:
  1. Go to the TYD website.
  2. Right click and select Inspect
  3. Click on the Network tab
  4. In the box to filter the requests type "api.porsche" (with no quotes)
  5. Refresh the page
  6. You should see a number of requests in the list but you want the one that has the name "USMHXXXXX" where XXXXX is your commission number. Select that one.
  7. After selecting that one, click on the Response tab. You will see a whole bunch of coding details about your car.
  8. Near the top, you will see something like this:” ident":"| IMO_9283875"
  9. In a new browser tab, go to Marine Traffic or Vessel Finder and search on the IMO number (using above example, 9283875) to find the ship name

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 04-03-2024 at 07:24 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Marin Vizsla:
Earle (04-03-2024), Morgul (04-03-2024), zanary (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 07:46 PM
jerryzaiden
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 34 Posts

I also have dates and my car is now located here.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:08 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by AMack6
Hey guys - What a great thread!!

My 911T has been at Emden for about a week now. Does anyone have an idea which US port Utah bound vehicle would land at?
Seems like SLC bound cars are processed in Benicia

The following users liked this post:
AMack6 (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 09:30 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Sorry to hear that. I was in the same situation as you (my car sat at Emden since Jan 17) and after missing 3 boats, I finally made it onto Jiuyang on March 25. I share your frustration - there was no rhyme or reason on how they were loading ships. The one bad thing about Benicia is that we're reliant on Glovis ships only - unlike SD bound owners who have both NYK and Glovis ships dropping off cars.

Have you asked your sales rep to share the latest dates from their internal tracking system with you? Based on the dates, you should be able to narrow down which ship you'll likely be on. I hope your car makes it on Glovis Courage at this point. The silver lining is that the backlog of cars waiting for ships seems to be finally going down. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Morgul
My car has been sitting in Emden since mid January, waiting to go to Benicia. Still not released.

TYD dates are are nearly a month out of sync with reality - showing an expected departure (step 8) of 3/4, but still at stalled at step 7. Given everyone's recent good news and finally seeing real movement to get cars on their way, I'm hoping for the next ship to Benicia.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:36 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

If anyone was wondering how Porsches, Lambos, and Bentleys are loaded on RORO ships, here is a short video. Seems like the guy was trying to hide the camera so the sound is terrible (and mostly nonexistent) but you can see a range of models from Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini. It seems like they don't pack the Porsches are close together as I've seen on some other videos with other makes.

Last edited by 3uros; 04-03-2024 at 10:37 PM.
OpieSF (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 11:05 PM
Morgul
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
Sorry to hear that. I was in the same situation as you (my car sat at Emden since Jan 17) and after missing 3 boats, I finally made it onto Jiuyang on March 25. I share your frustration - there was no rhyme or reason on how they were loading ships. The one bad thing about Benicia is that we're reliant on Glovis ships only - unlike SD bound owners who have both NYK and Glovis ships dropping off cars.

Have you asked your sales rep to share the latest dates from their internal tracking system with you? Based on the dates, you should be able to narrow down which ship you'll likely be on. I hope your car makes it on Glovis Courage at this point. The silver lining is that the backlog of cars waiting for ships seems to be finally going down. Good luck!
Thank you. Yes, I have my hopes on the Glovis Courage for a 4/22 pick-up from Emden and 5/17 offload at Benicia.

When I asked about dates on their internal tracking I got a message back from my SA that indicated there was a chip issue (thanks! already aware of that.) and my car should be released shortly. Nothing specific. Thanks to this thread over the last several weeks, I have better information than my SA is sharing with me.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:53 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

WOW. How difficult is it for your SA to take a screenshot and txt / email it over to you? Especially given the situation that your car has been held up for so long in Emden. Hang in there…

When I asked about dates on their internal tracking I got a message back from my SA that indicated there was a chip issue (thanks! already aware of that.) and my car should be released shortly. Nothing specific. Thanks to this thread over the last several weeks, I have better information than my SA is sharing with me.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:02 AM
FileTitan
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

100% this guys don’t give a **** for the most part

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
WOW. How difficult is it for your SA to take a screenshot and txt / email it over to you? Especially given the situation that your car has been held up for so long in Emden. Hang in there…
Old 04-04-2024, 02:32 AM
zanary
Pro

Received 652 Likes on 308 Posts

Anyone noticing that the distance to is actually changing every few hours... Is Porsche actually calculating the distance from the vessel to the actual port?

Old 04-04-2024, 02:42 AM
zanary
Pro

Received 652 Likes on 308 Posts

Took the long and lat coordinates from the api.porsche.com file at 10:40pm Pacific and placed it on the weather map. If those coordinates are correct, here is the position of Blossom right now.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:00 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Cool. Hopefully, once it gets south of the same longitude of Puerto Rico, Jiuyang should have the currents pushing behind it and get to Santa Marta on time on 04/10 or even a bit before it. Fingers crossed.

( Apologies to those who sail if I mangled nautical terms… :-) )

Originally Posted by zanary
Took the long and lat coordinates from the api.porsche.com file at 10:40pm Pacific and placed it on the weather map. If those coordinates are correct, here is the position of Blossom right now.

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 04-04-2024 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:07 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

TYD location isn't accurate... it's just an estimate based on when the ship departed and arrives. It doesn't account for any stops along the way.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:10 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

Here's the real location of J.Blossom. It's current ETA for Santa Marta is 10a, April 10th.

Old 04-04-2024, 02:43 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Thank you. Yes, I have my hopes on the Glovis Courage for a 4/22 pick-up from Emden and 5/17 offload at Benicia.

That sucks to pay commission to a lazy SA. It would take him or her 2 seconds to take a pic of your vehicle status in the PSVMS. Pending TYD functioning correctly, you will receive an email shortly after the Glovis Courage departs Emden if your car makes it on. Good luck!

Last edited by 3uros; 04-04-2024 at 02:46 PM.
Morgul (04-04-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 07:54 PM
kamichael
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone noticing that the distance to is actually changing every few hours... Is Porsche actually calculating the distance from the vessel to the actual port?

I have noticed the estimated distance is going down periodically, although it is behind the actual vessel that I am tracking on MarineTraffic (.com). The distance on there is about 0.5 days closer than the Porsche TYD map shows. I am on the Glovis Companion and it is narrowing for an early arrival in San Diego tomorrow (4/5 - 20:00 UTC).

Last edited by kamichael; 04-05-2024 at 03:57 PM.
zanary (04-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024