Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1993 911 RS AMERICA

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Rikky001
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1993
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 82507
Color: Gran Prix White
VIN: WP0AB2961PS419166
Price (no $ sign please): $103991
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by turbofever
I don't care what these cars are going for marked up or not...

What I care about is that they stay in America

I wish they could stop them all being exported to China and even back to Germany as theirs are rusted out.

I hope to buy a classic one day.

I love the cars that they are listing - excites me to see their listing!

Unlikely a RSA would end up in Europe, as quasi impossible to sell. The RS is the one to look for but hard to find and getting extremely expensive. I still regret I sold my '92 RS. Pricewise I think the RSA is not priced extremely expensive but correct.

For the people interested. a bit info about RSA;(ref. www.stuttcars.com)

Porsche Cars North America being desperate about the sales, showed a new 911 modification in January 1992. It was called the 911 RS America and as a marketing trick it was immediately sold as a 1993 model (altough Porsche's model year starts in August). Its visual distinction was the whale tail rear spoiler, the 'RS' decals on the sides just in front of the rear wheels, and the 17" wheels were fitted as standard on this model. It had a sports suspension, but with US-model standard ride height. To reduce weight, the power steering was deleted, mirrors were manual, flat door panels were fitted from the European RS, radio and AC optional (otherwise standard in US Carrera), cruise control, seat heating and headlamp washer not available at all (were optional for Carrera). For some reason the rear seats were replaced by the luggage shelf for MY1993 (cannot see weight reduction here), but they were back for the 1994 model. The front seats were cloth covered sports seats. The RS America was listed by PCNA as weighing 2954 pounds (1340 kg), 77 pounds (35 kg) lighter than the weight listed for the stock US Carrera 2 (which was heavier than the European C2). The RS America had standard C2 brakes, engine and gearbox.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:17 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went and saw this car the other day, they are adding back the factory AC system. While I didn't get the car up on the lift, no need to for the PPI my customer wanted on it, I did get a pretty good look at everything.

As for the price and markup, I think different cars are worth different values in different parts of the country,world, and even just to different customers depending on what they value in each car. I try to keep a finger on market values around the globe but it can be quite hard as values do change. And you can't fault a business for wanting to turn a profit, it's what they are suppose to do.

This car does have some real neat items that make it a real cool car and potentially a great value to some buyers, although some other buyers might not like. Just depends what you are looking for.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:35 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

John, Feel free to call me if I can help with details. Rodger,Gerald, even Gary Schultz all have my cell phone number.
Cheers,
Viking[/QUOTE]

Thanks Viking, Roger mentioned that you would be coming to inspect the car. As you found we are replacing the a/c unit amongst other items.
I appreciate the opportunity to reach out to you and look forward to the chance of meeting you the next time that you come by.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:16 AM
Justapunter
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rikky001
Unlikely a RSA would end up in Europe, as quasi impossible to sell. The RS is the one to look for but hard to find and getting extremely expensive. I still regret I sold my '92 RS. Pricewise I think the RSA is not priced extremely expensive but correct.

For the people interested. a bit info about RSA;(ref. www.stuttcars.com)

Porsche Cars North America being desperate about the sales, showed a new 911 modification in January 1992. It was called the 911 RS America and as a marketing trick it was immediately sold as a 1993 model (altough Porsche's model year starts in August). Its visual distinction was the whale tail rear spoiler, the 'RS' decals on the sides just in front of the rear wheels, and the 17" wheels were fitted as standard on this model. It had a sports suspension, but with US-model standard ride height. To reduce weight, the power steering was deleted, mirrors were manual, flat door panels were fitted from the European RS, radio and AC optional (otherwise standard in US Carrera), cruise control, seat heating and headlamp washer not available at all (were optional for Carrera). For some reason the rear seats were replaced by the luggage shelf for MY1993 (cannot see weight reduction here), but they were back for the 1994 model. The front seats were cloth covered sports seats. The RS America was listed by PCNA as weighing 2954 pounds (1340 kg), 77 pounds (35 kg) lighter than the weight listed for the stock US Carrera 2 (which was heavier than the European C2). The RS America had standard C2 brakes, engine and gearbox.
Funny, my euro spec 84 carrera is about 77lbs lighter than its US version as well, but with ostensibly the same trim.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:06 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by onefastviking
No problem here with selling a car for a profit, even if it's considered flipping. Buy low, sell high. They are in this as a business, they have overhead, and we should expect them to make money so they will be able to stay in business. No different than any of us in business.

I do have a problem with a car not represented correctly, especially by a PORSCHE dealer, they should know better. They advertised as "fully stock", it's not. Let the buyer beware, pay for a good PPI. I do wish they would take more time representing this car properly, if they don't know it's not hard to find out.

Don't get me wrong, this still in fact may be an excellent car to buy, and PORSCHE North Houston may even be willing to correct some of these items. John even said they are already working on some of the items. Whether it's a great,good, or bad deal just depends what you are looking for and what your price point is.

The door handle clips are obvious, as is the lack of AC compressor, even tho the COA and options codes say it has AC. Guess no one else noticed the KN filter and hot film sensor in place of the true stock AFM, (appears to be an Autothority MAF).
It does appear to maybe have a different exhaust, hard to tell from the current pics. Also it appears a weird exhaust trim on rear bumper around the exhaust tips. Hmmm, two exhaust tips ? RSA's didn't come like that. Missing blower motor ? Want me to keep going, it's like where's Waldo.
Carpet looks a little wrong too even tho I can't tell for sure from current pics. RS emblem on rear deck lid is wrong too, lacks the "America" portion and may be the incorrect size. All pretty obvious stuff, at least to me, although I do get hired out to do PPI's on a regular basis for Porsche's so I probably am more critical than most people. Of course I'm just checking out pictures online.

John, Feel free to call me if I can help with details. Rodger,Gerald, even Gary Schultz all have my cell phone number.
Cheers,
Viking
All,

I wanted to update my ad for this car as Viking has brought up a good point about how I have represented this car and it is very appreciated as I should have been more detailed in my representation about the overall spec of this particular car.
I was just so excited to have a great example of this model in our inventory and couldn't wait to post it up to this community..
I have definitely learned a good lesson here and again I appreciate and respect Viking for calling me out on it. In future ads I will definitely do my due diligence and investigate exactly what is being offered before posting.

All of the details that Viking had mentioned are being looked into and will be rectified to the best of our ability.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:14 AM
KDAWG97M3
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

So I guess the dealer stopped pimping this one out?
Old 04-03-2016, 09:31 AM
KDAWG97M3
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by KDAWG97M3
I am interested if not sold....
Old 05-06-2016, 04:47 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by KDAWG97M3
Hey guys, we stopped pimping the car as after taking into consideration some of the comments and especially Vikings statements regarding the AC unit and other cosmetics we decided to do the right thing and get her properly sorted.
We have spent over $16,000 in order to accomplish this and I have attached full documentation for full disclosure.
The end caps for the door handles have been ordered and will be installed upon arrival.
We re shot the whole car as well as the engine bay and I have updated the pics on the first page.

Thanks again to Viking for the visit and the assistance

$103,991 OBO

Old 05-14-2016, 06:05 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This car has SOLD

Congrats to the new owner!

Quick Reply: 1993 911 RS AMERICA