Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020 | 06:23 PM
Benedict14
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Still the greatest group buy in the history of Rennlist.
I am Number 2.

And I agree with Lex. Hopefully Nick has a little ‘somethin somethin’ up his sleeve for the 991.1 Bose ? Up until this point, he’s said that it’s not doable to the standards that Musicar requires.
Old 01-20-2020 | 11:35 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

we need to do it again!
Old 01-21-2020 | 10:28 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey everyone! We've been working on some exciting stuff over the past few months. Lots of development for the 991.2 with some products that are now available. We'll be making some official announcements soon, but we are in full swing for any 991.2 platform audio upgrade. We've also finally developed a workaround for the fiber-optic/bluetooth issues with the Bose 991.1 cars and we'll have some options beyond tweeters for those very soon. Just working out some kinks and optimizing the performance before we approve the solution. We'll also be working on an application for the 718 chassis in the next few months.

If you've reached out to us over the past 30 days and haven't received a response, I apologize for that. We're working through our backlogged inbox right now and playing some catch up. I actually run our Porsche-specific division as well as the majority of our local projects here in Portland, and we've been extremely busy this winter. If you don't receive a message by the end of the week please send me a PM so I can get you the info you need. Thanks so much for everyone's patience. Taking care of this community here on Rennlist has always been a heavy focus for us. Looking forward to sharing more information soon!

Originally Posted by Weppel
Anyone heard from Nick / Musicar NW recently? I emailed them about ordering, but no response as of yet.
Send me a PM with your email so I can search our inbox and make sure I get you taken care of ASAP!

Originally Posted by Christopher G
I reached out on the 5th and got this reply on the 8th: "We definitely still offer the tweeter upgrade for the 991.1, and in fact, we're working on a few more upgrades for that platform that should make it a much more enjoyable experience. Can't say too much but we'll be launching a pre-order/group buy for some new packages in the next 30 days. "
We're really pumped about this one. If all goes well we're a couple weeks from releasing the info on a potential group buy for the 991.1 Bose community!

Originally Posted by LexVan
Still the greatest group buy in the history of Rennlist.
You were instrumental in it's launch!

Originally Posted by sr5959
Definitely getting this upgrade soon! The Bose is not bad but there’s definitely room for improvement.
Shoot me a PM or an email – happy to take care of you!

Originally Posted by ducktails
Marginally OT, but two days ago I got the full Musicar Stage 3 upgrade installed in my .2T. My T originally came with the base audio system and, let's be honest, the base wasn't great! It's actually kind of insulting that Porsche ships cars like that. But I digress.

I'm still "breaking in" the new speakers, but a few observations:
1. The local installer I worked with (Sound Innovations in Union City) expressed a lot of admiration for how well the kit was put together, how easy it was to install, and the quality of all the components. Pretty much "plug and play" with base audio, installation took approx 5hrs.
2. The tweeters are no joke - obviously it's far and away better than the base system, as well as far better than what comes with the Bose in my 981 and Macan. However, the clarity and richness at the "top end" really is amazing and I can hear detail I don't even notice on my home audio.
3. Fiddling with the settings as mentioned in a previous thread (Bass +3, Treble -1 with fade toward the front) seems to make the system sound best. There's also strong improvement in the mid and low range although, it's probably not the same as adding a real high-end subwoofer (which anyway adds more expense and weight than I'd want in a T).

Overall IMO the full Stage 3 is a "must have" upgrade for the base system and probably worth it for the Bose too, although the tweeters do seem to be the part of the system that deliver the most "wow" factor for me.
Thanks for the glowing review! It was great to meet you, and we were thrilled for the opportunity to set you up with the Stage III. Looking forward to chatting again when you make it up this way!

