Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

| GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 04:30 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by clindst
@12v Nick Interested in an upgrade path for BASE audio if/when it becomes available. BOSE is not available for my order so it's either BASE or Burmester and it seems like money is better spent on BASE + upgrades.
I've been in discussion with a few contacts at our local dealer to get connected with a development partner. I'm told there are a good number of Base Audio 992's orders delivering in Jan/Feb, so I'm hoping we have something available by Springtime or sooner. Send me a PM with your email and contact info so I can add you to an update list for that development!

Originally Posted by J Crew
@12v Nick Sent a PM as I'm interested in just purchasing the precut sound deadening. Thanks and look forward to talking soon.
You've got mail!

If anyone else is interested in the sound damping package, it's available outside the group buy as an a la carte option for $295. Just PM or email me tog et an order in!

Originally Posted by Ga992
@12v Nick Hi Nick - quick question. I see that on some of your installations you have added soundshield to the floor panels and other areas. Would you suggest the same on this installation if going with the Stage 3? If so, how much would the additonal cost be? I am not a track guy so weight is of no concern for me. Your feedback is much appreciated.
It never hurts to do more sound damping in these cars. We just include what we believe is the best balance between panel resonance damping and added weight. An extra 3.5lb per door is well worth the results. Cars like this Oslo Blue 992 Signature Project got a lot more and it certainly made a difference. We don't have pre-cut kits for that, but I'm happy to send you more raw materials if you want to go rogue!

The following users liked this post:
Ga992 (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 09:17 PM
Ga992
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

@12v Nick Hi Nick - Thanks for the quick response. I think I would be willing to do the extra 3.5lb per door like the Oslo Blue 992 Signature Project. I'll take the additional raw materials and give it a try.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:54 AM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 340 Posts

@12v Nick How would you rate the installation difficulty for the additional sound deadening? I've got the Burmester so I don't think the audio components are meant for me, but the sound deadening might still be helpful. If it's too much of a pain to get everything apart and back together perfectly aligned without breaking anything, maybe I'll have the dealer take care of it - I have a replacement door panel on order under warranty due to a defect in the leather, so maybe they'd do that door for "free" since they're R&Iing anyways and I could only pay for the other one. 🤔
J Crew (11-24-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 02:42 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ga992
@12v Nick Hi Nick - Thanks for the quick response. I think I would be willing to do the extra 3.5lb per door like the Oslo Blue 992 Signature Project. I'll take the additional raw materials and give it a try.
I'll certainly get you set up with an "advanced" damping kit for yours, but I wanted to clarify that the 3.5lb is what our original kit weighs per door. The additional for the doors would probably add about the same though.

Originally Posted by zachr
@12v Nick How would you rate the installation difficulty for the additional sound deadening? I've got the Burmester so I don't think the audio components are meant for me, but the sound deadening might still be helpful. If it's too much of a pain to get everything apart and back together perfectly aligned without breaking anything, maybe I'll have the dealer take care of it - I have a replacement door panel on order under warranty due to a defect in the leather, so maybe they'd do that door for "free" since they're R&Iing anyways and I could only pay for the other one. 🤔
On a scale of 1 to 5 I would put it at about a 2 — The doors have only two T25 screw holding them in and the whole assembly slides up and off. There are a few harnesses to disconnect, but it takes about 2 min to remove each door. Going back on is only slightly more tedious since you have to line everything up appropriately, but this only adds about 60 seconds to the task. The whole process makes it REALLY difficult to break anything unless you're grossly negligent.

I have all the photos for a walkthrough on that, and I'll try to post that up by this weekend. I'm actually taking some personal R&R for the Holiday right now, so I'm working a little slower than normal.

The following 6 users liked this post by 12v Nick:
AlterZgo (11-25-2022), dixonk (11-24-2022), Ga992 (11-28-2022), Go Bruins (11-25-2022), J Crew (11-24-2022), zachr (11-24-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-24-2022, 07:38 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
I'll certainly get you set up with an "advanced" damping kit for yours, but I wanted to clarify that the 3.5lb is what our original kit weighs per door. The additional for the doors would probably add about the same though.

On a scale of 1 to 5 I would put it at about a 2 — The doors have only two T25 screw holding them in and the whole assembly slides up and off. There are a few harnesses to disconnect, but it takes about 2 min to remove each door. Going back on is only slightly more tedious since you have to line everything up appropriately, but this only adds about 60 seconds to the task. The whole process makes it REALLY difficult to break anything unless you're grossly negligent.

