Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1989 928 GT - IMMACULATE 89GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Th Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1989 928 GT - IMMACULATE 89GT - SOLD

Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 928
Cont. Porsche Models: 928 (all)
Mileage (numbers only please): 85000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: GUARDS RED
VIN: WP0JB0929KS861171
Price (no $ sign please): $25999
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

PORSCHE 928 GT VIN# WP0JB0929KS861171

Guards Red / Black
5 Speed Manual
85,000 miles

SOLD

* Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule a viewing appointment.

RARE OPPORTUNITY to purchase 1 of only 109 1989 928 GT’s. http://www.928registry.org/1989-928/...sting-page.htm

The 1989 928 GT is THE PORSCHE factory 928 hotrod and was differentiated from the 928 S4 and GTS in the following ways:

· High Output M28/47 Engine rated @ 326HP (S4 is rated @ 316 hp)
· Rolled fender lips front and rear
· Lightened twin outlet exhaust
· Shorter shift lever
· Different intake (factory hand ported)
· GT camshafts (come alive after 4000 rpm)
· 17 mm Rear wheel spacers
· Short ratio manual transmission
· Palloid cut ring and pinion (as per the 959 race car) w/2.73 gearing vs. 2.2 on the 928 S4
· Wheels are 8”x16”(front) and 9”x16”(rear) "Club Sport" 60mm offset with 225/50 16(front) and 245/45 16(rear) tires

1989 928 GT is further differentiated from the S4 by the following options:

· 220 - 40% Limited Slip
· 393 - Forged Alloy Wheels
· 474 - Sport Suspension
· 481 - 5-speed transmission
· 639 - 1989 928 GT

* I am including a 3” thick, three-ring binder with sheet protected service records dating back to the original owner.

* Timing Belt changed @ 61,072 miles by Devek in Feb. 2006

* Recent service at Precision Motorwerks included: New distributor caps, coil wires, rotors, Porsche brake pads and sensors on all four corners, and Porsche coolant flush.

* This Porsche was recently treated (Feb. 2012) to a $10,000 photo-documented, full paint restoration at a certified Porsche facility (including new rubber seals throughout). This 928 GT looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

Exterior: 9.5/10 (shows like a new car)

Interior: 9/10 (shows like a 20k mile car)

Registered until MAY 2013!!!

Clean and clear California title in hand.

This is an extremely rare, well documented, obsessively and immaculately maintained 928. Highly desirable Guards Red over Black leather.

GTS Wing (original black GT/S4 wing included)
GTS Mirrors
GTS Shifter (original included)
Momo "Fighter" steering wheel w/Porsche crest horn button (original Porsche steering wheel included)
Original Club Sport Forged Alloy Wheels
Original mini spare tire
Original Porsche air compressor!
Original Porsche tool kit
Original owners manual
Original Luggage Net
Ice Cold A/C
New interior light fixtures with LED bulb upgrades
Newly installed, high-quality, heat reflective tint (Solar Gard Ultra Performance 30)
Comprehensive documentation
Noah car cover
Nakamichi / McIntosh Helix / Audison sound system (1st rate and awesome!)

Porsche 1989 GT sales brochure (German language) and various additional 928 literature.

* Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule a viewing appointment.

* I strongly encourage any serious buyer to come and inspect the vehicle. You will not be disappointed. I am 100% certain that the first serious buyer to see this car in person will purchase it.

The chance to purchase an 89GT in this condition is unlikely to occur again any time soon. One of the most respected 928 mechanics in the country just told me that someone could “search for years and not find another 89GT in this condition”. This car positively radiates pride of ownership. The condition of this 928 is beyond any other currently on the market. Go see the others, then come and be astounded by this one.

Being much lighter and sportier than the 928 GTS, the ’89 GT is the must have 928 for the true performance minded enthusiast.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Th Dude; 06-25-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: price change
Old 05-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have seen this car in person and it is an absolute stunning example!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Bill Ball
Under the Lift
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

WOW! This sure looks like the 89 GT that used to reside in Roseville and the SF Bay Area prior to that. Same color, wheels, GTS wing and mirrors, stereo upgrade. That car was once known as the "Seth" car, named after one of its more meticulous owners. The only thing that's throwing me off is the recent respray. Last time I saw this car about 2 years ago, if it is the same one, the paint was perfect. [EDIT: Checked the VIN - it's the same car I have known since 2002. Why the respray?]
Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 PM
tilac999
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Absolutely fabulous '89 GT. Love it.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Th Dude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill Ball
Why the respray?]
Last January, about 8 months into my uber paranoid ownership of the former "seth car", I had the unfortunate circumstance of driving through ~30 seconds of light hail. Mind you, I hadn't driven the car in any rain whatsoever and planned on never driving this car in any inclement weather. On this occasion, no rain had been predicted. The sky had been hazy, but not overcast, throughout the day. Just before sunset, I had an errand to accomplish that I previously put off due to rain a few days earlier. I had already waited three days for the roads to dry. As I crested a grade on the 101 freeway, what appeared to be rain bathed the car and the road for no more than 30 seconds.
Long story, short...light hail chipped nearly every panel. No dings...just enough chips to screw an otherwise perfect 23 old original single stage Guards Red.
I called Greg Brown and he recommended a 928 knowledgeable, Porsche certified paint facility. The same one S4Ordie used, in fact.
In the process, I left the rub strips off and had the rear wiper properly deleted as well. Tons of new rubber seals and gaskets throughout. With the level of attention that was paid to the details in this rejuvenation process, the car is truly better than it was. Ask Greg Brown or Rob.
If I wasn't paranoid enough before, I am now. I check for mud flaps on every truck that drives in front of me. I now try to walk whenever possible.

Someone please save me from this example of 928 perfection that plagues me.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Bill Ball
Under the Lift
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi Derek: Ah, that's a sad story, but you outdid yourself with the new paint. This is a glorious car.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Th Dude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill Ball
Hi Derek: Ah, that's a sad story, but you outdid yourself with the new paint. This is a glorious car.
Thanks, Bill.
Knowing what the 89GT represents in the grand 928 scheme, I felt entirely obligated to do justice by her.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM
SethW
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes! Take care of my old girl! I loved, loved that car. I will never forget my ride home when I picked her up in Reno that first time. I'm glad to hear she got the respray that she deserved, that original paint was mint. It looks like you did some nice cleaning up in the engine, you are making me proud. I hope it goes to a Rennlister so I can see where she lands.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 149 Likes on 80 Posts

I have known this car for many, many years, and am not aware of any 928 that was more pampered than this one. I'm sure the new owner will not be disappointed by it!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Th Dude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nicole
I have known this car for many, many years, and am not aware of any 928 that was more pampered than this one. I'm sure the new owner will not be disappointed by it!
Thanks, Nicole. You are absolutely correct...there will be NO disappointments for anyone looking at this rare and clean beauty.

Last edited by Th Dude; 06-03-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Quick Reply: 1989 928 GT - IMMACULATE 89GT