Originally Posted by Jim991
The tweeter upgrade is well worth the money. I'm looking forward to other similar upgrades. Even with the tweeter upgrade the sound with the Bose system is not as good as the Harmon Kardon system in my MB 450 GLS and is light years behind some custom systems I have built in prior cars. The MOST system is the limiting factor. Hopefully, Nick has a work around to this.
Thanks for the kind words about the tweeters, Jim! Definitely have something coming down the pipeline that you'd enjoy — stay tuned.

Originally Posted by 9912B
Same here. I emailed about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back. I'm still loving the tweeter upgrade for my 991.2 Bose and interested it what else he may have available.
Getting through our inbox this week. If you send me a PM with your email address I'll look up your message and get you taken care of right away!

Originally Posted by isugoo
we need to do it again!
The tweeters are always available and made-to-order. We're typically only looking at 2-3 days of lead time for new orders. Feel free to reach out via PM or email anytime!

Old 01-22-2020 | 08:32 PM
Time4Porsche
Rennlist Member

Interested in 991.1 Bose group buy!
The following users liked this post:
unibrain (01-24-2020)
Old 01-23-2020 | 06:34 AM
Weppel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Send me a PM with your email so I can search our inbox and make sure I get you taken care of ASAP!
PM'd!
Old 01-23-2020 | 11:04 AM
SF Neunelfer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Time4Porsche
+1
Old 01-23-2020 | 03:11 PM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Time4Porsche
Me too!
Old 01-23-2020 | 05:21 PM
3DMetal
Instructor

I have a set of burmester speakers grills for front, if anyone needs. please dm me.
Old 01-23-2020 | 08:15 PM
Hyped
Track Day

If the tweeters and upgrades will also work in the 981 (Cayman) then I'm excited! My GTS unfortunately has the basic SPP with PCM.
Old 01-24-2020 | 03:08 AM
UH2
Instructor

I'm definitely interested in a 991.1 upgrade beyond the tweeters.

Old 01-24-2020 | 02:08 PM
madrambler
Intermediate

Count me in, Nick. I have the tweeter upgrade for my 991.1 and love it, but want more. Please include me in future group buys.
The following users liked this post:
unibrain (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020 | 04:10 PM
gwporsche
Advanced

+1 for tweeters and future upgrade for 991.1
Old 01-27-2020 | 09:07 PM
HF_992
5th Gear

Thumbs up the Tweeter into 992 platform

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Hey everyone! We've been working on some exciting stuff over the past few months. Lots of development for the 991.2 with some products that are now available. We'll be making some official announcements soon, but we are in full swing for any 991.2 platform audio upgrade. We've also finally developed a workaround for the fiber-optic/bluetooth issues with the Bose 991.1 cars and we'll have some options beyond tweeters for those very soon. Just working out some kinks and optimizing the performance before we approve the solution. We'll also be working on an application for the 718 chassis in the next few months.

If you've reached out to us over the past 30 days and haven't received a response, I apologize for that. We're working through our backlogged inbox right now and playing some catch up. I actually run our Porsche-specific division as well as the majority of our local projects here in Portland, and we've been extremely busy this winter. If you don't receive a message by the end of the week please send me a PM so I can get you the info you need. Thanks so much for everyone's patience. Taking care of this community here on Rennlist has always been a heavy focus for us. Looking forward to sharing more information soon!

Hi Nick!

Trying to get hold of you guys thru email (PM doesn't seem to work for me..) know it's hectic times ..

Would love to hear if you have any estimates for when the High End Tweeter-package will be adapted for the 992 platform.

best regards
Old 01-28-2020 | 11:36 AM
Weppel
Rennlist Member

Must be very busy indeed, still waiting for a response to my PM and emails.

I'm a bit frustrated, teasing me with such a quality tweeter upgrade and then not responding
Old 01-28-2020 | 12:00 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Weppel
Must be very busy indeed, still waiting for a response to my PM and emails.

I'm a bit frustrated, teasing me with such a quality tweeter upgrade and then not responding
Go to their website. Here is the link with the contact information.

https://musicarnw.com/contact-us/

Quick Reply: Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade