Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1994 Porsche C4 Black Widebody

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:41 AM
geshleman
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 1994 Porsche C4 Black Widebody

Year: 1994
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C4
Mileage (numbers only please): 110361
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AB2962RS420328
Price (no $ sign please): $47900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Guys...Parting with my rare '94 C4 WB. Tan leather interior with black piping, black carpet and accents make this a really striking color combination. Porsche produced only about 250 of these widebody (turbo-look) cars and this is a very well-maintained example of what's quickly becoming a collector's car. Great car to drive and great car to own!

This car spent its whole life in Southern California with myself and 2 previous owners. Extensive paper documentation goes back through the 2nd owner to about 2004 and Carfax indicates electronic service records back to 1995. Tool kit, compressor, spare, owners manuals, technical data manual, all intact. Also have Porsche 964 Service Manuals 7 volumes on CD (pdf).

I've owned the car for the last 10,000 miles and some of the things I've done to the car in that time are: new floor mats, window switches, sunroof switch, replaced the horns, deck lid shocks, visor clips, battery, battery tender, cooler oil pipe, turn signal mechanism, power steering hose, timing chain gaskets, valve covers, valve adjustment, oil bridge seals, miscellaneous clips and holders.

Upgraded the sound system with JL component speakers, crossovers and 1200W Infinity amp under the passenger seat. Also have a JL sub that I've been intending to build a custom enclosure for but haven't gotten around to it. Alpine HU is from the PO, personally not one of my favorites but haven't found a suitable replacement yet, would like something with classic Porsche styling but newer BT features. Still have the original Porsche HU too.

From the service records the following has also been done to the car in its history: last major service (99k), cooler oil pipe and air duct (83k), alternator (76k), tachometer (72k), blower fan and wiper arm (65k), several oil hoses (61k), and of course regular maintenance items along the way like oil and brakes.

Also in its history is one accident that the PO explained to me and is documented in Carfax. PO hit an object (?) somewhere on Mulholland Hwy and damaged right front of car in Dec-2004. Had RF fender replaced with parts special ordered from Germany, probably some other trim pieces damaged and replaced as well. IMO, repair work was impeccable based on how the car looks and handles.

Mechanically the car is in great shape with essentially no oil leaks. The only trace I can find is a drop that I find every 2-3 days (depending on whether I've driven it or not) somewhere front of the engine toward the passenger side, but I've not been able to trace it. If it gets larger I would address it. Am a big fan of synthetic oils and have primarily used Mobil 1. Currently running 15W-50 after doing some extensive research on what's best for the 964's under SoCal driving conditions.

As can be seen from the photos, paint's in great shape with only a few minor blemishes. One small chip low on the driver's side door and another on the roof panel from the PO that has been touched up.

The car is not in perfect condition as might be expected for a 1994. The following are the things I would eventually address if I continued to own the car, but don't see as urgent requirements yet:
1) Driver seat is worn low on the bolster and now starting to tear at the low stitches, new leather seats would be a great upgrade. Rear seats and all other trim (and passenger seat) all in great shape.
2) Rear lights are slightly faded, but not any more than most 964's. I have a red film application that pops them back the way I like, but also hides the Porsche lettering. About $1000 to replace all 3 lights. (Last pic shows the lights before the film, really not that bad and film can easily be removed.)
3) AC doesn't blow as cold as I'd like but I understand that's also a weakness of the 964's. Recharged it last summer and that helped, but may also need to track down and renew some seals soon.

Also am searching for a new set of wheels and tires (also why I'm running Kumho's for now, had P-zeros previously). I think some 18" deeper dish BBS or Speedlines with black centers would be a good look on this car, something close to stock and that fills the wheel wells better than the stock 17" Cup 1's.

Attached Images            
Old 01-20-2015, 02:31 AM
geshleman
AutoX

Also have the following extra's to go along with the car: car cover, bra, extra set of brake pads, brake dampener pads, paragon f/e urethane bushings, and probably more!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:35 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 417 Posts

Great looking car! Perfect color combo. GLWS
Old 01-20-2015, 08:38 AM
musiker
Rennlist Member

Great looking car.GLWS
Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 PM
geshleman
AutoX

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:22 PM
993Buyer
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Please PM me about your 964 Mr. Geshleman.
Thank you.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
onceover
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

This wont last long at that price! Jealous of whoever snatches it up
Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will be gone quickly... nice ride.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:42 PM
geshleman
AutoX

Thanks guys. Got a lot of interest this morning when I checked my PM's. Hope it goes to a real enthusiast and not somebody just looking to flip it.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:14 PM
964Q
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ Agreed!

We'll talk soon.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:41 AM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

beautiful car...where in SoCal is car please?
Old 01-21-2015, 01:43 AM
geshleman
AutoX

NW side of LA County--Westlake Village.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:52 AM
rudedog
Rennlist Member

Nice!! How much are you selling this 964 for?
Old 01-21-2015, 08:44 AM
PAULUNM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rudedog
Nice!! How much are you selling this 964 for?
You should read the ad one more time. Specifically under "price."
Old 01-21-2015, 12:04 PM
geshleman
AutoX

SALE IS PENDING.
To all those who have PM'd, i will update this thread by end of this weekend if for some reason sale doesn't close and car is still available.
Thanks for everyone's interest!

Quick Reply: 1994 Porsche C4 Black Widebody