I have all the photos for a walkthrough on that, and I'll try to post that up by this weekend. I'm actually taking some personal R&R for the Holiday right now, so I'm working a little slower than normal.
I sent you a PM for the sound deadening. I would be down for an “advanced” option that provides additional deadening if that is available.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:59 AM
acr89
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 146 Posts

Also interested in sound deadening for Burmester, I just want to confirm that all of the pre cut pieces will fit a Burmester equipped 992.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:51 AM
Raynekat
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 21 Posts

Nick, sent you an PM tonight.
If the group buy is still open, I'd like to be added to the Stage 2 group....with interest in Stage 3 down the road.
Does your shop install? I live in the area. Ballpark cost for that?
From day one, I thought the sound coming out of the optioned Bose was horrid.
Glad there's a reasonably priced upgrade.
And also glad I didn't pony up for the Burmeister system.

Thx, Doug
Old 12-06-2022, 02:39 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by acr89
Also interested in sound deadening for Burmester, I just want to confirm that all of the pre cut pieces will fit a Burmester equipped 992.
It will definitely fit all audio system iterations.

Originally Posted by Raynekat
Nick, sent you an PM tonight.
If the group buy is still open, I'd like to be added to the Stage 2 group....with interest in Stage 3 down the road.
Does your shop install? I live in the area. Ballpark cost for that?
From day one, I thought the sound coming out of the optioned Bose was horrid.
Glad there's a reasonably priced upgrade.
And also glad I didn't pony up for the Burmeister system.

Thx, Doug
Thanks for the order, Doug — got you added to the roster!

For reference, the majority of Musicar is actually in-house custom installation. Check out these builds if you want a little more insight there:

Got the Oslo Blues — 992 Sound System Build Log by MusicarNW

Musicar Full Custom Signature Audio for 2022 Macan GTS

PROJECT | GT2RS Stealth Radar/Laser Defense & Musicar Stage 3+ Audio

Old 12-06-2022, 05:54 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

It will definitely fit all audio system iterations.

Thanks for the order, Doug — got you added to the roster!

For reference, the majority of Musicar is actually in-house custom installation. Check out these builds if you want a little more insight there:

Got the Oslo Blues — 992 Sound System Build Log by MusicarNW

Musicar Full Custom Signature Audio for 2022 Macan GTS

PROJECT | GT2RS Stealth Radar/Laser Defense & Musicar Stage 3+ Audio
Totally Off-Topic; but I’d be interested to know if you guys could develop a plug and play reverse camera upgrade for the 992?

I’ve gotten used to the high-res ones in my other cars then recently backed up the 911 and forgot how absolutely terrible it is
Old 12-06-2022, 10:19 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rxpert
Totally Off-Topic; but I’d be interested to know if you guys could develop a plug and play reverse camera upgrade for the 992?

I’ve gotten used to the high-res ones in my other cars then recently backed up the 911 and forgot how absolutely terrible it is
I haven't noticed it being that bad, but I don't daily a 992. That said, I also doubt we'd be able to do anything of value here. The cameras and angles are somewhat proprietary to the parking aid overlays and whatnot.

Is this a common complaint?
Old 12-07-2022, 09:49 AM
J Crew
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I haven't noticed it being that bad, but I don't daily a 992. That said, I also doubt we'd be able to do anything of value here. The cameras and angles are somewhat proprietary to the parking aid overlays and whatnot.

Is this a common complaint?
My backup camera looks great. Maybe they have a defective camera?
Go Bruins (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 10:22 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 744 Posts

My backup camera looks great. Maybe they have a defective camera?
The 992 backup camera is surely not the best, pretty low resolution, little brightness, bad low light performance. Other lower cost car manufacturer putting much better cameras in their cars...but its doing its job and not worth to think twice about it in my mind.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:25 AM
J Crew
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I haven't noticed... maybe all of my cars have crappy backup cams, haha. I'm sure you're right tho, because now that I think about it, it does struggle in low light.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 744 Posts

I haven't noticed... maybe all of my cars have crappy backup cams, haha. I'm sure you're right tho, because now that I think about it, it does struggle in low light.
I never thought about it either until I got a new small SUV for daily duties....and I was kind of surprised how much better these have become.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:30 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello Nick, Just picked up my 992 GT3, after 3 rides and 100 miles the sound and rattles are awful compared to my 991.2 GT3, actually I think the whole finishes are worse. Buttons feel, Alcantara etc. kind of understandable given the pandemic and lack of suppliers/resources.

I ordered the standard stereo , would you kit work with the Standard stereo or only the Bose?

Is there anything I can do or just get a Bluetooth Boombox and stick in the back...... I got a nice JBL one :-)

Quick Reply: | GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992